GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Uefa best player awards....Is somebody blind at uefa?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 22:05
Regular
Ruud van Nistelrooy was named as the best striker in Europe by UEFA who also handed a historic fair play award to Celtic fans.

The Manchester United frontman was honoured at UEFA's European Football Awards in Monte Carlo after he finished top scorer in last season's Champions League with 12 goals.
Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon was named the best goalkeeper and the overall most valuable player, and Pavel Nedved from the same club picked up the award for the best midfielder.

Real Madrid's Brazilian full-back Roberto Carlos was named best defender, while AC Milan skipper Paolo Maldini was given the UEFA president's award in recognition of his 17-year career and for captaining the winning side last season - the first time the award has gone to a current player.

(football365.com)

Fairplay, nedved was easily the best midfielder last season, And Buffon and Van nistelrooy are fair enough to as they ae both matters of opinion, but which upper muppet gave roberto carlos the best defender award. I can (and if challenged will) name 3-5 better defenders from all the major leagues, the man is a really poor defender, he is undeniably skillful but doesn't defend that well and his contribution upfield is still highly over rated by people still dazzled by the free kick five yeas ago. It maybe the "real have to have an award" award, but this is just stupid canavaro, thuram, nesta were all in squads that reached the semi's and all played an outstanding part in there teams success, I'm getting pretty bored with carlos getting top defender awards when he is just skillful and doesn't do much, how he got in the world cup dream team is beyond me as his world cup was pretty awful to, he had one free kick and did nothing else. stupid.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:05
Regular
Ruud van Nistelrooy was named as the best striker in Europe by UEFA who also handed a historic fair play award to Celtic fans.

The Manchester United frontman was honoured at UEFA's European Football Awards in Monte Carlo after he finished top scorer in last season's Champions League with 12 goals.
Juventus' Gianluigi Buffon was named the best goalkeeper and the overall most valuable player, and Pavel Nedved from the same club picked up the award for the best midfielder.

Real Madrid's Brazilian full-back Roberto Carlos was named best defender, while AC Milan skipper Paolo Maldini was given the UEFA president's award in recognition of his 17-year career and for captaining the winning side last season - the first time the award has gone to a current player.

(football365.com)

Fairplay, nedved was easily the best midfielder last season, And Buffon and Van nistelrooy are fair enough to as they ae both matters of opinion, but which upper muppet gave roberto carlos the best defender award. I can (and if challenged will) name 3-5 better defenders from all the major leagues, the man is a really poor defender, he is undeniably skillful but doesn't defend that well and his contribution upfield is still highly over rated by people still dazzled by the free kick five yeas ago. It maybe the "real have to have an award" award, but this is just stupid canavaro, thuram, nesta were all in squads that reached the semi's and all played an outstanding part in there teams success, I'm getting pretty bored with carlos getting top defender awards when he is just skillful and doesn't do much, how he got in the world cup dream team is beyond me as his world cup was pretty awful to, he had one free kick and did nothing else. stupid.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:12
Regular
"The Red Shift"
van- yes
buffon- yes
buffon- possibly yes again
nedved- i dont think so
carlos- no
maldini- yes
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:16
Regular
nedved, easily he was immense last season everygame he played he was in charge, easily worthy of the award.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
from what i saw of the italian league, he wasnt all that great (and if he played in the champs league final he was pretty poor, cos i hardly noticed him). i thought that someone in england or spain deserved it.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Bring the beat back"
I'm not sure Pavel Nedved should have got best midfielder in the tournament but thats just my opinion. I agree with ruud getting the award as he deserved it after getting double figures and I agree with all the others except Carlos. He did play well some times but no way did he perform good enough to win the best defender award.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
carlos is my only problem. hes a good player, but not the best in europe, what about rio sol, or german defenders?
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:26
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
Nedved, Buffon, van Nistelrooy are yes.

Nedved because he's the best midfielder in the world, alongside Zinedine Zidane.

Buffon, because I don't think there's a better goalkeeper around right now, and he had one great season last year.

van Nistelrooy, just because of the way in which he scores so many goals and gets into positions so well. For me, Henry is a better player, but for an all-out striker, it's got to be van Nistelrooy.

Roberto Carlos isn't rubbish, he's just not a proper defender. He's not defensive. He's a wing-back, and an attacking one at that.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:27
Regular
in england better defenders:

campbell
Gallas
Ferdinand
Woodgate

just to name 4 straight of, there are at least ten more!

Germany:

Lucio
Metzelder

Italy:

canavaro
samuel
nesta

spain:

ayala
puyol

I could name at least 3 or four more for each league.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:29
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
Yeah, I totally disagree with Carlos as best defender. Surely, a good defender actually shows his ability at the back and not the front.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:34
Regular
"Ar-gen-tina!"
What a joke.

Canavora is easily the best defender in Europe if not the World.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.