GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 Vs Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/02/01 at 22:03
Regular
Well, if you lot had come up with some better topics than that lame Dreamcast Ripple Effect and The Future of Gaming then I would be forced to cause more arguements!

So, I know who you all side with, Ant...Playstation, Sniper...Nintendo, but which is the better, Nintendo...according to the system specs anyway, the machine on the whole is much more advanced, although the Playstaion does have CD's and it looks as though Nintendo will NEVER have a CD format game!!!The Playstation was released earlier and has a much higher list of games...but then again more of Nintendo's Games are raved about and Nintendo do have Rare, a VERY good asset in my book, valuable as well!

I think that the best console would be the N64 but overall the Playstation, despite the inferior capabilities has shown a better performance, but if we ask the question Nintendo or Sony, I think Nintendo win that the Gamecube is set to be ace and the PS2 has already been deemed a failure by a majority of Nintendo fans!

The Game...I am sooooooooooooo bored.....:o(
Thu 22/02/01 at 16:47
The Game wrote

" Driver
ISS Pro Evolution
MetalGearSolid
GranTurismo
Resident Evil
PointBlank and TimeCrisis (Great Lightgun Games)
MicroMachinesV3

Look at this, a lot of these games can be played on a PC, Micro Machines,
Driver, MGS, Res Evil...Look at Nintendos, None are released on PC, that is
what I love about them....they're completely unique! "

With reguard to the above games, yes Driver, MGS and Resident Evil can now be played on the PC, but they were all available on the Playstation first. Its only because theyre so good that theyve been converted to the PC.

A good proportion of these games are Playstation only such as PointBlank and TimeCrisis, both of which are excellent games. Infact there are no lightgun games on the N64.

The point is that the playstation has some great original games and so does the N64.
Thu 22/02/01 at 18:21
Regular
It seems to me as if you are more likely to win a prize if you are a new name. I won twice before I had realized that I had won once, and I know other people who have won on their first contribution.

I don't know that this is true, but it certainly seems that way.
Thu 22/02/01 at 18:21
Regular
It seems to me as if you are more likely to win a prize if you are a new name. I won twice before I had realized that I had won once, and I know other people who have won on their first contribution.

I don't know that this is true, but it certainly seems that way.
Thu 22/02/01 at 18:27
Regular
"I like cheese"
Sorry Flying Pig- I wasn't in a good mood back then.

It did get to the point quickly, and it is probably worth a Gameaday win. Sorry mate. Well done!!

PS- FantasyMeister, I'm sorry Master, I will try and force myself to write better next time.
Thu 22/02/01 at 18:36
Regular
The playstation, overall seems to be most people's favourite choice. The N64 has never really taken off; the number of games available is very limited. On the other hand, the playstation has plenty of very good games, as well as loads of OK games, and some absolutely terrible ones. Nintendo will need to impress a lot of people with the game cube if they want to compete properly against sony. Many people I know are saying that they will either buy the Playstation or the X-Box. It seems as if nintendo have fallen behind in the games market since the snes, although the game boy is clearly the most popular hand-held console. The games market seems to be leaving less room for competition, as the dreamcast and saturn have shown us in recent years. Sega are now giving up on the dreamcast - how long will it be until someone else does too. Sony does seems to have the best track record and popularity, as well as having plenty of good manufacturers behind it. This seems to be more important than the specifications of the machine, as the n64 has shown us.
Fri 23/02/01 at 08:54
Regular
"DS..."
Dan_uk wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:

> Ah!! But....

> Nintendo is for
> kiddies.
I disagree, firstly Nintendo develops games from "E" (everyone) to "18" (adult) to appeal to gamers of all ages and to give them a wider market, secondly Nintendo have been making consoles for a hell of a lot longer than sony and HAVE, ARE AND ALLWAYS WILL BE THE BEST GAMES COMPANY IN THE WORLD!
> PSX is for REAL
> gamers.
PSX is NOT for REAL gamers the only reason sony ever got the greystation to sell is because its a majority of people bought them and the rest followed like sheep, why anyone would want to buy one I dont know and I dont want one.
The greystation has allways been doomed to failiure, is doomed to failiure and allways will be doomed to failiure!
And talking about failiure just look at the PS2 the crap name sums it up a really gay sequel!

Stop being
> so stereotypical you silly casual gamer!

:-)
Fri 23/02/01 at 09:26
Regular
"not dead"
This message is so funny!

'greystation doomed to failure?'
It was released years ago, and has indeed been very successful!

And to call the PS2 gay? I wasn't aware that consoles had a sexuality, but then again, I don't want to ask questions about slik's personal life.
Fri 23/02/01 at 10:20
Regular
"smile, it's free"
slik wrote:
the only reason sony ever got
> the greystation to sell is because its a majority of people bought
> them and the rest followed like sheep,

Ok, so why did the majority of people buy them?
Perhaps they didn't realise it was going to be doomed to failure with its 6 year lifespan and x thousand releases?

And talking about failiure just look at the PS2
> the crap name sums it up a really gay sequel!

Ah, yes. I don't think I've heard such an intelligent arguement in a long time!
:D
Fri 23/02/01 at 11:53
Regular
"I like cheese"
slik wrote:
> Dan_uk wrote:
> FantasyMeister wrote:

> Ah!!
> But....

> Nintendo is for
> kiddies.
I disagree, firstly
> Nintendo develops games from "E" (everyone) to
> "18" (adult) to appeal to gamers of all ages and to give
> them a wider market, secondly Nintendo have been making consoles for
> a hell of a lot longer than sony and HAVE, ARE AND ALLWAYS WILL BE
> THE BEST GAMES COMPANY IN THE WORLD!
> PSX is for REAL
>
> gamers.
PSX is NOT for REAL gamers the only reason sony ever got
> the greystation to sell is because its a majority of people bought
> them and the rest followed like sheep, why anyone would want to buy
> one I dont know and I dont want one.
The greystation has allways
> been doomed to failiure, is doomed to failiure and allways will be
> doomed to failiure!
And talking about failiure just look at the PS2
> the crap name sums it up a really gay sequel!

Stop
> being
> so stereotypical you silly casual gamer!

:-)

Hello! Hadn't you better go back to your mummy for some milk?? Where's your favourite rattle?? Oh there it is!! Under your favourite book, "The Idiots Guide To Getting Out Of Bed"!!
Fri 23/02/01 at 14:56
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Oh.....from a topic that spawned from boredom I guess it wasn't so bad, it just goes to show that people will argue and argue, Nintendo fans with their more powerful machine and the PLaystationites with their millions and millions of games!

The Game

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.