GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"SCREW the V festival, only 4 days till READING."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/08/03 at 13:16
Regular
ONLY 4 DAMN DAYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Poison the Well, Blink, FINCH, SOAD, Alkaline Trio, Thrice, Funeral For a Friend.

GAHAHAAAA. Some of the best damn names around for me.

For those of you that haven't been before, then you can't understand how excited I am.

Anyone else REALLY looking forward to the best damn Festival EVER ? (in my opinion).
Sun 17/08/03 at 13:16
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
ONLY 4 DAMN DAYS. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Poison the Well, Blink, FINCH, SOAD, Alkaline Trio, Thrice, Funeral For a Friend.

GAHAHAAAA. Some of the best damn names around for me.

For those of you that haven't been before, then you can't understand how excited I am.

Anyone else REALLY looking forward to the best damn Festival EVER ? (in my opinion).
Sun 17/08/03 at 14:11
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
I looked at this years lineup and saw only one day that looked worth going for. And I'm not faffing about with getting to Reading for one day while they're munting about with the trains.
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:09
Regular
"keep your receipt"
Reading is gonna rock my world, literally. Gonna spend all Saturday at the concrete jungle stage. With a bit of luck Offspring will be on Sunday too.
Sun 17/08/03 at 15:24
Regular
"8==="
Screw festivals fullstop. Live music is usually poor with only very few exceptions.

You won't catch me getting ripped off and sitting in a field/getting crushed by a load of smelly mongs.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:05
Regular
" ban the Taliban"
lol, very ignorant.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:07
Regular
"8==="
I think you'll find it was simplified but perceptive.

Been there. Done that. Wouldn't recommend it.
Sun 17/08/03 at 16:18
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
Found out my festival-going-hat. Bought a new blanket. Getting myself ready to atempt getting my tent back into it's case. I'm getting excited now.

What day's are most people going up? I was going to on the Wednesday but now it seems it will be Thursday as all but 3 of us have got three day passes as weekend ones were sold out and are worried about getting in to camping area. I don't mind though as I was one of the three to buy before they sold out.
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:29
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Festival music isn't as good as gig music. You're miles away from any band on the main stages, the sound quality is normally quite poor and if you want to be near the front for an act, you have to put up with the freaks who stand there all day and p|ss on the people in front of them rather than move. Then, the bands come on and play a shortened set which generally includes their more famous music rather than their better music as they want to appeal to the wider audience who are present. And you have to pay a damned fortune for a pint an something to eat.

People talk about the great atmosphere you get at festivals, but if I wanted to be surrounded by wasted junkies who barely know where they are and 13 year old delinquents who think they're cool in their slipknot hoodies when it's 30 degrees, I'd go to the local comprehensive.
Mon 18/08/03 at 01:31
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> Screw festivals fullstop. Live music is usually poor with only very
> few exceptions.
>
> You won't catch me getting ripped off and sitting in a field/getting
> crushed by a load of smelly mongs.

Lol true i dont like the kind of music htey play though dont the V festival have David Gray etc? Ugh
Mon 18/08/03 at 09:10
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I went to Reading waaaaay back.
I remember Bjork headlining one day. Other bands I remember seeing:

Soundgarden (awful, miserable people)
White Zombie (excellent)
Neil Young
Hole

The rest passed me by in an alcoholic daze. I remember being scared to eat in case I needed a crap and no way was I using those chemical things.
It was alright, recommend doing a festival at least once.
Don't recommend shagging on the Friday night though, no showers.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.