GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What A Line-Up!"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/08/03 at 21:31
Regular
Just been looking over the Christmas release schedule, and I have to say, the festive season does look the one to be jolly for 'Cube owners this year. In my opinion, quite easily the best Xmas exclusive line-up out of the three consoles and I don't think many can argue with that. In fact, with an intelligent price-cut and some decent bundle deals, Nintendo could "win" the Christmas sales over here in Europe; sailing past Microsoft and perhaps even Sony. Take a look at what's to come (I've picked out the highlights);

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

Product Number 03
Xtreme G Racing Association
WWE X9
True Crime: Streets of LA
Soul Calibur II

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Viewtiful Joe
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
F-Zero GX
Star Wars Rogue Squadron III: Rebel Strike
Beyond Good & Evil
Medal of Honour: Rising Sun
Prince of Persia
Tom Clancey's Rainbow Six: Raven Shield
XIII
Tiger Woods 2004
James Bond: Everything or Nothing
Mario Kart: Double Dash
Pikmin 2
Tony Hawk Underground

DECEMBER

1080 Avalanche
FIFA 2004
Metal Gear Solid
Pokemon Colosseum
Phantasy Star Online III
Return of the King
Sonic Heroes
SSX 3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Bit of a duff topic, I know, but things haven't exactly been very interesting in here lately, have they? Anyway.. I reckon things look really good for GameCube on paper - everything now relies on those release dates holding strong, and a good strategy from Nintendo. So, what are you guys looking forward to? And what are your predictions for the GameCube this Christmas?
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:18
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I'm actually glad POP, BG&E and Raven Shield are coming later.

Means I can actually save for some of the other quality games.

XBox seems to have its main strength next year, so Cube should (and has to) capitalise on this this Christmas.

Although I'm sure it won't. Stupid people. Although I'll be enjoying some damn brilliant games to be sure.
Wed 20/08/03 at 21:12
Regular
Check cube-europe for an official word from Nintendo:

http://www.cube-europe.com/news.php?nid=5210

From what's written there, it looks like they really do realise that they've got a great Christmas on their hands. So I expect we'll see some good advertising this year.

A price cut, however, now seems unlikely. Why cut it when they could shift units with a great line-up? Well, for one, they could sell tonnes of Cube's and get a real upper hand on Microsoft. But when has that ever been Nintendo's strategy?
Tue 19/08/03 at 20:59
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Rickoss wrote:
>
> But I don't care, as long as I get some great games I don't care how
> well the Cube sells.

Ditto. I hate it when I see Xbox fans (usually from my experience) getting so worked up about how they love the Xbox and how its going to beat PS2 and GC. I just want to play Nintendo games and have a good time, I dont want to argue about why its better like some fanboys seem to.
Tue 19/08/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Long time no see!"
There are quite a few games in there that I'm interested to see more of, but only a few that I'll actually be interested in buying, as soon as they are released...

Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life

Viewtiful Joe
F-Zero GX
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!

1080 Avalanche

And now that I've found an on-line retailer selling (Australian) PAL version of Skies of Arcadia Legends, I should be pretty much "set" for the rest of the year.

But I haven't really "properly" played a game in ages.
...Aside from the occasional friendly in Winning Eleven.

To put it simply, I'm bored and fed-up with gaming.
I will be buying Skies of Arcadia soon, but really, I'm not all that interested in it - or any game - anymore, like I was before.

Nope, not even Mario Kart or Viewtiful Joe!
Tue 19/08/03 at 11:09
Regular
"^_^"
Probably about 5 games in there worth buying....
Tue 19/08/03 at 09:16
Regular
Last year the GameCube didn't really have any killer titles though; FF:CC should attract a fair few PS2 fans, along with Mario Kart. F-Zero will probably end up more of a fan game, seeing as it's not half as well known as the Mario Kart or Final Fantasy series.

But I don't care, as long as I get some great games I don't care how well the Cube sells.
Tue 19/08/03 at 01:05
Regular
Dringo wrote:
> Added with a price cut and the Cube would storm the christmas charts.

That's what we were hoping last year, I won't believe it till I see it.
Tue 19/08/03 at 01:01
Regular
Blank wrote:
> Maverick42 wrote:
> Blank wrote:
> Wow, all those games this year.....and more than half of them multi
> format, too! The Cube really will be the best!
>
> As well as taking a healthy mixture of first, second and third party
> software to sell a console, the GameCube actually has the most
> exclusives out of all three consoles in this year's Christmas
> line-up.
>
> So you're wrong.
>
> Jesus Christ, here we go again. Read what I said - "more than
> half of them are multi format". More than half ARE NOT GC
> EXCLUSIVE. So how am I wrong?
>
> And I only made that point because what you seemed to be saying was
> "GameCube's looking the best this Christmas". If you're
> making a comparison to other consoles, there's no point putting in
> multi format games because they just get cancelled out.

Got a good point there mate. But It was a simple list of games that would prove the Christmas line-up for the Gamecube fan is good.

In comparison to other formats it is also superb, with no GTA Sony are relying on new temporary aquistions Prince of Persia and Beyond Good and Evil to sell their system whilst Microsoft are missing their big hitters.

Added with a price cut and the Cube would storm the christmas charts.
Tue 19/08/03 at 00:55
Regular
Maverick42 wrote:

> While I preferred Road Rage to Crazy Taxi, I still didn't think it
> any more than an average game. This is the sequel, isn't it? What
> makes it so special?

GTA Springfield. Fully explorable Springfield and the chance to kick the crap out of Rod and Tod Flanders. Need I say more?

Even the haters of Simpsons games in the States are coming round ot its charm, apparently it's a lot better than you'd expect.
Tue 19/08/03 at 00:02
Regular
"Sal Paradise"
Icarus wrote:
> But it's only a month to go until SC2!!

But it could get pushed back. And me and my mates are having a big gaming tournament on like the 1st-4th of Sept before we go back to school so i want both games there for that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.