GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Why? It's FAKE!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 09/08/03 at 15:26
Regular
FAKE FAKE FAKE!

FAKE!!
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:36
Regular
klasovdan_1 LOVES WRESTLING. HE JUST DONT WANT TO ADMITT IT.....
Sat 23/08/03 at 14:43
Regular
"bWo > You"
I thought Cong Man was probably tired of dismissing these ill thought-out cries of wrestling being ‘fake’, so I’m going to have a shot.

The first point I’d like to make is that I would like to see MY BRICK or whoever else calls wrestling ‘fake’ to fake being launched into the air and landing on their back. Or to fall from a scaffold – can you fake that? If so, I think the industry could do with you, it could be revolutionary.

Yes, the results are predetermined. There’s no denying it. The winner knows he is going to win, and the loser knows he is going to lose. But this, my friends, as AJ so rightly pointed out, is sports entertainment. Not necessarily a sport. You could forgive those who do not speak English for possibly confusing the two, but otherwise, it’s plain for all to see. Professional wrestling has never called itself a ‘sport’, and I dare say that it will never do so. But wrestlers only having to ‘look in shape’? Please, do us all a favour and find out fit a wrestler has to be. Could you manage 25 minutes of being thrown around, throwing other people around, being hit, running and bouncing off steel cables? You talk about stamina? You clearly have no idea.

Sportsmen do indeed compete to win – but wrestlers are not total sportsmen, are they? Do you see David Beckham cutting promos, or Dwain Chambers sneak attacking Mark Lewis-Francis? These guys have to act, be fit, get over with the crowd, the whole package – they are not totally sportsmen, they are much more than that.

And why are results predetermined? Because otherwise, it would lose its storyline potential, and that is another reason for watching it. I can get my fix of sports action for just about anything else, but wrestling caters of that bit of me that wants something behind the action – it makes it much more interesting. But that still doesn’t explain how it makes it ‘fake’. ‘Fake’ would imply that everything was an illusion – sorry, lads, that’s just wrong. Punches may be pulled, but you just don’t fake falling through a table. Come back with some form of evidence, should any exist, that says that professional wrestling actually is ‘fake’, or just shut up.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:04
Regular
"who wrote that?"
LL Cool ver T.2d wrote:
> And why are results predetermined? Because otherwise, it would lose its storyline potential

you have just admited that it is a story, not real i.e fake

i don't have an objection with people who watch or enjoy wrestling i am just proving a point that it is fake which is what this topic is about. Just like i don't dislike people who watch soap and other story based entertainment

i am not saying that they don't train hard or they would be in the physical state they are. sportsmen train to be others and to be the best in there field. wrestlers train in there showman skills so that the audience will love them so that they can be succesful
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:08
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
klasovdan_1 wrote:
> you have just admited that it is a story, not real i.e fake

---

Of course we have, and if you look through the thread, so has everyone that is posted. We know it's fake, but it's entertainment, and that is why we watch it.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:09
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
But you are generalising. You are stating that ALL of wrestling is fake but apart from the storylines, nothing is fake.

Also, wrestling is part of the Olympics and they only accept 'sports' in the Olympics and their results are not predetermined. If the storylines and angles were there, WWE could be termed a sport.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:10
Regular
"you've got a beard"
klasovdan_1 wrote:
> AfroJoe wrote:
> And they are sportsmen. They are athletes. You try and do some of the
> stuff they do.
>
> how many sportsmen know the result of the match before they start the
> game!

...bruce gobbelaar?
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:10
Regular
"Too Orangy For Crow"
I mean 'weren't there'.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:11
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
klasovdan_1 wrote:

> i am just proving a point that it is fake which is what this topic is
> about.

You're about 10-20 years too late then, it was proved and exposed ages ago. However while the results are pre-determined the bumps that the wrestlers take certainly aren't fake. Like JR once said:

*Where in the hell do you learn how to fall off a 20 foot ladder?*
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:14
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Grandprix wrote:
> But you are generalising. You are stating that ALL of wrestling is
> fake but apart from the storylines, nothing is fake.
>
> Also, wrestling is part of the Olympics and they only accept 'sports'
> in the Olympics and their results are not predetermined.

that's diiferent though dude, that's MAT wrestling. it's entirely different, that's all about holds and technical skill... it's a lot closer to the origins of wrestling

> If the storylines and angles were there, WWE could be termed a sport.

hmmm... possibly, but without the stories, angles and commentary, none of the moves would have names (given that moves get relevant names for their characters.. so no characters means no move names) and then it'd just be a bunch of blokes getting oily and dropping each other a lot.

wreslting IS fake in the same way as movie stunts are. these guys have to do shows 4 nights a week so if it was real then they'd all be permenantly injured. but to say they're not athletes it ridiculous becasue they are... but they're also actors.
Sat 23/08/03 at 15:21
Regular
"sdomehtongng"
It's not actually different. No-one has specified what type of wrestling we're actually talking about.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.