GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SCREW the V festival, only 4 days till READING."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/08/03 at 13:16
Regular
ONLY 4 DAMN DAYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Poison the Well, Blink, FINCH, SOAD, Alkaline Trio, Thrice, Funeral For a Friend.

GAHAHAAAA. Some of the best damn names around for me.

For those of you that haven't been before, then you can't understand how excited I am.

Anyone else REALLY looking forward to the best damn Festival EVER ? (in my opinion).
Mon 18/08/03 at 09:34
Staff Moderator
"may catch fire"
Yup, I can't wait. About the first thing I do when I get back to work after New Year's Day is book my time off around the Bank Holiday weekend.

I've been to most of the Reading weekends since Nirvana headlined in '92. Usually, with a three day ticket or just turning up at the campsite with mates for the weekend, blagging our way into the arena whenever possible. Very rarely did I even bother putting up my tent, normally being content to just pass out drunk on the ground in good weather, or to just wander round the campsites, meeting people til I found somewhere I fancied crashing.

But now I'm getting old. I've just got a day ticket, and I've got a hotel booked in Reading for that night so I can have a shower and a nice clean bed. I'm a disgrace to the festival really. But hey, I am 27 now.

I'll be there for the Saturday this year and, apart from quick dashes to the beer stands, I'll be at the Concrete Jungle stage for the duration :)
Mon 18/08/03 at 09:41
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
The Trusthouse Forte is a superb idea.
I did that the following year. Sure I got mocked by mates but I stayed in the arena until they staggered to their tents.
I staggered to my hotel room, threw up in a nice clean sink and had a shower.
By the 2nd night they were begging to stay there with me.
I said no.
Mon 18/08/03 at 10:47
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
I'm gonna be at the Concrete jungle too hopefully all day on Sat. And for those of you that are saying festivals are crap and the music quality is poor then I understand and accept your opinion BUT the reason you're saying that is because you can't be HUGE fans of music.

I'd wait 5 hours in the freezing rain just to meet Finch, I know thats kind of in different context but if you really loved a particular band THAT much then you wouldn't care about smelly mongs or Anything like that
Mon 18/08/03 at 11:42
"Uzi Lover"
Poison The Well *thumbs up*

Well, the older Poison The Well.
Mon 18/08/03 at 12:56
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
yeah, Pieces of you in me kicked ass.
Mon 18/08/03 at 12:57
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
*' Pieces Of You In Me '*
Tue 19/08/03 at 00:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Were going down on the thursday. One big group of smelly mongs. I plan on going into town at least once to visit the nice showers in the leisure centre.

You can stuff being stinky and sweaty for four days.

Oh and I can see the concrete jungle stage being quite rammed on the Saturday.
Tue 19/08/03 at 11:04
Regular
"bing bang bong"
I had tickets for Reading, but the White Stripes pulled out so I sold them for a fat profit. Reading will never be as good as Glastonbury, not in a million years.
Tue 19/08/03 at 12:49
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Why do people have V so much? It's because it's in Chelmsford, isn't it!? :0(
Tue 19/08/03 at 12:57
Regular
"keep your receipt"
V2k3 sucked monkey butts. The only reasons to go were the Chili Peppers and Coldplay.

Please Offspring be at Reading!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.