GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"mail script problems?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/05/09 at 18:06
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Is anyone else not receiving e-mails sent via their mail() scripts or is it just me?

Last e-mail received was on 10/5/2009 at 07:38. My scripts haven't changed and normal e-mail via smtp/pop works OK.

Network status pages don't suggest anything is wrong and I've rechecked my mail() parameters.

Any help is appreciated.

JTD
Sun 24/05/09 at 15:27
Staff Moderator
"Freeola Ltd"
Yes please read the reply in your other post. Posting about the same issue in several different threads only causes confusion and multiple opinions.

Keep it to the one thread, and you shall receive all the help you need.
Sun 24/05/09 at 14:19
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
oldun wrote:
> For what it is worth I can report that e-mails from forms and the
> formmail.php script are coming through instantly - as long as the
> site is NOT hosted on Freeola's VIP server. I have had to divert
> my forms and formmail traffic away from the VIP server and on to
> a dial-up Freeola site because the VIP server suppresses all
> outgoing e-mails that are not hosted by Freeola. So if you have
> a form and need to send an e-mail of its contents to, say
> virgin.net, or btinternet.com, well, forget it because the VIP
> server will not forward them. The helpdesk work around of using
> a Freeola e-mail address on a Freeola but non-VIP server and then
> forwarding from it does not work either - I have tried it.
> Come along Freeola: there would be no road accidents if the
> police confiscated all our ignition keys. There will be no
> hacking problem if Freeola control the functioning e-mail
> addresses - but there will be no customers either!!

Bit harsh.....read your other post and try to alter your form as suggested :-)
Sun 24/05/09 at 14:15
Regular
"Become a veteran"
For what it is worth I can report that e-mails from forms and the formmail.php script are coming through instantly - as long as the site is NOT hosted on Freeola's VIP server. I have had to divert my forms and formmail traffic away from the VIP server and on to a dial-up Freeola site because the VIP server suppresses all outgoing e-mails that are not hosted by Freeola. So if you have a form and need to send an e-mail of its contents to, say virgin.net, or btinternet.com, well, forget it because the VIP server will not forward them. The helpdesk work around of using a Freeola e-mail address on a Freeola but non-VIP server and then forwarding from it does not work either - I have tried it.
Come along Freeola: there would be no road accidents if the police confiscated all our ignition keys. There will be no hacking problem if Freeola control the functioning e-mail addresses - but there will be no customers either!!
Fri 22/05/09 at 13:22
Staff Moderator
"Show Me Your Moves"
As far as we are aware all mail queued on the server during the aforementioned two or three day period was received. Several test messages sent by support representatives during this time arrived a couple of days later and the message queue has now returned to normal levels.

If this is not the case and not all expected messages have been received, it is likely these have now been removed and we can only apologise for this inconvenience.

As stated previously the server and mail queue is now running as well as it has ever been, and all formmail sent since this issue is now being received promptly.
Fri 22/05/09 at 09:05
"Are you sure?"
ByteMe wrote:
> Have just started receiving complaints as to why we haven't
> responded to online enquiries submitted using the form mail
> script.

Glad it's not just me ;¬)

Would it be possible for Freeola to say if they are still expecting the missing mail to arrive or can they confirm it's been lost?

I'm trying to keep my Freeola hosted clients informed - but it's not easy...

Thanks in advance.

Search Freeola Chat
Thu 21/05/09 at 20:33
Regular
"Feather edged ..."
Sorry to hear your problem ByteMe, I cannot offer a solution but let's hope that Hmmm may read your post and fire some of his bullets :-)
Thu 21/05/09 at 20:24
Regular
"Gravity always wins"
Have just started receiving complaints as to why we haven't responded to online enquiries submitted using the form mail script.

Thought I would look in here to see if there have been any problems.

We received them ok up until 3pm on the 8th May then they resumed on the 13th May at 4.30pm.

They have certainly gone missing, unfortunately I have no idea HOW MANY have gone missing between those dates.

These are very important to us - is there any way Freeola can save bona fide messages when they get a spam attack rather than deleting everything?
Tue 19/05/09 at 09:48
"Are you sure?"
Emails from last week still haven't arrived...

Looking like some of the form submissions may have gone missing :(

Search Freeola Chat
Sun 17/05/09 at 09:07
"Are you sure?"
Dragonlance wrote:
> Test message sent at 19.49....received at 19.50...seems to
> working now Hmmm :-)

Hi DL, yes as I mentioned earlier, new submissions come through normally now it's just one's submitted during the problem period that haven't arrived.

JimTheDog - re. spam.
I'm sending 'samples' through to Freeola's abuse@ address (sent as attachments so the headers can be viewed) to hopefully get their filtered improved. The emails are sent to a selection of my Freeola domains not just accounts on the same domain and the spam is all on a similar 'theme'!

The Junk filter in MS Outlook manages to capture them all each day so it should be possible for Freeola's filters to do the same?! i.e. The senders details must be staying quite static.

Search Freeola Chat
Sat 16/05/09 at 21:34
Regular
"Ctrl, Alt, Woof"
Hmmm... FYI - form mails submitted during 'the lost days' have not arrived for me either.

Dragonlance/Tappet - the form mails started to work again shortly after I reported the original problem but e-mails sent after Sunday (10/5) morning but before approx 20:00 hrs on Wednesday (13/5) still haven't arrived. Luckily for me I know the general content of the mails but it looks like Hmmm... is missing important correspondence.

Also (quoting Hmmm...)
> I've seen a rise in SPAM recently and have sent many examples to
> Freeola's abuse@ address so there's a chance things are just
> swamped?

Is it still worth sending a copy of all spam to the abuse address? I get about half a dozen per day and would glady pass them on if I thought it would be of any use.

JTD

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.