GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Your top movie moments"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 24/08/03 at 22:45
Regular
Misery - After using a hair pin to unlock the door to the room Annie has lock him in. Paul is looking for a way to get out of that psycho's house.
He's slowly wheeling himself around and deeper into the house, not knowing that she is on her way back from town and could catch him out of his room.

This is like the most tense part of a movie I have ever seen, it's the first time a film has literally had me on the edge of my seat shouting at the tv.

Fantastic movie.

“The operation was called ‘hobbling’.”

So what are your top movie moments and why?
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:17
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Leon - When they are trying to get him out of his room. What a film!

The Usual Suspects - The end. Don't want to ruin it for anyone.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:21
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Falling Down - the scene in the burger bar:
>
> "Sorry Sir but we stopped serving breakfast at 11.30"
>
Amazing film. Bloody hilarious too. Might watch that today now you've mentioned it.
Tue 26/08/03 at 11:23
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I've seen Falling Down so many times now. I could quote any line of it.
Tue 26/08/03 at 19:23
Regular
Munson wrote:
> The end of the original Planet of the Apes.
>
> Charlton Heston sinks to his knees on the beach when he see's the
> statue of liberty sticking out of the sand and realises he has been
> on Earth all along.
>
> Much better than the poor Wahlberg remake.
You forgot to mention the bit where he sings.."Oh my God, I was wrong, it was Earth. All along. You've finally made a monkey out of me"
Tue 26/08/03 at 19:37
Regular
Unbeliever wrote:
> Falling Down - the scene in the burger bar:
>
> "Sorry Sir but we stopped serving breakfast at 11.30"

Is that the one where he's on his way home for his daughters birthday?

"You know how to work this thing kid?"
"Yeah, just do this, this, and then push this"
"Thanks"
*Fires rocket at bridge*
"I'm filming a movie"

Or something along those lines.
Tue 26/08/03 at 19:42
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Two memorable ones for me,

Navy Seals - old 80's film with Charlie Sheen in - the crew of a downed helicopter is being held in a building, all tied up to chairs. Terrorists come in, say they're going to kill them, guy raises the weapon to fire the first shot, and the Seal team breaks in through the windows and skylight with a terrific momentum, all but one bad guy goes down instantly in a hail of suppressed fire.

Lord Of The Rings - Fellowship Of The Ring - Bilbo's fareweel speech at the party.

And, just to be different, my favourite tv series moment;

West Wing, last episode of Season 2 "Two Cathedrals" - the president sits alone in the oval office just minutes from having to face the media about hiding his MS disease, and up until this point it's been a certain thing he will not run again. The door blows open, there's a storm outside, and he shouts for his secretary who he has known since being a boy - except she died earlier that week in a car crash. He realises she is dead, before turning to see her, she chastises him for letting her death be his excuse to curse god, and that he only will not run for the presidency again because he fears losing...the camera cuts to a different angle and we see he is talking to no one but himself when replying to her. He leaves the room to go to the press conference with his staff, changed.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:53
Regular
"thegodfather"
Mystique wrote:
> Munson wrote:
> The end of the original Planet of the Apes.
>
> Charlton Heston sinks to his knees on the beach when he see's the
> statue of liberty sticking out of the sand and realises he has been
> on Earth all along.
>
> Much better than the poor Wahlberg remake.
> ****
> You forgot to mention the bit where he sings.."Oh my God, I was
> wrong, it was Earth. All along. You've finally made a monkey out of
> me"

One of the funniest Simpson bits ever, along with Dr Zeus, Dr Zeus.
Wed 27/08/03 at 19:56
Regular
Italian Job- the ending, it's brilliant. When they are hanging off the cliff and Charlie goes foward to try and save the gold, then the film finishes.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:06
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
From the lobby scene to the chopper crash in the original Matrix. Best 25 minutes of cinema I ever saw.
Wed 27/08/03 at 20:36
Regular
Well, if we're doing TV moments, I feel compelled to recall my top Buffy moment.

End of Season 2, episode called Becoming. Halfway through the season Angel has lost his soul, reverted to being a scary evil Republican vampire called Angelus. This was as the result of sex with Buffy. She spends half the season coping with the fact that just because she was horny many many Sunndydale residents are becoming food.

Then, she realises that she could always kill him, being a vampire slayer and all. Brilliant idea, say the rest of the Scooby Gang. But Willow, the clever little witch that she is, discovers Jenny's (the teacher who was in love with Giles, coming from the same gypsy family that cursed Angelus originally. Angelus killed her when she rediscovered the curse, Giles cried a bit and tried to go Rambo, but failed) computer notes and tries to work the curse. Buffy, unknowing of this and pretty browned off because Drucilla has just killed her Slayer galpal, Kendra, goes to kill Angelus before he can destroy the world by awakening Acathla, an ancient demon. To do this, he has kidnapped Giles. Willow sends Xander (who has long been jealous of Angel & Buffy, but also has a girltoy, Cordelia, and has just told Willow he loves her when she was in a coma. She has loved him since childhood, but when she hears this in her coma she wakes up and the first person she asks for is her boyfriend, Oz, who's also a werwolf by the by - Sound anything like Dawsons? Thought so) to tell Buffy that she's trying to restore her souled-up boyfriend. But Xander, the wag, doesn't. He just hits a few vampires with his arm-cast and saves Giles.

Following? Good, because I'm just arriving at the memorable bit.

Buffy fights Angelus, knocking the sword from his hand, and is just about the kill him when Willow's spell works. Angel is back, and Buffy realises this. But he's already awoken Acathla, and by a wacky Dawsons-like turn of fate, only Angel's blood can send him to sleep again. Angel is all fuzzy memoried, so Buffy, crying like a baby-girl, kisses him and kills him - he being the man she loves.

Then she gets more weepy and leaves town because her mum discovers she's a Slayer and tells her she's not to do it anymore, go and do your homework you bad bad girl. No tea for you.

Everyone sufficiently bored? Eeexcellent. You know more about Buffy. Thank you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.