GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Heard the joke about the Church full of homophobes?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 31/07/03 at 15:16
Regular
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/3108349.stm

This, if you ask me, is something of a medieval attitude, and only goes to show that Catholicism (sp?) has a dwindling place alongside modern society.
Sat 02/08/03 at 08:19
Regular
"Laughingstock"
What I find most irriatating about Christianity and any Christian offshoot sect is that their whole outlook is based on a glaring lie: that the only way to spiritual salvation and enlightenment is through one source - Jesus Christ.

Spirituality isn't about truth, about facts, it's about the progression of the conscience; it's about the evolution of the higher self.

Clinging to "fixed" moral values is a symptom of decay. It's closed-minded.
True spirituality is about "vision"; about being "open" to new and different perceptions. Dogmatic religion does nothing else but crucify the future to the past.
Fri 01/08/03 at 20:19
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Surely anyone saying the Pope, as leader of the Catholic Church, is wrong, is actually just enforcing their own beliefs, as the Pope is doing, making them equally as bad by the same measure.

Religion is a funny thing, at one time I'd have been shouting on this forum - as I did - that religion was a load of crap and little more than an excuse for people to form groups and kill each other for daring to believe different from them. I'd have said it was all a mass ploy for institutions to control large swathes of people, that there was no more proof any god exists than there is that aliens are amongst us now.

But I don't think that any more, I seriously believe there is a God, somewhere, and that religion is not the cause of all ills as many would have us believe.
Fri 01/08/03 at 18:45
Regular
"smile, it's free"
I'm with the Catholics on this one, I have to say.

Who are we to tell them what their religion should preach?

I respect the fact that they are basing their views on teachings they believe in, rather than succumbing to the pressure to conform to society, and believe in what society tells us are the right things to believe in.
Thu 31/07/03 at 18:09
Regular
"Hmmm....."
I understand why people don't like the church (Catholic or otherwise) as an institution. Each to their own :-)

Like Light said, hate the Church if you must, but don't tar us all with the same brush. I personally like the church as it provides me with a place of sanctury in this crazy world!
Thu 31/07/03 at 17:02
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Dogma was the best Catholic film ever *runs*

Okay, now I'M agreeing with you...what is going on today?!

I thought it was the best affirmation of just how good a persons faith can be for that person. What's more, it managed to make the institution of the church look faintly absurd without ever once saying that faith was bad.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:56
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Dogma was the best Catholic film ever *runs*
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:52
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
DébUK wrote:

>
> Fair enough ;-)

To be clear though (cos I see where you're coming from about the whole Christian Bashing thing) I mean ANY church...I don't have opinions on religions I know little about, but every one I have a basic knowledge about (Catholicism, some of the many MANY brands of Protestantism, Eastern Orthodox and it's various offshoots, Sunni and Shia Islam) fits nicely into my "Organisations to obliterate come the day the Dark Master Rises from his Pit and Leads me to Glory" folder...
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:51
"Darth Vader 3442321"
"Marriage is holy, while homosexual acts go against the natural moral law."

Yeah Marriage is brillaint; do most married people enjoy spending the rest of their lives with the same person and never regret their decision for a second. NO> Why sanctify it then? Another method of control perhaps? Surely not.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:50
OK, the Vatican "has launched a global campaign against gay marriage", and you think I shouldn't label them a bunch of medieval homophobes?

If this was any other religion, I wouldn't hesitate to label it ridiculous and narrow-minded.

What really sticks out for me is this: "To vote in favour of a law so harmful to the common good is gravely immoral"

How so? How is it harmful? How is it immoral?

Voting in favour of peadophiles marrying their victims against their will would be harmful and immoral. Getting married hardly fits into the same category.
Thu 31/07/03 at 16:46
Regular
"Hmmm....."
Light wrote:

> Love the churchgoer, hate the church...

Fair enough ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.