GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I don't belong here anymore"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/08/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I don't fit in. I'm not clever enough to fit in with the intelligent ones among you in the life, but I'm not benal enough to fit in with the majority of users using the Chat forum.

I'm logged in here most of the time reading topics trying to find something to reply to, somsthing I have an opinon on, but I can go days without posting because 1. there often isn't anything I want to reply to, and 2. I feel that certain things are expected of me which prevent me from really airing my views on things. And I'm taken so much more seriously than I ever was before. I'm rarely serious about anything, so its a bit worrying in itself

There are also a few of you who will never take me seriously because I'm one of few females in a forum thats mostly populated by guys. I guess a lot of the things guys want to talk about when they get together is stuff that I can't really participate in.

I think the forums have gone down hill since the loss of the GAD for posting. A lot of the Users whom I used to spend my time disscusing things with have moved on. I have also wondered if things would be better for me if I could get my Purpleness back.

All in all, I wonder if it's time for me to move on, and accept that I don't really belong here anymore. But I seem to get drawn back here when I'm sat at work with nothing to do. And this is one of the few places left where I am me and not part of the Ros/Ogre entity.

I'm not sure what my pointis, but I don't feel worthy of being a notable here any more, and as much as I try to fit in, I can't help but feel like an outsider. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, and I'm fairly sure that your answer will be for me just to leave and not to cause a fuss about it.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:10
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I don't fit in. I'm not clever enough to fit in with the intelligent ones among you in the life, but I'm not benal enough to fit in with the majority of users using the Chat forum.

I'm logged in here most of the time reading topics trying to find something to reply to, somsthing I have an opinon on, but I can go days without posting because 1. there often isn't anything I want to reply to, and 2. I feel that certain things are expected of me which prevent me from really airing my views on things. And I'm taken so much more seriously than I ever was before. I'm rarely serious about anything, so its a bit worrying in itself

There are also a few of you who will never take me seriously because I'm one of few females in a forum thats mostly populated by guys. I guess a lot of the things guys want to talk about when they get together is stuff that I can't really participate in.

I think the forums have gone down hill since the loss of the GAD for posting. A lot of the Users whom I used to spend my time disscusing things with have moved on. I have also wondered if things would be better for me if I could get my Purpleness back.

All in all, I wonder if it's time for me to move on, and accept that I don't really belong here anymore. But I seem to get drawn back here when I'm sat at work with nothing to do. And this is one of the few places left where I am me and not part of the Ros/Ogre entity.

I'm not sure what my pointis, but I don't feel worthy of being a notable here any more, and as much as I try to fit in, I can't help but feel like an outsider. I'm not even sure why I'm posting this, and I'm fairly sure that your answer will be for me just to leave and not to cause a fuss about it.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:12
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Start topics of your own, or just get involved in topics, regardless of whether you think you're intelligent or not.
Don't worry about what others will say, you need to remember that a vast majority of people are bluffing when it comes to "intelligent" posts.

I dont post that much recently either, finding it hard to find the will.
I still pop in when at work, inbetween other sites but I rarely bother when not 9-5.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:14
Regular
I agree with you that the forums aren't as good as they used to be. I may be thinking of leaving too, it just really doesn't suit me, this place.
Regular
"Hallelujah"
Join my goverment topic! now!
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Don't worry, I know exactly how you feel. There's a bit of a drought on the strange and bizarre at the moment, mostly being replaced by the deranged and retarded. I'm sure it'll pick up again soon, but until then it's reading and avoiding topics.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:18
Regular
"Hallelujah"
http://ukchatforums.reserve.co.uk/ display_messages.php?threadid=83702&forumid=423

ALL ARE WELCOME
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:20
I don't like these forums. Certain members (I won't name names), discourage actual discussion and go out of their way to belittle others.

But at the end of the day, there are few other forums with such a large and varied user base, where such a wide variety of topics are discussed.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:27
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have noticed a difference too. New members have joined, committed grosss acts of spamming in order to become regulars and then they irritate other decent regulars, discouraging them from from coming here by posting stupid topics and insulting people, yet they don't seem to get banned. I'm talking about people like jackus, vulgar annoying insulting spamming fools.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:31
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I agree. I think I made a point about this yesterday when I was in a red haze.
Thu 28/08/03 at 13:37
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Yeah, I agree. I think I made a point about this yesterday when I was
> in a red haze.

Yes, I read it in the Notable Election forum. It was well said.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.