GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Nintendo 64 Vs Playstation"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 18/02/01 at 22:03
Regular
Well, if you lot had come up with some better topics than that lame Dreamcast Ripple Effect and The Future of Gaming then I would be forced to cause more arguements!

So, I know who you all side with, Ant...Playstation, Sniper...Nintendo, but which is the better, Nintendo...according to the system specs anyway, the machine on the whole is much more advanced, although the Playstaion does have CD's and it looks as though Nintendo will NEVER have a CD format game!!!The Playstation was released earlier and has a much higher list of games...but then again more of Nintendo's Games are raved about and Nintendo do have Rare, a VERY good asset in my book, valuable as well!

I think that the best console would be the N64 but overall the Playstation, despite the inferior capabilities has shown a better performance, but if we ask the question Nintendo or Sony, I think Nintendo win that the Gamecube is set to be ace and the PS2 has already been deemed a failure by a majority of Nintendo fans!

The Game...I am sooooooooooooo bored.....:o(
Sun 18/02/01 at 22:03
Regular
"Fishing For Reddies"
Well, if you lot had come up with some better topics than that lame Dreamcast Ripple Effect and The Future of Gaming then I would be forced to cause more arguements!

So, I know who you all side with, Ant...Playstation, Sniper...Nintendo, but which is the better, Nintendo...according to the system specs anyway, the machine on the whole is much more advanced, although the Playstaion does have CD's and it looks as though Nintendo will NEVER have a CD format game!!!The Playstation was released earlier and has a much higher list of games...but then again more of Nintendo's Games are raved about and Nintendo do have Rare, a VERY good asset in my book, valuable as well!

I think that the best console would be the N64 but overall the Playstation, despite the inferior capabilities has shown a better performance, but if we ask the question Nintendo or Sony, I think Nintendo win that the Gamecube is set to be ace and the PS2 has already been deemed a failure by a majority of Nintendo fans!

The Game...I am sooooooooooooo bored.....:o(
Sun 18/02/01 at 22:30
Regular
"Copyright: FM Inc."
Ah!! But....

Nintendo is for kiddies.

PSX is for REAL gamers.

:-)
Sun 18/02/01 at 22:49
Regular
"everyone says it"
RIGHT NOW at this time I would choose the 64 over the PS1. Why? Overall here why:

Racer:
PS: GT2
N64: Ridge Racer64
Winner: PS but only just as 4 players is great on 64.

Shooters:
The n64 destroys the PS in this category and there really is no point denying it.

RPG's:
PS: The final fantasy's
N64: 2 Zeldas
Winner: the 64 because Zelda 1 is the onlt game to recieve 40/40 in Famitsu as an true RPG!

3D Adventure:
errrr...
All of the PS's 3d adventure games are beaten by Mario and Banjo.

Games that need a mention:

Jet Force Gemini, MGS, PD, Goldeneye, RE2 (64's is better, believe me!)....the list goes on.

Right now with the price you can pick up a 2nd hand 64 for (£35) and then the 2nd hand games are cheap the console is such a non-loading experience that I would choose it over the PS with only about 5 classic games tht will stick in my mind with the likes of Zelda and Goldeneye.

Mon 19/02/01 at 12:27
Regular
FantasyMeister wrote:
> Ah!! But....

Nintendo is for kiddies.

PSX is for REAL
> gamers.

Well if you bought one it wouldn't be FM.
Anyway Jet Force is really good.
Mon 19/02/01 at 12:30
Regular
"not dead"
I chose N64 and I'm happy.

Enough said.

I'm happy, you're happy, everybody's happy!
Mon 19/02/01 at 13:30
Regular
"everyone says it"
if you are happy then so am I!

(you choose the right console!)
Mon 19/02/01 at 20:11
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
The N64 all the way! The PSX has been more sucsessful, but sucess is not a measure of quality. Look at Big Brother, the Teletubbies, the Bob the Builder song, and those damn POKEMON!
Mon 19/02/01 at 20:20
Both systems have given us great games be it the N64 with

Mario64
Zelda64
Goldeneye
Perfect Dark
DonkeyKong64
DiddyKongRacing
WWF NoMercy

or the PS1 with

Driver
ISS Pro Evolution
MetalGearSolid
GranTurismo
Resident Evil
PointBlank and TimeCrisis (Great Lightgun Games)
MicroMachinesV3

I've got both systems and theyre both Brilliant!
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:23
Regular
"not dead"
I just have an N64, and it's great.

I'm sure that the PSX must have good games, else so many people wouldn't have bought it, would they?

9?
Wed 21/02/01 at 12:56
Regular
"Complete Banker"
As a Playstation owner my personal favourite is of course the PSX, however without a doubt the N64 has had some fantastic games - Zelda and GoldenEye to name but two. However as all you N64 owners will know that games are released few and far between and only a few of those are worth buying, whereas in the height of the PSX's popularity you were getting, maybe 5 or 6 releases a week!! And at least one of those was well worth getting (Usually). Sure the pSX has got some awful games on it, but so has the N64 (Superman 64 anyone!?)
The reason why the PSX is more popular than the N64 is simply because it has recieved many more high quality games and much more support from the 3rd party developers.
As has been said many times before; it's not the hardware that makes a console great, it's the games that you can play on them which decide whether that console lives or dies - Microsoft take note!!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.