GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mail script problems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/05/09 at 18:06
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Is anyone else not receiving e-mails sent via their mail() scripts or is it just me?

Last e-mail received was on 10/5/2009 at 07:38. My scripts haven't changed and normal e-mail via smtp/pop works OK.

Network status pages don't suggest anything is wrong and I've rechecked my mail() parameters.

Any help is appreciated.

JTD
Wed 13/05/09 at 19:05
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
51 minutes from question to answer. Not too shabby at all.

Thanks

JTD
Wed 13/05/09 at 19:04
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Thanks motomoto for the quick and reassuring explanation :-)
Wed 13/05/09 at 18:57
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hello Guys,

We did have an account on our free/web freedom servers that was found to be sending a lot of spam, ever since then messages being sent from the servers have noticed a big delay. I'm under the impression that once these spam messages have been cleared that the service should resume. :)

I say delay because I am told that the messages have not been lost but simply are in a queue to be sent. We have reported the problem to our Systems Team and we imagine that the problem is solved within the next 24 hours.

Sorry for any inconvenience :(.
Wed 13/05/09 at 18:53
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Thanks for the prompt testing.

At least I know it's not me going barking mad.

JTD
Wed 13/05/09 at 18:37
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Just checked my site and sent a test email at 18.30, not received anything yet:-(

Still nothing at 18.47 ... strange, usually collectiion is pretty fast.
Wed 13/05/09 at 18:27
"Are you sure?"
arrrrrrgh - not again...
Thanks for the heads up!

It's been months now since the last Freeola 'form_mail' problems but it looks like they are back.

I've just done a couple of tests and nothing's arrived.
Looking at one of my sites logs I can see people have completed a 'form' earlier today but no email has arrived... :¬(

I've seen a rise in SPAM recently and have sent many examples to Freeola's abuse@ address so there's a chance things are just swamped?

Perhaps a staffie could comment - or let us know if a Support Ticket is required?

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 13/05/09 at 18:06
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Is anyone else not receiving e-mails sent via their mail() scripts or is it just me?

Last e-mail received was on 10/5/2009 at 07:38. My scripts haven't changed and normal e-mail via smtp/pop works OK.

Network status pages don't suggest anything is wrong and I've rechecked my mail() parameters.

Any help is appreciated.

JTD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.