GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't belong here anymore"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I don't fit in. I'm not clever enough to fit in with the intelligent ones among you in the life, but I'm not benal enough to fit in with the majority of users using the Chat forum.

I'm logged in here most of the time reading topics trying to find something to reply to, somsthing I have an opinon on, but I can go days without posting because 1. there often isn't anything I want to reply to, and 2. I feel that certain things are expected of me which prevent me from really airing my views on things. And I'm taken so much more seriously than I ever was before. I'm rarely serious about anything, so its a bit worrying in itself

There are also a few of you who will never take me seriously because I'm one of few females in a forum thats mostly populated by guys. I guess a lot of the things guys want to talk about when they get together is stuff that I can't really participate in.

I think the forums have gone down hill since the loss of the GAD for posting. A lot of the Users whom I used to spend my time disscusing things with have moved on. I have also wondered if things would be better for me if I could get my Purpleness back.

All in all, I wonder if it's time for me to move on, and accept that I don't really belong here anymore. But I seem to get drawn back here when I'm sat at work with nothing to do. And this is one of the few places left where I am me and not part of the Ros/Ogre entity.

I'm not sure what my pointis, but I don't feel worthy of being a notable here any more, and as much as I try to fit in, I can't help but feel like an outsider. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, and I'm fairly sure that your answer will be for me just to leave and not to cause a fuss about it.
Fri 29/08/03 at 03:29
Regular
"8==="
My advice is don't write off the forums just yet. It's the summer and the bored kids are spamming the place up. :)

Take a break and come back. I did and when I came back I found I was able to post again without finding the whole place a little dull.

Too much of a good thing turns into a bad thing.

Take a break.

Once the schools go back this place's 'average IQ per post' will go up again. :)
Fri 29/08/03 at 02:51
"I love yo... lamp."
You notice something? You got 3 notables all telling you to stay. that shows that at the very least they think your good enough. No one has yet told you to go away. Unless I missed a bit.

I often don't see topics that really interest me either, so occasionally I'll post one of my own. You do the same.

I agree with the comments made about the state of the forums now. But if I leave them what do I gain? I may be able to help get them to something I like if I stay.

So stay another day. We all love you. You can see that.
Fri 29/08/03 at 02:40
Regular
"cachoo"
Aww don't say that !

I am a huge admirer of everything you post! It may not mean a huge deal to you but I do enjoy everything you post. You are one of the people on these forums that actually keep me interested !

Please stay !
Fri 29/08/03 at 00:41
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> I've always thought that if you think something is missing from the
> world, then try and put it there yourself.

Man, that's deep. Did you think of that yourself?

*Gives Ros a hug and tells her to stick around*
Thu 28/08/03 at 23:58
Regular
"Selected"
Stay Rosalind, nothing is expected of you.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:49
Regular
I've never really noticed myself fitting in anywhere, but doesn't stop me from invading and generally being a pain in the Mars.

I've always thought that if you think something is missing from the world, then try and put it there yourself.
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:22
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Not intelligent enough?

You are studying a PhD!
Thu 28/08/03 at 22:13
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Nooooo, don't go, please don't go! Every thing seems to have been said that needs to be said but here is my tuppence worth anyway.

I originally felt something similar to this the first couple of weeks I was posting in Life. I used to feel queasy about posting any comments in case they were stupid or totally off track, don't really feel that now and you shouldn't either. I even felt that way about posting in FOG chat!

There is no way that you don't fit in here. As you mention you browse through things but not much grabs you enough to make a comment. Most often the topics posted these days on here seem to revolve around the war and politics, neither of which I will touch, or things that I have no opinion on / experience off so I haven't been in here that much either. Not sensibly anyway.

Although the forum is classed as intelligent discussion more often then not you don't need to be 'intelligent' to post in a topic that interests you. You just need to have an opinion (sorry), a similar story to relate, or a jokey comment to lighten the mood. The topics are thin on the ground at the moment but I'm hoping that will change

Sorry about the above waffling, I got broke off in the middle of posting so the concise sentence I had in mind wandered off to find some company.

No ones expectations of your posts has risen, except maybe your own, by that I mean - you cannot have changed that much in three months so your posts will be the same quality now as the type that originally got you voted in as a notable. I know, if only you could find something to post in :)

You belong, if it helps I promise not to take you seriously at all.
Thu 28/08/03 at 18:14
Regular
If part of the problem is being notable, being treated differently as a woman and feeling you should be living up to a particular intelligence, you know there is a way around it...

New account, non-gender-specific name, and if you ever don't feel'intelligent' enough to comment, don't.

Though for the record I get the impression that you absolutely are intelligent enough, and what's more, you're intelligent enough to be aware of your own limitations.

As for the pap topics, yeah, I know what you mean. However, there's nothing to say you can't just cut down your time here, skim past the bilge.
You don't have to stop altogether.

Then, I would say that, because I'd rather you were still around.
Thu 28/08/03 at 17:47
Regular
Kyz wrote:
> Can't you handle the responsibilities of being a notable Ros?

that's a bit of a daft remark.

What are you on about Ros? Sure, I haven't had chance to have a proper discussion with you during my time here, but I have always respected your opinions and enjoy reading your intelligent posts. You are worthy of being a notable, and my opinion of you hasn't changed since you got your wee coloured name (!)

I had noticed you weren't posting anywhere near as much as you used to, but I assumed that was work related, a change of schedule or something. We need to keep the level of intelligent posters up, otherwise we will all drown in a sea of spam and pointless rubbish.

Continue to post, and don't give a crap about what people may say, those who respect you will read and reply to your posts fairly and constructively. It ain't that bad on here ..... I Hope .....

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.