GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Still Spraying Stuff"

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/08/03 at 16:51
Regular
Did I learn my lesson after the whole memory card fiasco? I don't know yet, that's where you come in.

I was thinking about spraying up a console, like I did with the blube, and selling it on ebay.

The advantages - it should look better quality as the memory cards did, and will all be one colour (so no un-neat lines between colours).

The disadvantages - It might not appeal to anyone, and it might still come across as not upto quality standards (although it would be).

So, should I throw good money after bad, buy a new (or 2nd hand) cube, spray and sell?
Or should I just quit while I'm only a little bit behind?

Also:

Would you be willing to buy a coloured cube? What colour? How much?

Would I do better to offer a service where they send me their cube, and I fit the coloured casing then send the cube back to them?
How much would you pay for this?
Tue 12/08/03 at 12:27
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
You could get people to email you with ideas then reproduce them onto a cube.

what about a broken cube (i.e that has a good case but is nakered inside or something), that way if you made a mess of it, it wouldn't matter as much!
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:26
Regular
Wow, those things look the nuts!

I guess I've been nudged out of the market by superior products...
Maybe they wouldn't be *as* great, or give as good a finish, as a good paint job, but for the price, lovely.

Might have a go at some kind of novelty box mod, something more abitious. Just for personal kicks, mind.
But not until I can afford to risk breaking a console.
Mon 11/08/03 at 15:06
Regular
"aka 'SLIM'"
Dr Duck wrote:

> So, should I throw good money after bad, buy a new (or 2nd hand)
> cube, spray and sell?
> Or should I just quit while I'm only a little bit behind?

See how the sprayed cube does on Ebay, if it sells for slightly more than a cube that hadn't been sprayed then carry on!

> Also:
>
> Would you be willing to buy a coloured cube? What colour? How much?

I think you'd be better spraying other peoples cube, you could buy a second hand cube, spray it yet not sel it. Where as if you sprayed other peoples cubes you have less risk of losing money!

> Would I do better to offer a service where they send me their cube,
> and I fit the coloured casing then send the cube back to them?

Yes, it would be cheaper for you as you would only have to pay for the spray and any other tools you were using (by the way what spray do you use?)

> How much would you pay for this?

If the spray job looked authentic and really good £10 - £20
Sun 10/08/03 at 13:38
Regular
nice one tom.
Sun 10/08/03 at 13:16
Regular
"the burning sky"
If you are looking for the skins - check out
http://www.gameconsoleskins.com/
My favourite for gamecube is the copper one, what do you think? I am not really bothered that it wont match my controllers as they are both different colors anyway. BTW they also do Xbox and PS2 (the dreaded "P" word in this forum?) aswell...
Sun 10/08/03 at 12:57
Regular
"the burning sky"
I'd like to be able to change the color everynow and then, plus it would stop my PS2 owning mate from moaning about the cube, when i showed him the platinum one in sr's mag he loved it.
Sun 10/08/03 at 12:53
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
I'm gonna keep my cube purple - Im proud of what it is.
Sun 10/08/03 at 12:49
Regular
"the burning sky"
Have you got any tips on how to paint your own console, or would you recommend those transfer things? I might buy that chrome one, but i am not paying £15 for it, perhaps £8 or something.
Sun 10/08/03 at 11:46
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
]-[ØM€® B€€® §ØL!!D wrote:
> Do you know where to find them, cus i have had a look on Ebay, but to
> no avail...

One £15 one here http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ViewItem&item=3038750089&category=20389 (space next to ?)

Admittedly I'm having trouble finding more, but earlier in the week when I was scouting out GC prices there were a few on so they've probably osld by now, Monday morning is best time to look for new listed items.
Sun 10/08/03 at 10:38
Regular
"Booze monkeys!"
Here's an idea:
Paint the Gc's casing a dull white (and the controller).
And but a swirl of that blue neon light stuff like on that Xbox around the so-called nameplate on the top of the Gc.
And there you have a fancy dreamcast look-a-like Gc
Sit back and enjoy PSO more than usual.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.