GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Vengeance Results - Spoilers"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 28/07/03 at 11:38
Regular
WWE Championship - Winner: KURT ANGLE! YAAAAAAAAAS!

Vince beat Zach Gowen

Sable beat Stephanie

Undertaker beat Cena

Jamie Knoble beat Mr.Ass

US Championship - Winner: Eddie Guerrero

The World's Greatest Tag Team beat Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio

Bradshaw won the APA Bar Room Brawl

So, on the whole, it sounds ok. Angle winning is a good decision the WWE have made, and Eddie vs Benoit would've been great. The tag match was probably of good quality as well. Taker beating Cena is crap though, and that monkey Sable shouldn't be allowed in the ring. Ah well.
Tue 29/07/03 at 23:45
Regular
"bWo > You"
I seem to remember Triple H putting on two terrible matches against Scott Steiner, and then Jericho (a much better wrestler, if we're honest) make Steiner look as close to a million bucks as Steiner has in his entire (short) WWE career. There's no reason why Kurt couldn't do a better job than Vince. In fact, I'd be shocked if Kurt couldn't put on a better match with Zach than Vince did - after all, Vince is hardly a trained career wrestler, is he?
Tue 29/07/03 at 23:34
Regular
Come on, Vince killed Zach so Angle will have no problem with him, it will be one sided from the start :(
Tue 29/07/03 at 23:30
Regular
"bWo > You"
True, he would have difficulty with the speed issue, but I'm afraid they'll be the only ones that can really get the best out of him, except for possibly Kurt Angle, and I'm afraid Kurt Angle's booked up for the next few months...
Tue 29/07/03 at 23:11
Regular
Zach Gowen against a cruiserweight? The guy will get killed, they'll be way too fast for him.
Tue 29/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
"bWo > You"
True, that's not many moves, Lipe, but again that's more due to poor booking - this guy belongs with the cruiserweights, not the fattest guy on the payroll. He needs a Rey Mysterio-style wrestler to be able to get the best out of him: innovation and thoughtful offence, otherwise he'll only have those moves to resort to.
Tue 29/07/03 at 22:10
Regular
Those are all great points LL. I don't think he's a loser but I also don't think he should wrestle, and there's no way he can put on a main event. From the times I've seen him in the ring all he's done is a dropkick, a moonsault and he threw himself at one wrestler but that's about it. If you count punches there you go that one more but that's not alot is it?
Tue 29/07/03 at 21:52
Regular
"bWo > You"
Tazz wrote:
> Why does anyone like Zach anyway? from what I
> can see he hasn't overcome ANY obstacle. Sure, you can loose your leg,
> but that doesn't mean you can't give the rest of your body the odd
> work-out! I mean, has this guy really ever done anything but learn how
> to wrestle on one leg (poorly I might add) and sit on his backside
> until the chance for a contract came along? Exactly. Loser by name,
> loser by damn nature!

Well, he's hardly sat on his backside waiting for a contract - this guy's had to climb the ranks just like everyone else. And you try doing that with one frickin' leg! I don't agree with pushing the guy to main-event level immediately, or making the only point of liking him the fact that he's got one leg. Yes, it will always be a talking point, but there's no need to parade him around like a freak show.

However, what also is wrong is calling him a 'loser' merely because he only has one leg. Zach has the opportunity to bring some innovation into the promotion, trying to find different ways to beat people with his handicap. He accomplished a hell of a lot for a guy who continually gets berated by people like your good self. I would argue that watching him has not been great TV, granted, but that's more due to poor booking than the wrestler himself. I admit I haven't seen too much of his in-ring work, but what I've seen of him is highly watchable. He needs to be given a good couple of feuds to prove whether he sinks or swims in the promotion. I know one thing for sure, he's better to watch than some of the SmackDown! roster (I'm looking at you, A-Train).
Tue 29/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Guess who..."
Raven-ous wrote:
> Sorry to rain on your parade, but as far as I can see, this PPV was
> pretty poor.
> At least half the matches shouldn't have been booked at all.(don't
> make me name and shame!)
>
> Bah.
>
> Angle as champ is good. Let me just clear up, he's a FACE
> now?(mistakemistakemistakemistake)
> Anyone remember last time he was a face?
> No.
> Exactly.

Yeah. Around the time the Invasion story-line was about. I got a question too, and like-wise, I am going to answer it myself without allowing any opportunity for an expression of public opinion.

Anyone remember the last time somebody called "Raven-ous" entered our forum and claimed himself to be a "WCW Maestro"?
No.
Exactly.

...nuff said.
Tue 29/07/03 at 20:42
Regular
"Guess who..."
Lipe wrote:
> Tazz hates him and his opinion is never going to change, unless Zach
> does something drastic and impressive :P

Yeah, like dies!
Tue 29/07/03 at 20:26
Regular
"Far Beyond Metal"
Yep. Sounds like it was a good PPV. Maybe not worth £15, but still good. Yey. I didn't think Angle would win the title! Glad he did though. That sounds like the highlight of the night to me. Oh, and Eddie becoming the US Champion. :)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.