GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Duff and Bridge join chelsea!!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 20:07
Regular
Who is your daddy! roman abramovich! thats who. First he did the right side of the team! now the left. Next week ........the centre!

ChelseaFC have just confirmed th signing the signing of duff a few minutes ago and confirmed bridge earlier today!:

(chelseafc.com)

Chelsea have broken our record transfer fee paid for a player and taken today’s total spending to £24 million with the signing of Republic of Ireland international Damien Duff.

The £17 million paid to Blackburn Rovers eclipses the amount received by Atletico Madrid for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink three years ago by £2 million.

Blackburn gave permission for Chelsea to talk to the 24 year-old last week and following negotiations and a medical successfully completed yesterday, a four year contract was agreed and signed this evening.

Damien, who generally played on the left wing for his former club but also performed as a central striker for his country in last summer’s World Cup, will now join Wayne Bridge in flying out to Malaysia to meet his new team-mates.
Thu 24/07/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
I understand what you're saying now. Williams isn't in the position to go up. But why criticise Pugh? He's played well for the reserves. He only underperformed in the Champs League match because he wasn't used to the atmosphere and struggled with nerves. You could see that easily. Plus the fact the team had high expectations placed on them, despite the fact it was basically a reserve team as to rest the stars for a domestic match.
Thu 24/07/03 at 16:14
Regular
neither will make the grade i guaraantee you. Ben wiliams is good, you have to be but so was rhys evans at chelsea or stephen bywater at west ham he just isn't good enough to break through. And besides will never be given a chance at united
Thu 24/07/03 at 13:46
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
What do you mean? Williams is a great player for the future.
I can see what you mean about Pugh, though, because I saw the match he played in the Champions league- he was just plain clumsy. But then, he's only young and will get better.
Thu 24/07/03 at 11:29
Regular
oh and williams is pretty crap, pugh is alright but won't make it in the premiership.

Only fletcher and richardson stand a chance from this generation.
Thu 24/07/03 at 11:25
Regular
"Taste My Pain"
Mooniaruck is apparently trialling with other clubs atm.
Thu 24/07/03 at 11:19
Regular
i believe united are trying to get rid of webber, theyve decided he's not good enough and are asking for 500k its looking like watford for him
Wed 23/07/03 at 19:49
Regular
"M4ke Luv"
All good players
Wed 23/07/03 at 19:24
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
And a few others- Pugh, Williams, Webber and Mooniaruck all have a lot of potential.
Wed 23/07/03 at 16:37
Regular
Absolu† Neó wrote:
> Watchout for Darren Fletcher, reminds me of Beckham when he was a
> Youth team player many years ago.
>
> Fergie did the same then when he got rid of Kanchelskis because he
> knew Becks would be take over that position and be 'better'
>
> Maybe he's done the same again?

not sure fletcher will make the top grade but keiran richardson looks interesting!
Wed 23/07/03 at 14:48
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
He could well be- par example, on Champ Manager 01/02 I was rotating Fletcher and Chadwick as utility midfielders- and Fletcher got the credible record of Played 4(3), Goals 2, Assists 2.

And he was even younger then!

Watch out Europe! :D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.