GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator 3? 12a? PAH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Having recently watched T3, I found it to be better than 1 but not as good as 2, as strange as it may seem. Theres just one thing that I find strange, how a film that under 12s can watch (there were toddlers making a ruckus when I was trying to watch this film) can have so many unsuitable scenes. Such as when John Connor uses the F word about 3 times in rapid succession, or when the Terminator impales two people with her hands and there is a close up of the gore. Its not fair, as soon as I'm old enough to watch the films with swearing, gore and nudity, the age ratings slacken completely.
Good film though, let down only by "comic relief" (having jokes in the middle of action sequences).
Fri 29/08/03 at 06:27
Regular
"\\"
Lombardo wrote:
> Too many films use comic relief, I don't think they realise how
> annoying it is, 2 others that let the film down;
>
> LOTR: Two Towers ---- Gimli

Pb... nh... em...

But it was a book first.
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:23
Regular
"That's right!"
He didn't have one eye, one was just... strange. But yeah, he scared me when I were a little'un.

T3 better than The Terminator? Are you stoned?

But I too was shocked by what was in the film. I always assumed it would get a 15, and when I saw it was a 12A, I was mortified. Thought it was going to be a kid's film.

While watching it I was quite surprised by the swearing and some of the violence. Not because I'm a Daily Mail reader, simply because there were small kids in the cinema and they were legally allowd to watch it. Crazy...
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:05
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> yeah, comedy relief should be in the form of characters like sloff,
> out of goonies. he scared the crap out of me when I were a kid
>
> That freakish thing that had one eye?

yeah, the one that loved candy bars, and wore a superman t-shirt.

truly terrifying
Fri 29/08/03 at 01:04
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Bora† SagdiyeV wrote:
> yeah, comedy relief should be in the form of characters like sloff,
> out of goonies. he scared the crap out of me when I were a kid

That freakish thing that had one eye?
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:55
Regular
Lombardo wrote:
> Too many films use comic relief, I don't think they realise how
> annoying it is, 2 others that let the film down;
>
> LOTR: Two Towers ---- Gimli
> Star Wars ---- Jar Jar Binks (whom I despise as much as a man
> can despise a fictional character)

yeah, comedy relief should be in the form of characters like sloff, out of goonies. he scared the crap out of me when I were a kid
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Too many films use comic relief, I don't think they realise how annoying it is, 2 others that let the film down;

LOTR: Two Towers ---- Gimli
Star Wars ---- Jar Jar Binks (whom I despise as much as a man can despise a fictional character)
Thu 28/08/03 at 23:49
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Lombardo wrote:
> Good film though, let down only by "comic relief" (having
> jokes in the middle of action sequences).

It's called 'Star Wars Episode II syndrome'. The whole last hour of Ep2 is so damn good, except for the 'comedy' robots bits. Right in the middle of the fights. Gah.
Thu 28/08/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Having recently watched T3, I found it to be better than 1 but not as good as 2, as strange as it may seem. Theres just one thing that I find strange, how a film that under 12s can watch (there were toddlers making a ruckus when I was trying to watch this film) can have so many unsuitable scenes. Such as when John Connor uses the F word about 3 times in rapid succession, or when the Terminator impales two people with her hands and there is a close up of the gore. Its not fair, as soon as I'm old enough to watch the films with swearing, gore and nudity, the age ratings slacken completely.
Good film though, let down only by "comic relief" (having jokes in the middle of action sequences).

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.