GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator 3? 12a? PAH"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 23:44
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Having recently watched T3, I found it to be better than 1 but not as good as 2, as strange as it may seem. Theres just one thing that I find strange, how a film that under 12s can watch (there were toddlers making a ruckus when I was trying to watch this film) can have so many unsuitable scenes. Such as when John Connor uses the F word about 3 times in rapid succession, or when the Terminator impales two people with her hands and there is a close up of the gore. Its not fair, as soon as I'm old enough to watch the films with swearing, gore and nudity, the age ratings slacken completely.
Good film though, let down only by "comic relief" (having jokes in the middle of action sequences).
Sat 30/08/03 at 23:19
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Kiriyama wrote:
>you were wrong and I need to point that out.

I stand corrected.

Has anyone played the Terminator game? Is it any good?
Sat 30/08/03 at 21:19
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
He doesn't run the woman over, the truck goes over her. Remember, only the wheels touch the ground.

And did anyone else find the fight between the Terminators a bit rubbish? It was like they were taking turns. "I'll ram your head into this wlal, then you slam me through this partition...". And Arnie always seemed to come out on top, which is ridiculous.
Sat 30/08/03 at 09:13
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Lombardo wrote:
> Kiriyama wrote:
> LOTR blows goats anyway. T3 was a massive disappointment, and I too
> was surprised it was a 12A with all the "F##k you. F##king
> machine" in it (not three rapid successions, like some idiot,
> said).
>
> LOTR doesn't "blow goats," I'm sure many would agree, I
> found the books and the films (well the first two) brilliant.

Fair enough, but there are plenty who will disagree, and find the books and films dire.

> Secondly, I'm not an idiot. You idiot. I posted this at 11.44pm, and
> having woken up early, I was tired, theres no need to call me an
> idiot because I wrote three instead of two.

Woah, woah. Easy there, I was joking, but still, you were wrong and I need to point that out.
Sat 30/08/03 at 09:08
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Peter Venkman wrote:
> Anyway, back to Terminator. Did anyone else notice a few mistakes in
> the film like when Arnold gets the car keys from the mirror like John
> Connor teaches him in T2 but he is a different machine nad shouldn't
> know this.
>
> Also, when they go back in time the spheres the time machine makes,
> creates a hole in the ground in the first 2 terminators but this
> doesn't happen in T3.
>
> But I still enjoyed the film and would give it a thumbs up.

Well yes, there's a load of mistakes, like when the TX has Kate on the ground and Arnie runs the TX over - he runs Kate over also! When the helicopter crushes the TX, it's been very badly rendered. The number on the plane changes when they land. There's loads...
Fri 29/08/03 at 23:39
Regular
"Plotting Your Demis"
Kiriyama wrote:
> LOTR blows goats anyway. T3 was a massive disappointment, and I too
> was surprised it was a 12A with all the "F##k you. F##king
> machine" in it (not three rapid successions, like some idiot,
> said).

LOTR doesn't "blow goats," I'm sure many would agree, I found the books and the films (well the first two) brilliant. Secondly, I'm not an idiot. You idiot. I posted this at 11.44pm, and having woken up early, I was tired, theres no need to call me an idiot because I wrote three instead of two.

About the Terminator (in T3) reforming with clothes (dagnab it), if you think about it, the film is riddled with lapses in attention to detail (such as how this extremely advanced machine can't manage to destroy a very old and obsolete version of itself, even though it was created to destroy Terminators). LOTR rules, with the exception of the comic relief scenes, I'd forgotten about Gimli burping, that one really made my blood boil.
Fri 29/08/03 at 21:19
Regular
One part of T3 I particularly liked was when Arnie appears. The intense heat from the time phere turned the sand into glass. Now THAT was cool.
Fri 29/08/03 at 18:41
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
And every time she has to reform her clothes are still there. Who cares about continuity, I want nudey.
Fri 29/08/03 at 18:07
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Anyway, back to Terminator. Did anyone else notice a few mistakes in the film like when Arnold gets the car keys from the mirror like John Connor teaches him in T2 but he is a different machine nad shouldn't know this.

Also, when they go back in time the spheres the time machine makes, creates a hole in the ground in the first 2 terminators but this doesn't happen in T3.

But I still enjoyed the film and would give it a thumbs up.
Fri 29/08/03 at 16:33
"Darth Vader 3442321"
RoJ wrote:

> You will be unsurprised to know that none of this is in the books.
> All added into the movie for comic relief.

Yup. Have read the LOTR a few times and I couldn't find ANY humour within! The only funny bits in the film are: Gandalf saying "follow your nose" in the mines of Moria and the bit where Gimli is boasting about how aware and alert he is when walking through Lorien. His "oh!" is a classic.
Fri 29/08/03 at 16:31
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Well they don't have Lancashire accents.

I was only reminded of how much these accents annoyed me when they were playing one of the films in "Sanity" (nay Our Price). Although they do stock Physical Graffiti and sell it for less than Amazon, so they're let off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.