GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Do BBFC ratings mean anything nowadays?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 03/08/03 at 23:26
Regular
I'm 16. I buy all my DVD's online nowadays and a lot of them are "18" rated.

Nothing stops me from buying them - No spotty tvvat at the counter, No standerds agency. No-one.

So it begs the question - Do BBFC ratings actually mean anything? Yes I know ratings were put there to show the customer what is in the film and what they can expect. But, Why can I buy these films underage? Should'nt I be stopped and taken to the police?

Do BBFC ratings need to be scrapped all together?
Sun 03/08/03 at 23:34
Regular
They're guidance ratings for parents.
Sun 03/08/03 at 23:32
Regular
"I'm Great."
I have noticed that I have no 18 rated DVDs in my collection even though I buy most over the net now. I think it's the point that I've never tried. If I can buy them because it want the film or series then I will but nothing has really caught my eye plus money must be saved. The ratings will not matter to me in just under two months though.
Sun 03/08/03 at 23:26
Regular
I'm 16. I buy all my DVD's online nowadays and a lot of them are "18" rated.

Nothing stops me from buying them - No spotty tvvat at the counter, No standerds agency. No-one.

So it begs the question - Do BBFC ratings actually mean anything? Yes I know ratings were put there to show the customer what is in the film and what they can expect. But, Why can I buy these films underage? Should'nt I be stopped and taken to the police?

Do BBFC ratings need to be scrapped all together?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.