GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 Vs Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/02/01 at 22:03
Regular
Well, if you lot had come up with some better topics than that lame Dreamcast Ripple Effect and The Future of Gaming then I would be forced to cause more arguements!

So, I know who you all side with, Ant...Playstation, Sniper...Nintendo, but which is the better, Nintendo...according to the system specs anyway, the machine on the whole is much more advanced, although the Playstaion does have CD's and it looks as though Nintendo will NEVER have a CD format game!!!The Playstation was released earlier and has a much higher list of games...but then again more of Nintendo's Games are raved about and Nintendo do have Rare, a VERY good asset in my book, valuable as well!

I think that the best console would be the N64 but overall the Playstation, despite the inferior capabilities has shown a better performance, but if we ask the question Nintendo or Sony, I think Nintendo win that the Gamecube is set to be ace and the PS2 has already been deemed a failure by a majority of Nintendo fans!

The Game...I am sooooooooooooo bored.....:o(
Wed 21/02/01 at 14:17
Untill christmas i loved my N64, and defended it against every attack however after i got a dreamcast for christmas with its slightly more mature games i'm finding it hard to like the N64, its graphics are better and some of its games are exelent but looking at a shelf in my local game shop i realised there were very few games that apealed to me.
i used to hate the PSX , stealing the market from Nintendo but now i can see that its a good console, it caters very well for sports lovers and those who like racing games, sure its graphics are poor and the controler is rubbish but looking at the console from an outsiders point of view it isn't all that bad.
So which do i think is better?
the N64 works well for me but the PSX is better for most people.
so PSX
Wed 21/02/01 at 19:11
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:

> Ah!! But....

> Nintendo is for kiddies.

> PSX is for REAL
> gamers.

Stop being so stereotypical you silly casual gamer!

:-)
Wed 21/02/01 at 20:10
I own both consoles, theyre both great systems provided you get the right games for them. See the games I recommend below to see what I mean.

The one difference I would say is that the N64 is a better Multiplayer machine than the PS1. So if you have alot of friends or a big family then you should buy the N64.

However if you prefer to play games on your own such as Driver, Metal Gear Solid etc... Then spend your money on a Playstation (Or Playstation 2 if you can afford it!).

As long as you buy the right games you wont be dissapointed.
Thu 22/02/01 at 11:01
Regular
"I like cheese"
No offence Flying Pig, but how the hell did that win Gameaday??? I wrote a decent review on Smugglers Run.

Oh well, I shouldn't be annoyed, I've won 5 times!!

PS- Ali, why was I put at number 9 in the back of the SR mag in the bit with 'most Gameaday winners'??

You put SHEEPY and pb in front of me, and I know I've won more times than them. Just asking. {:)
Thu 22/02/01 at 11:34
Regular
"not dead"
Ant wrote:
> No offence Flying Pig, but how the hell did that win Gameaday??? I
> wrote a decent review on Smugglers Run.

FP's comment is well written, and to the point.

I read your Smugglers Run review, and although it's alright, it doesn't jump out of the page at you. You need to throw in a tag line there, something that'll look good as an extract from your review.

Also, having seen many of your other posts I know that you can write better than that. You repeated yourself a bit, making it not that good to read.

I'm sure your day will come again soon though!
Thu 22/02/01 at 11:44
I agree Flying Pigs reply was short, but straight to the point! Particularly with reguard to Microsoft who have an advertising budget for the X-box of $500 million. Alot of Cash, but ultimately unless the machine has some killer games at launch it wont sell!

Microsoft would be better spending that cash on developing great games, as great games sell themselves! The X-box is still a year off release and Ive know Idea who Microsoft are targetting as their target audience! They have to start advertising soon!
Thu 22/02/01 at 12:04
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
New Jimmy Wrote:

or the PS1 with

Driver
ISS
Pro Evolution
MetalGearSolid
GranTurismo
Resident Evil
PointBlank and TimeCrisis (Great Lightgun Games)
MicroMachinesV3

Look at this, a lot of these games can be played on a PC, Micro Machines, Driver, MGS, Res Evil...Look at Nintendos, None are released on PC, that is what I love about them....they're completely unique!
Thu 22/02/01 at 13:20
Regular
"Complete Banker"
Ant wrote:
No offence Flying Pig, but how the hell did that win Gameaday??? I wrote a decent review on Smugglers Run.

I assure you Ant; I'm as surprised as you are!! Sometimes I write stuff in an attempt to win and other times I just write stuff. This one was the latter!!

Meka_Dragon wrote:
FP's comment is well written, and to the point.

Thanks MD!!

Thu 22/02/01 at 13:31
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Damn Pig! Pawning off my super topic, but hey well done, and it just goes to show that despite these console being so old, disputes and discussions about them are very much alive. The two consoles are both great in their own way, and although I am a Ninty fan I wouldn't pass one of those funky PSOne's with a cool screen by, I find car journeys soooooooo tiresome and a little Smackdown 2 action might do the trick.

The Game
Thu 22/02/01 at 16:34
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I know ANT i have won only 4 times :), oh well!

I have to say i wrote quite a good review of theme park inc yeaterday!

POWER OF THE SHEEP

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.