GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What does it take to be a Moderator?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/05/09 at 21:07
Regular
"How Ironic"
I know there are already little specifications to become a moderator on the site, but lets here from the frontline troops. Any things that are cool about being a moderator, and what you think it takes to become one?
Sun 24/05/09 at 15:46
Regular
"How Ironic"
xD
Sun 24/05/09 at 15:25
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
...Same respect? Clearly you have not seen the size of MotoMoto's ego :D
Fri 22/05/09 at 13:32
Regular
"How Ironic"
Thanks guys ;P 5 days until i'm a newbie, and then 60 until regular, not too bad. Doesn't feel like i've been on here for a nearly a month. Anyway, don't think it really matters what status everybody is, obviously some people have more authority, but every gets the same respect, which is great :D Thanks again guys ;D
Fri 22/05/09 at 09:20
"possibly impossible"
Agreed, always good to have new and intelligent posters on the forums.
Fri 22/05/09 at 08:16
Regular
"@optometrytweet"
Emmie87 wrote:
> I miss my Moderator powers from the Game forum, they were taken
> from me when the site was re-done. Mainly because i like the
> light blue colour best lol

I miss the moderator status - went through a time last year when I had it that I couldn't get online, so it was revoked. Was fair enough as I wasn't doing the job.

I'm quite happy being a regular though - as we are a pretty tightly-knit community here and I have no need to edit or delete other peoples' threads.

And although it's been said already, we really welcome you to the forums. It's been nice to have another character about the place and another point of view when it comes to debates. Hopefully it won't seem too long until you hit the regular status!
Thu 21/05/09 at 09:41
Regular
motomoto wrote:
> pb wrote:
>
> That said, I have my suspicions that some of the staff never
> leave this site for a second... :D

I'm working on the site, at least :P
Thu 21/05/09 at 08:41
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
Nice to see I'm so highly respected around here...

Anyway, former moderators who had their moderated forum deleted would have automatically reverted back to a 'Regular' user but with the Moderator colour scheme, Emmie was an example of this when his forum was removed. I managed to fix it so he is now the proper colour.

Hmmm... wrote:
> As a moderator I notice sometimes I can:
> Delete Post | Make Thread Sticky
>
> And sometimes I can:
> Bar User | Edit Post | Make Thread Sticky
>
>
> Anyone know why the functionality seems to change?

Only appears that you can bar/edit/sticky regular users and nobody else, while this makes some sense it's probably an error and something McLong can probably sort once I speak to him today about something other than Lost and Hayden Panettiere

Hmmm... wrote:
> User
> types

>
> To add to that page - if you are a moderator of a different
> forum than the one you post in then people see the colour but not
> the moderator wording.

I'm not entirely sure this is right either, might get this looked into also.

If I missed anything let me know!
Thu 21/05/09 at 07:52
Regular
"THFC"
I miss my Moderator powers from the Game forum, they were taken from me when the site was re-done. Mainly because i like the light blue colour best lol
Wed 20/05/09 at 21:24
Regular
"How Ironic"
Right so Hmmm is a moderator of another forum, but he doesn't have the name on this one. But he has the moderator colour, and this could be the reason why he has admin rights? What can i say, elaboration isn't my strong point :P
Wed 20/05/09 at 19:20
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
To clarify Hmmm is a moderator on a different forum to this one :D

This could link into why you have different moderator options by the way Hmmm. Lets see what BML says.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.