GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Duff and Bridge join chelsea!!!!!!!!"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 21/07/03 at 20:07
Regular
Who is your daddy! roman abramovich! thats who. First he did the right side of the team! now the left. Next week ........the centre!

ChelseaFC have just confirmed th signing the signing of duff a few minutes ago and confirmed bridge earlier today!:

(chelseafc.com)

Chelsea have broken our record transfer fee paid for a player and taken today’s total spending to £24 million with the signing of Republic of Ireland international Damien Duff.

The £17 million paid to Blackburn Rovers eclipses the amount received by Atletico Madrid for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink three years ago by £2 million.

Blackburn gave permission for Chelsea to talk to the 24 year-old last week and following negotiations and a medical successfully completed yesterday, a four year contract was agreed and signed this evening.

Damien, who generally played on the left wing for his former club but also performed as a central striker for his country in last summer’s World Cup, will now join Wayne Bridge in flying out to Malaysia to meet his new team-mates.
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:07
Regular
Who is your daddy! roman abramovich! thats who. First he did the right side of the team! now the left. Next week ........the centre!

ChelseaFC have just confirmed th signing the signing of duff a few minutes ago and confirmed bridge earlier today!:

(chelseafc.com)

Chelsea have broken our record transfer fee paid for a player and taken today’s total spending to £24 million with the signing of Republic of Ireland international Damien Duff.

The £17 million paid to Blackburn Rovers eclipses the amount received by Atletico Madrid for Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink three years ago by £2 million.

Blackburn gave permission for Chelsea to talk to the 24 year-old last week and following negotiations and a medical successfully completed yesterday, a four year contract was agreed and signed this evening.

Damien, who generally played on the left wing for his former club but also performed as a central striker for his country in last summer’s World Cup, will now join Wayne Bridge in flying out to Malaysia to meet his new team-mates.
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:34
Regular
"not dead"
Who next?

I reckon you could do with a proven goalscorer (As Jimmy's out of favour for some reason?)

Too many more addditions though, and it'll take too long to gel the team together.

It's good to see Chelsea buy British though, after being so heavily criticised for their legions of foreigners in the past, with only Geremi being not of Great Britain.

It'll be an interesting season to them. Whether they'll improve on 4th place though, remians to be seen.
Mon 21/07/03 at 20:48
Regular
Meka Dragon wrote:
> Who next?
>
> I reckon you could do with a proven goalscorer (As Jimmy's out of
> favour for some reason?)
>
> Too many more addditions though, and it'll take too long to gel the
> team together.
>
> It's good to see Chelsea buy British though, after being so heavily
> criticised for their legions of foreigners in the past, with only
> Geremi being not of Great Britain.
>
> It'll be an interesting season to them. Whether they'll improve on 4th
> place though, remians to be seen.

Good old British Payers, the best in the business!!

They might have a chance of beating 4th place, I don't honestly know!!
Tue 22/07/03 at 06:43
Regular
Looks like Chelski is gunna be one heck of a younger side next year, compared to last season anyway. Bridge is one of my favourite players, glad he's gone to my favourite Premiership side.

Yes, Wycombe are my number one team but I still have all my Chelsea shirts etc and all this Chelsea merchandise, so I guess I can still call them my Premiership side.

Go Roman...now buy out Wycombe, sack Sanchez and hire Vialli for us. :cD
Tue 22/07/03 at 10:37
Regular
We have done amazingly well in the transfer market so well but, the priority position still to sort out. The Defence is easily the best in the league and now has depth, up front we have plenty of options, there is every chance hasselbaink will start scoring freely again but even if he doesn't Mikael Forssell is looking pretty prolific and there is young cole to intergrate,A new proven forward would be nice and would help a lot but i'm not sure its essential. Midfield was chelsea's weakest area and that has improved so much over the summer with geremi and duff 2 of last seasons best wide players, Lampard is functioning well and is becoming the player we hoped he would, however we still lack the holding midfielder! This was always going to be the most important signing and we haven't made it yet, we need a viera or keane to drive the team on and petit isn't the man for the job, although he is competent we need world class if we are going to be the best, as far as i am concerned it needs to be one of:

Ballack
Davids
Emerson
Viera (unlikely)
Baraja

although there are others definitely worth a look like Xabi alonso or gennaro gattuso who would suit the job well who i'd also be delighted to have at the bridge. Once we have a world class holding midfielder then its time to start getting carried away, we will have strength in the midfield something we haven't had since gullit-di matteo! Combined with strong options at the back and options up front we'll be in with a chance.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:38
Done well in the transfer market?

Between Bridge and Duff, you've been ripped off to the tune of about £8-10 million.

Duff himself said that the transfer fee being paid for him was ridiculously high.

What Chelsea are unconsciously doing is giving other teams enough of their money to build squads that can challenge them.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:50
Regular
nonsense, there are only 4 clubs in the league who giving money to wiil harm us they are: arsenal, man utd, liverpool, newcastle. We haven't given a penny to any of these clubs and so they cannot strengthen from us. Blackburn got about 4 mill more than they should have, but thats life and he could still be worth it if he measures up to his potential. Bridge was a steal we paid pretty much the minumum i would have expected for him as he is 22 and english and a class act, I have absolutely no objection to this. With Geremi I think we paid slightly less than we should as he is actually amazing , he can cross so well and take set pieces. I'm not sure about Johnson and I'll wait a while before i pass judgement on him. Chelsea's flanks are so much stronger than last year it is unbelievable. we have bought young and we've bought players with their best years ahead of them.
Tue 22/07/03 at 11:56
Actually, I think you will find that giving money to any team OTHER than the current top three is giving it to a team that can use it to become much stronger than they already are.
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:02
Regular
no it won't, especially blackburn. 17 mill will do very little for them they will be weaker than last year even if they spend it properly.

They made 22 mill from selling dunn and duff who are there best 2 players by a country mile they can't replace them for that money especially when claudio reyna and steve mcmanaman are there proposed targets!
Tue 22/07/03 at 12:28
Some premiership teams are built for less than half what Blackburn have received in the transfer market this season. If you seriously believe that they can't use that cash to strengthen their squad, you're a fool.

Viera was bought for around £5 million
Cantona bought for £1 million

rah dada dada. I could give you a huge list of player bought for bargain prices that have had a massive impact on the game, but if you can't see that big money transfers aren't the only way to gain the services of quality players, it's quite frankly not worth talking to you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.