GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Donnie Darko"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/08/03 at 10:24
Regular
I recall there was another thread on this film but started a new one anyway.

One of the strangest but refreshingly original films I've seen in a long time. Very thought provoking.

Anyone else seen it? And what is that tune called at the end of the film, it's superb.
Sat 23/08/03 at 22:20
Regular
"Ghost Mutt"
Goatboy wrote:
> NFT = National Film Theatre.

I go there. Went there. To see Sunset Boulevard. And meet Alan Parker. Woooo!
Sat 23/08/03 at 02:45
Regular
enjoyed it more the second time. understand it almost completely now, although some aspects still elude me.
Sat 23/08/03 at 00:52
Regular
gonna watch this again now. maybe it'll make more sense when I'm stone cold sober as opposed to drunk and wrecked. maybe
Mon 18/08/03 at 15:59
Regular
"The Red Shift"
i dont know what a spacker is, but the short guy with the cigar was just annoying and the main guy just didnt appeal to me. i only liked one episode- the one where the radio station is going to be knocked down or something. the woman was good in that and i have a soft spot for chubby checker.
Mon 18/08/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
NFT = National Film Theatre.
South Bank arthouse refuge were people in berets and black roll-necks watch black and white films about Russians and drone on and on about mis en scene/editing technique and instantly sneer at anything in colour or from Hollywood.
They also like any old donkeyballs if it's got a twist and Tangerine Dream on the soundtrack.

And I am not a spakker. Donnie Darko was really,really dull.
Even to the point where a character says "Deux et machina".
Duh....really? Thanks for pointing that out Captain Oblique.
To hint and discuss time travel, to have a character write a pamphlet on it and have it figure in the plot as a McGuffin of the highest order is not clever, it's lazy scripting if you suddenly pull alternate reality out of your ass.

But Patrick Swayze was good. He's better in Roadhouse though
Mon 18/08/03 at 15:50
Regular
"Cardboard Tube Ninj"
Quantum leap was superb. You're clearly just a spacker.
Mon 18/08/03 at 15:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
quantum leap was so unfunny it made me frown and turn over. it was very bad.

again whats NTF?
Mon 18/08/03 at 14:22
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
NFT?
Mon 18/08/03 at 13:01
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Quantum Leap for NFT ponces.
Sun 17/08/03 at 20:37
Regular
"118 118"
one*

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.