GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"NOTABLE EVICTION"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/08/03 at 20:38
Regular
Just an idea. But how about every 3 months we eliminate a notable who really is

1) Not here very much
2) Not posting well

Having been here for almost 100 days I can say who I've seen and not seen in the time I've been here (apologies if you have been here and I say you haven't, I just didn't notice you):

FantasyMeister - Who?
Grix Thraves - Seen a fair bit of
Meka_Dragon - Seen a few posts
Sniper - Seen a few posts
Ant - Yup he's here a lot
er-no - Here a lot
SHEEPY - Here a lot
pb - Seen a fair bit of
Wookiee Monster - Unless he's now wookie man then it a 'who?'
Goatboy - Rings a bell ;)
RastaBillySkank - Has been around
Your Honour - Seen about 10 posts.
Pro Evo - Who?
SonicRav - Who?
Edgy - Here a lot
AfroJoe - Here a lot
Rosalind - Becamea notable then all but disappeared

So should we round it down to 15 notables then?

VOTING:

Everyone gets 2 votes this time round. And you must put the reasons why you voted for them.

I also propose in the future we vote to get rid of a notable when we make a new one.

Anyone who wants to lose their wee colour can campaign if they want.
Tue 12/08/03 at 11:33
"Darkness, always"
Given that I don't even appear on the notable list any more, I can only assume I'm up for the chop anyway.
Tue 12/08/03 at 10:52
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> I think keeping a maximum limit of 15 notables would be a good idea.
>
> It makes being a notable more meaningful.

Sure, it may be nice on the day to be voted the most popular member of the boards, but if you think it actually keeps any meaning after a few days, I'm sure you'd be suprised if I said it doesn't.

I'm not saying I want me status removed, but I'd hardly call it anything meaningful - it's just a different coloured name on an internet web board.
Tue 12/08/03 at 09:19
Regular
"The Red Shift"
tigamilla wrote:
> Clazon wrote:
> thats because the posters arent as good
>
> *Gasp!! How could you say such a terrible thing??

proove me wrong. again, i did say this may be my whacky perception.

> i used to love the complicated, philosophical, insightful convos in
> the life forum. <-- *runs away very fast
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><--speed
> lines

why?

> youre lucky to get one a week now.
>
> You should read my posts for modern philosophical debate and
> discussion...

oh thoooose threds. no. you havent started any tig.

and another notable comes in to save their ass...

the forums have gotten worse over the time ive been here, but i wont moan....
Tue 12/08/03 at 09:19
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
I am going to have to agree with MJswerve, people do have more important things to do other then spend all there time on here.

Other then that they might not want to reply to many of the topics as alot of them are pointless in one way or another. If people started doing decent posts then maybe it would get used more. Yes we can have the odd wierd and wonderful post to ammuse us all, but once one person does one others feel need to do the same, and it begins to fill the boards with rubbish
Tue 12/08/03 at 09:12
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Rosalind wrote:
> I've been on holiday from work for the past week

Is there any other kind? ;)
Tue 12/08/03 at 09:05
Regular
"Orbiting Uranus"
I didn't dissapear. I've been on holiday from work for the past week and will be for the next, but apart from that and another 2 week break I took shortly after being elected, I've been around, even if I haven't always been posting, I've been reading posts. There just don't seem to be so many things that I want to reply to anymore.
Tue 12/08/03 at 08:30
Regular
This idea should be burnt, what gives you the right to suggest that people should have a status THEY earnt removed? Fine, perhaps they dont spend ungodly hours posting on the site anymore. I mean big deal, its not like they have lifes or anything. Why arent they posting hundreds of posts a week, I mean they should be surely? Wrong.

So what if they dont find the forums appealing anymore, perhaps they just cant be bothered spending time here? Its not their duty to hold the fort and make sure its interesting, thats what every single member should try and do. If they dont then it will just turn into a place where mindless drivel is posted day in day out, but it seems its a bit late for that at the moment.

Every single name on that list is there for a reason, be it humour they bring, interesting game related posts or simply a great personality that ensured many people enjoyed what they posted. They all deserved it, perhaps now they arent notable worthy, but when they were voted they were and people should recognise that.

Think thats enough for now, should be working.
Tue 12/08/03 at 03:47
Regular
Yah. I started the site a few hours ago. Just uploading to get opinions on the design etc. Which *I* think looks cool. ;c)

Seriously, what do you thing of the design? And, have you watched any of the videos?
Tue 12/08/03 at 03:33
Oh....lol.... but there should be from the main site, considering the title headings are there.
Tue 12/08/03 at 03:31
Regular
SomethingMedia.co.uk wrote:
> www.harperhotel.staghost.com/dx.wmv (Custom Entrance Video)
> www.harperhotel.staghost.com/hurricanedesire.wmv (Custom WWE Desire
> Video)
> www.harperhotel.staghost.com/raw.wmv (Custom Show Video)
>
> The Hurricane one is probably the best.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.