GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's important to you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/03 at 18:31
Regular
Everyone seemingly keeps a reason to live. Except the suicidal type people, I guess they haven't quite found it yet.

But what's important to you? What stops you from getting bored and just beating yourself to death with the butt of a gun?
Sat 09/08/03 at 20:45
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
cookie monster wrote:
> I really cant think of any reason to live other than the fact that
> dying would be a bit of a waste.

:)

I live because I'm too much of a lazy arsed coward to commit suicide.
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:58
Regular
[But they're not bothering to take it further for diagnosis with cancer because "I'm far too young", which was worrying considering what Rasta said. I might chase that up.]
Sat 09/08/03 at 19:55
Regular
Interesting kinda replies.

Did this topic because, to be completely and utterly honest, the greatest thing in the world to me at the moment is the thought of pirates and how cool they are.

It's a strange change from the replies here as well, which are how I would have replied not that long ago. I dream for the moment, I guess, and I don't think I'll ever stop.

The one thing that keeps me going beyond anything else is my imagination, and that's in more ways than one.

Dreaming up places and situations, characters etc, little scenes for animation and writing, it keeps me alive inside. It keeps me happy, it keeps me busy, and it's not something I could easily stop. I guess dreaming is pretty much my life, and I struggled to understand that to begin with, but now I've pretty much accepted it as the best thing I could possibly be.

In another way, today I was rushed into hospital, and I was struggling to fight to stay conscious, and what I'm getting used to now, instead of trying to give myself strong words to keep me going, I just talk to my brain, and use it as if it was someone else talking to me, keeping me going, forcing me to keep fighting. It's strange, I'd rather pretend I was actually talking to someone instead of giving myself advice from myself. It keeps me calm, I guess.

[Hospital was because my pain got a bit over the top today, and I was getting even more exhausted in the heat. They still don't know what's wrong with me, they're guessing at irritable bowel syndrome which I'm going to live as if it's right for a bit, but I've still yet to be diagnosed completely.]
Sat 09/08/03 at 15:59
Regular
Goddess Belldandy wrote:
> Good Stuff

Yeah, I guess this is just a short term blip. I'll get myself back on track soon enough.
Sat 09/08/03 at 10:59
Regular
"thegodfather"
My daughter,knowing you have this responsibility and watching her grow each day is something you can't put into words.
I do shift work,and if Iv'e had a crappy night I only need to spend ten minutes with her to make all the petty things in life go away.
Things like some moron cutting you up because they think they own the road,or West Ham playing badly are not really that important anymore.
Sat 09/08/03 at 09:54
Regular
I honestly don't know. But there's got to be something, right? Actually, if I could avoid having to open my results on Thursday, that'd be good.
Sat 09/08/03 at 08:29
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Lots of things, but if I had to put my finger on the most important, I'd say creativity. Being absorbed in the creative process; producing something out of nothing; attempting to capture and express thoughts and ideas. The imagination and the visions of the imagination. This gives me the most satisfaction. It's what motivates me the most.
Sat 09/08/03 at 03:52
Regular
"cachoo"
I would care. I hate the thought of not waking up the next morning. It's so sad !
Sat 09/08/03 at 00:16
Regular
"The mighty GE90-115"
Mess wrote:
> Would any of you care if you didn't wake up the next morning?

I would be most upset.

I havent even reached my prime years yet.
Sat 09/08/03 at 00:14
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Nope.
Because I've done everything I want to do so far, except the things that are not up to me to make happen.

Actually, if I could not wake up Weds that'd be better, seeing someone on Tuesday.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.