GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What does it take to be a Moderator?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 19/05/09 at 21:07
Regular
"How Ironic"
I know there are already little specifications to become a moderator on the site, but lets here from the frontline troops. Any things that are cool about being a moderator, and what you think it takes to become one?
Tue 19/05/09 at 21:07
Regular
"How Ironic"
I know there are already little specifications to become a moderator on the site, but lets here from the frontline troops. Any things that are cool about being a moderator, and what you think it takes to become one?
Tue 19/05/09 at 21:20
"possibly impossible"
A non-staff mod is just allowed to edit and delete posts (not whole threads though) and sticky posts to the top of the forum.

I say 'just' but it's actually nice to feel you have some input to the running of the place and it's useful if one of us is around when there are trolls and troublemakers while the staff are away.

That said, I have my suspicions that some of the staff never leave this site for a second... :D
Tue 19/05/09 at 23:27
Regular
"How Ironic"
I hope whoever thought of the idea got a promotion :P How come you aren't one Machie? I'm presuming you used to be one, as you seem to know loads about the site and have been here for ages, so how come you stopped being one?
Wed 20/05/09 at 00:45
Regular
"How Ironic"
Oh yes, i know what you mean, even though i've been here for a short time, i look forward to reading what's been going on, especially from the regular bunch i seem to reply to such as yourself, pb, Emmie_87, hippyman and Edgy. It is one of the best forums i've been on, i just don't know why, it could be the people, who knows ;D
Wed 20/05/09 at 07:39
Regular
"THFC"
Well i am sure i speak on behalf of most members when i say;

We are glad to have new users come along who contribute GAD worthy posts and are happy to be part of the site and give a good input to the site!

But i have to agree with that list of names you put as being some pretty good people lol
Wed 20/05/09 at 16:28
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
:0 No staffies in that post....I sense a shortage of GADS for Chris :D
Wed 20/05/09 at 16:39
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
pb wrote:

> That said, I have my suspicions that some of the staff never
> leave this site for a second... :D

We're always watching... It just takes a while to come up with witty responses...
Wed 20/05/09 at 16:40
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
motomoto wrote:
> pb wrote:
>
> That said, I have my suspicions that some of the staff never
> leave this site for a second... :D
>
> We're always watching... It just takes a while to come up with
> witty responses...

....unlike this response
Wed 20/05/09 at 17:28
Regular
"How Ironic"
Warhunt wrote:
> :0 No staffies in that post....I sense a shortage of GADS for
> Chris :D

Uh-ohhhh. I forgot to say i made an extra list. These are the people i REALLLY REALLY like: motomoto, Warhunt and all the other staff at Freeola. Their wit is unmatched xD
Wed 20/05/09 at 17:43
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Oh no. Classic mistake. You forgot Butch himself!!
Ha ha

(and Timmie)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.