GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 02/08/03 at 10:05
Regular
Saw this film yesterday. I really have mixed feelings about it, some good and some bad. I'd been waiting 11 years to see it, so my expectations were set VERY high (I saw T2 when I was 4 :D).

Plot: Sounding like a broken record, John Connor is living off the grid, and another two terminators have been sent back through time - one to terminate him, and another to protect him. It would simply be a case of which one would reach him first. While it's similar in terms to the 2nd film, it's a good enough plot.
10/10

Script: While the scripting was relevant and explained a lot that the first two films did not, there was too much comedy in my opinion that was just irrelevant. While the whole "Talk to duh hand" thing showed that this T-101 learns also, there was just some stupid dialogue. There were some cool phrases though, pity a lot of them sounded better in the trailer :|
7/10

Acting: Arnie isn't a brilliant actor, but I thought Claire Danes and Nich Stahl did pretty well, especially the latter. Kristianna Loken was nothing special as the Terminatrix, but then she's playing a machine, so what can ye do?
7/10

Cast: The casting was done well, especially for John Connor, but I would've preferred Edward Furlong assuming the role of Connor once again. Still, what can be done? He took drugs, yadda, yadda, yadda. Kristianna Loken was nothing special as the T-X, but there could've been a lot worse people to play the part, like Chyna :|
8/10

Best bit: Arnie blowing himself and the T-X up. But wait, I thought he couldn't self terminate. Or is that an act that leads to self-termination and is therefore not counted.

Ending: It ends on a cliffhanger, which was slightly annoying. Still, we got the brilliant battle in Nevada before that, so I'll let Mostow off for that.
8/10

A good film, but a bit of a pop-corn film. I think Cameron could've made it better, but not that much better. There were some clever bits, such as the TX having her metal stripped off by the magnet etc, but it seemed as though it was appealing to a younger audience. I have one relief in that nothing was cut for the 12A release. Roll on Terminator 4, and for those of you suggesting this, it is in no way confirmed a Terminator 5 will happen, and probably will not.

Overall: 8/10
Sat 02/08/03 at 10:05
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Saw this film yesterday. I really have mixed feelings about it, some good and some bad. I'd been waiting 11 years to see it, so my expectations were set VERY high (I saw T2 when I was 4 :D).

Plot: Sounding like a broken record, John Connor is living off the grid, and another two terminators have been sent back through time - one to terminate him, and another to protect him. It would simply be a case of which one would reach him first. While it's similar in terms to the 2nd film, it's a good enough plot.
10/10

Script: While the scripting was relevant and explained a lot that the first two films did not, there was too much comedy in my opinion that was just irrelevant. While the whole "Talk to duh hand" thing showed that this T-101 learns also, there was just some stupid dialogue. There were some cool phrases though, pity a lot of them sounded better in the trailer :|
7/10

Acting: Arnie isn't a brilliant actor, but I thought Claire Danes and Nich Stahl did pretty well, especially the latter. Kristianna Loken was nothing special as the Terminatrix, but then she's playing a machine, so what can ye do?
7/10

Cast: The casting was done well, especially for John Connor, but I would've preferred Edward Furlong assuming the role of Connor once again. Still, what can be done? He took drugs, yadda, yadda, yadda. Kristianna Loken was nothing special as the T-X, but there could've been a lot worse people to play the part, like Chyna :|
8/10

Best bit: Arnie blowing himself and the T-X up. But wait, I thought he couldn't self terminate. Or is that an act that leads to self-termination and is therefore not counted.

Ending: It ends on a cliffhanger, which was slightly annoying. Still, we got the brilliant battle in Nevada before that, so I'll let Mostow off for that.
8/10

A good film, but a bit of a pop-corn film. I think Cameron could've made it better, but not that much better. There were some clever bits, such as the TX having her metal stripped off by the magnet etc, but it seemed as though it was appealing to a younger audience. I have one relief in that nothing was cut for the 12A release. Roll on Terminator 4, and for those of you suggesting this, it is in no way confirmed a Terminator 5 will happen, and probably will not.

Overall: 8/10
Sat 02/08/03 at 10:45
Regular
i thought, though inferior to the masterpiece that is T2, that t3 was some seriously good stuff.

like you say many parts tend to lean towards comedy, but I don't think any of it was unfunny or cringe worthy.

the action is superb, in particular the car chase scene with the crane. this chase scene betters the matrix reloaded chase scene in my view, with ease.

the whole film has a different feel to it to the other two films, but that is a good thing, if they keep re-hashing the old cliché's the series will become stale.

the female terminator worked despite my fears that it was going to be cheesy as hell. she is quite menacing, although, I must say, didn't inspire the fear that robert patrick as the t1000 managed to.

on the whole, a pretty good film, which I look forward to seeing again.

I'm glad they didn't create a monster and make money simply due to the success of the previous two.
Sat 02/08/03 at 11:00
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Although I think that the TX should've been scratched more in all the accidents and have bits of liquid metal come off etc.
Sat 02/08/03 at 11:24
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
I saw it last night, and have to say what other people are saying; it's not as good as the masterpiece that is T2, but it's still a fine action movie.
There was some rather cheesy humour and Arnie seemed even more wooden than usual, sometimes trying to be too funny in parts when the role shouldn't really have given that much time to be a comedian, but he wasn't too bad. I was actually slightly disappointed with Arnie in it some of the time, he just didn't seem to have to cool presence he had in T2, sometimes just going through the motions.

I liked seeing the early stages of the Terminator and mini Hunter-Killer robots being developed by the scientist dudes, which helped give us some background insight into where and how the the robots were developed. The action sequences were amazing too, that truck chase ruled.

One thing I did notice was the amount of violence and swearing. There were moments that really should have made this at least a 15, possibly an 18, such as when the T-X stabbed her hand through the cop, and I distinctly heard the F-word in there too. The F-word in a 12, what is the world coming to?! Some of the fights between the two Terminators were very savage and intense too, not really suitable for youngsters. I was sitting next to some young kid yesterday, must have only been around 7 or 8, and I heard him wince a few times at some of the savage fighting bits and blood.

The first pair of sunglasses Arnie put on made the whole audience crack up too :D

All in all, from a big Terminator and Arnie fan, I'd say T3 isn't as good as T2, but still a worthy addition to the series. Jim Cameron would have made it much better, but there's always T4 to come...
Sat 02/08/03 at 11:37
Regular
"118 118"
I have a dvd rip of it (from turkey) it works on my ps2 but only in black and white so it does no favours for the film. I think I will go and see it at the cinemas instead.
Sat 02/08/03 at 11:39
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
I was surprised it was a 12A too, it had swearing and quite a lot of violence. To me, you can't use the excuse "but they're just robots" when you're stabbing people, smashing them through buildings, windows and cars and melting their faces off. And point blank shootings too. Should have been a 15, it's amazing what they can get away with these days.

*goes off to read the Daily Mail*
Sat 02/08/03 at 13:23
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
Kyz wrote:
> I have a dvd rip of it (from turkey) it works on my ps2 but only in
> black and white so it does no favours for the film. I think I will go
> and see it at the cinemas instead.

Get a scart lead. And yes, it's worth seeing at the cinema :)
Sat 02/08/03 at 13:25
Regular
"I am Riki Takeuchi!"
I was kinda annoyed a lot of the violence went off-screen. I wish they would've made it a 15 like the other two (the DVD MUST be a 15), and then we could actually SEE more of the killings, like the kids at the party.
Sat 02/08/03 at 13:56
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> I was surprised it was a 12A too, it had swearing and quite a lot of
> violence.

I thought the violence was quite minimal, the only bit that I thought shouldn't be in a 12A, was the fist through the chest.
Sat 02/08/03 at 14:00
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
It does make me wonder where they are going to go with the next one.

It’s gone 18+, 15+ and then 12A…so I’m guessing it will be a Disney animation PG.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.