GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Gran Turismo 3 - playable demo"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 22/02/01 at 18:48
Regular
The latest issue of Official PS2 magazine has a PLAYABLE demo of GT3 on the coverdisc.

Don't just sit there - go and buy it!
Thu 22/02/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Whatever!"
Oh - my - God !!! Thats all I need to know before I place a pre-order down for a copy as soon as I get the chance!! It sounds almost too good to be a video game!! Cannot wait to get the playable demo - for the past week I have been hooked watching the preview footage from PSW demo DVD and still I cant believe how a game can look this perfect!! I want it!!
Fri 23/02/01 at 10:42
Hey guys if this is kosher I reckon the March issue of OPSM2 is gonna be rare as rocking-horse sh*t!

There'll be loads of magazines on the shelves with the polythene bag ripped open and the disc removed.....

Fri 23/02/01 at 11:09
Regular
"Complete Banker"
I think the magazine's out next wednesday and I can't wait - I want to play GT3 NOW!!!!!!!
Fri 23/02/01 at 12:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Another Gran Turismo game?? When will Sony learn. Yes it is a good game, with loads of cars, but do you ever use 2/3rds of them? No. The graphics on the PSX were shocking. This game just has better grpahics, and serves to reinforce the sequel reputation that Sony currently has.
Fri 23/02/01 at 12:42
graphics on the psx were....shocking? compared to what other racing game on the psx?

I'm not sure what you're getting at......

Sequel reliance can be a bad thing; but when it's a killer app like gt3 or mgs2......maybe that's acceptable....

Also, although 600+ cars in gt3 may seem excessive...first of all it allows for players to develop their enjoyment of the game in their own way....finding little gems amongst the dross, you might say....and, in fact, gt3 only has about 150 cars.....I don't think that's too many. where it falls down is when you have 30 different types of Nissan Skyline, for example. Being in the UK I really would welcome more second-hand european cars, not just japanese ones....

anyway....the demo (and the game) will be awesome....
Fri 23/02/01 at 17:04
the best the ps2 has to offer?a 150 second demo?
and you guys are doing the 5 knuckle shuffle over it?
shame on you.j/k!
Fri 23/02/01 at 18:23
"High polygon count"
> Another Gran Turismo game??

You mean you didn't know? What planet have you been on for the last year? Obviously not one in this solar system!
Fri 23/02/01 at 18:24
"High polygon count"
> the best the ps2 has to offer?a 150 second demo?

Not the demo, the game!
Fri 23/02/01 at 20:23
Regular
I never knew a review of a demo could be better than a review for a game itself...

Let the Wookiee win...

Oh. He did.

Well done.

:D
Fri 23/02/01 at 20:29
Regular
Well Done Wookiee!!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.