GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mail script problems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/05/09 at 18:06
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Is anyone else not receiving e-mails sent via their mail() scripts or is it just me?

Last e-mail received was on 10/5/2009 at 07:38. My scripts haven't changed and normal e-mail via smtp/pop works OK.

Network status pages don't suggest anything is wrong and I've rechecked my mail() parameters.

Any help is appreciated.

JTD
Sat 16/05/09 at 19:52
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> update:
> FORM submissions still haven't arrived :¬(
>
> I hope they haven't been lost...
>
>
>
>
>
> Search Freeola
> Chat

Test message sent at 19.49....received at 19.50...seems to working now Hmmm :-)
Sat 16/05/09 at 19:51
Regular
"wheres the Any Key?"
hiya all,

ive always had this problem with online web apps, when i say always i mean since ive been writing my own scripts which is about 18 months now, when i send test emails they take anything from a few minutes to several hrs to come through, a few weeks back i started using freeola's mailing form and its just the same.

I have not read throught this thread from start to finish but the delay between sending and recieving has been around for at least 18 months but don't worry Hmmm cos all emails will arrive eventually.

When i first noticed this delay i just thought thats the way it is when using online mail forms as ive never had a delay prob when using email clients to send emails.
Sat 16/05/09 at 17:23
"Are you sure?"
update:
FORM submissions still haven't arrived :¬(

I hope they haven't been lost...

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 15/05/09 at 17:10
"Are you sure?"
Hi motomoto,
Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping you would be able to work out from the backlog approx. how long it would be before everything has caught up.

I worked out the 'wait' bit on my own! :¬P

Shame that the Status Page doesn't mention the problem as I always advise my clients to check there...

Search Freeola Chat
Fri 15/05/09 at 15:59
Staff
"The Killer Techie"
Hi Hmmm...

Sorry I took a while today :(, if you want the quickest reply a ticket is the way to go :).

I believe the problem is now solved, as you can imagine across all of our free e-mail servers there was a bit of a queue... My suggestion would be to wait i'm afraid :(

EDIT:
Hmmm... wrote:
> New emails via 'form_mail' are coming through fine, but ones
> submitted earlier during the problem (by real
> customers/visitors!) haven't arrived yet.
>
> I remember when these problems last occurred Freeola saying that
> new monitoring systems etc. had been put in place. Can someone
> please say what the current situation is and when customers can
> expect submitted emails to arrive?

The problem is still as I said previously, it was a user who's account was used to send a vast amount of messages. Now these messages have been cleared, the messages should all be being re-sent as we speak :).
Fri 15/05/09 at 12:51
"Are you sure?"
Sorry to nag...

Would it possible to have an update on this?

I can see submissions from the 13th but I'm still waiting for the email to arrive :¬(

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 14/05/09 at 18:36
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Hmmm... wrote:
> New emails via 'form_mail' are coming through fine, but ones
> submitted earlier during the problem (by real
> customers/visitors!) haven't arrived yet.
>

My test message, not of any real importance, has actually arrived! It arrived at 16.48 today
Thu 14/05/09 at 17:54
"Are you sure?"
New emails via 'form_mail' are coming through fine, but ones submitted earlier during the problem (by real customers/visitors!) haven't arrived yet.

I remember when these problems last occurred Freeola saying that new monitoring systems etc. had been put in place. Can someone please say what the current situation is and when customers can expect submitted emails to arrive?

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Wed 13/05/09 at 22:06
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
JimTheDog wrote:
> New e-mails (since 19:57) seem to be coming through quickly once
> more though I've not yet received any of the ones sent after
> Sunday morning.
>
> Many thanks
>
> JTD

Still eagerly awaiting my test message @ 22.05 :-(
Wed 13/05/09 at 20:31
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
New e-mails (since 19:57) seem to be coming through quickly once more though I've not yet received any of the ones sent after Sunday morning.

Many thanks

JTD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.