GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's important to you?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 08/08/03 at 18:31
Regular
Everyone seemingly keeps a reason to live. Except the suicidal type people, I guess they haven't quite found it yet.

But what's important to you? What stops you from getting bored and just beating yourself to death with the butt of a gun?
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:45
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Ms NY wrote:
Do you talk to
> your cats? I talk to mine and they sometimes understand.

Yes, I talk to my cat, Barney, all the time. I also talk to my chinchillas and my rabbits- it's not crazy, even if they don't understand the words, they respond to the tone of voice etc.

I had to have my dog, Holly, put to sleep in May after 13 years- I can't remember NOT having her around and I miss her a lot. She used to sense if you were ill and sit next to you, just quietly offering comfort. Stroking a dog or cat is theraputic- this has been proved medically. So it is official- animals are good for your health! I'm sure my teenage hormones would have been a lot worse if I didn't have my animals around me!
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:22
Regular
"cachoo"
Aw! I can relate to that! But you make it sound like sense!
My cats rely on me. Hm. Now there's a reason to live. Do you talk to your cats? I talk to mine and they sometimes understand. If I'm upset they will be less playful and act all cute. T'is sweet.
Sun 10/08/03 at 18:14
Regular
"Hmmm....."
My reason to live?

Well, I'm not going to say 'friends and family, religion etc etc' as they are pretty obvious.

If I was feeling suicidal (I never have), the thing that would make me stop and think is my animals! It sounds REALLY stupid, but they mean more than almost anything to me! My pets rely on me and me only, and that makes me feel really important- their lives are in my hands and I want to make their lives as good as possible.

I can sit and watch a film containing graphic violence towards other humans, but the RSPCA advert with the kitten lying on its side on a table after being 'killed' (know which one I mean?) makes me cry. The only thing that makes me REALLY angry is people who abuse or neglect animals- and they are often the ones that do the same to other humans.

If I committed suicide tommorrow and nobody found me, my animals would die too and I would be responsible for this! When I was stressed about my GCSEs (I didnt get stressed for my AS or A-levels), three things got me through...my family, my religion and the unconditional love of my animals. I could sit with my dog and completely forget about my results- nothing else had that effect for me!
Sun 10/08/03 at 00:15
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Grix Thraves wrote:
> The one thing that keeps me going beyond anything else is my
> imagination, and that's in more ways than one.

I know I said kittens, but I didn't say what I imagined doing to them.
Just as well really :)
Sat 09/08/03 at 23:28
Regular
"Selected"
wait.....THERE'S THAT DRINK DOESN'T EXIST - what are you talking about whistespripes?
Sat 09/08/03 at 23:27
Regular
"Selected"
thats a shame because apple flavoured Dr. Depper is the sh*t
Sat 09/08/03 at 23:18
Regular
Grix Thraves wrote:
they're guessing at irritable bowel syndrome which I'm
> going to live as if it's right for a bit, but I've still yet to be
> diagnosed completely.]

I've got that.

It's really great for two reasons:

- It hurts like hell

- There is no cure

You might want to avoid eating apples and drinking coke/pepsi/dr pepper.
They aggrivate it.
Sat 09/08/03 at 23:07
Regular
My reason to keep on living?

All the 'ladeez' in my life. They keep my going
Sat 09/08/03 at 23:03
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Call me old fashioned but having friends to talk to and be with normally keeps me from being bored.
Sat 09/08/03 at 22:55
Regular
"Proffesional Eejit."
warhammer.

A I've spent too much to die within months of getting it

B I enjoy playing it, and the clubs that play it are a right laugh.

other than that, 'I have no valid reason to live'

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.