GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forensics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
I have been watching various forensic programs for some time now, while watching them I have learned many tips and ways to avoid capture by the police. It is very possible that criminal master minds could use these programs as a way to plan out how they are going to do a crime and not get caught.

For instance, I saw a program about a man who got caught because he left a footprint. Any criminal with half a brain watching this program would do everything to stop them leaving foortprints behind.

It's the same with practically any other clues that you may leave for the police forensic teams to find, fingerprints, bullet casings, blood, DNA the list goes on and on, but by watching these programs, I have almost formed a way to commit the perfect crime, and how to get away with it. Of course, I could never guarantee that I wouldn't get captured if I ever attempted to commit a crime such as this, but you would certainly give the police a tough job. If you planned it out enough, depending on what the crime was, you could even commit it unnoticed by the police.

What does everyone else think?
Fri 18/07/03 at 17:20
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> Surely it's all common sense anyway? If I were to commit a crime (dun
> dun dun duuuuun... dun dun) then it'd be obvious to me to wear gloves,
> not leave anything lying around, or even go as far as to burn my
> clothes or get rid of them another way.

Yes, but people have been caught in the most unpredicatable ways, like taking fingerprints from a corpse, and figuring out which wirecutters were used to cut a fence. Not all common sense, some of it is luck, and some of it is planning.
Fri 18/07/03 at 17:21
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
unpredictable*
Fri 18/07/03 at 17:31
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
The best way to commit a crime, is to commit a crime that no one knows about, and that if someone did find out, the evidence would point to someone else. Even if they find your DNA at the crime scene, does it mean you commited the crime? Unless you had no reason to be there, and had never been there before then it probably does, but what if you know the victim and visit their house regularly. Unless the DNA was recovered from a blood splatter, or from the dead body (ie DNA would be all over the victim of a rape) then it's not proof that you were the killer or rapist etc. If the police went to the house of a friend I regularly visit, they would be able to find loads DNA, on console controllers, door handles, a single hair that fell from my head onto the floor etc. You can turn the tables to make it difficult for the forensic team and easier for you. Innocent until proven guilty.
Fri 18/07/03 at 20:32
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Duh ! If in some bizarre world your friend was murdered by you, and the police found no evidence of anyone else being there, it'd be rather suspicious and they'd be looking at you for it. Most murders are comitted by someone who knows the victim relatively well.

If we go back to your own example, the body of your friend would be found in the house. No forced entry. Hence they'd know that whoever it ws was known by the victim. Absence of any traces of anyone but you. Your in the frame again !

Then of course you have the random elements of any crime. Timothy Mcveigh - caught by a traffic cop. Predict that.
Fri 18/07/03 at 20:47
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Hercules! wrote:
Most crime dude people are hobos or whatever though, who wouldnt know
> what the TV programs are going on about.

Heh - watch that, you sounded a bit like Cubist.
Fri 18/07/03 at 21:49
Regular
Skorp1on wrote:

"What does everyone else think?"

I'm in. When do we strike?
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:45
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Ok Grix, we need about 200 people and 20 vans. We all go to a petrol staion late at night and walk in, take everything and drive off. One cashier can't stop 200 people. It can't fail...
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:47
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Practical Magic wrote:
> Duh ! If in some bizarre world your friend was murdered by you, and
> the police found no evidence of anyone else being there, it'd be
> rather suspicious and they'd be looking at you for it. Most murders
> are comitted by someone who knows the victim relatively well.
>
> If we go back to your own example, the body of your friend would be
> found in the house. No forced entry. Hence they'd know that whoever it
> ws was known by the victim. Absence of any traces of anyone but you.
> Your in the frame again !
>
Yes, but if you thought about it and planned it, you could make it look like forced entry, and make it look like someone else murdered the friend.
Fri 18/07/03 at 22:54
Regular
Skorp1on wrote:
> Ok Grix, we need about 200 people and 20 vans. We all go to a petrol
> staion late at night and walk in, take everything and drive off. One
> cashier can't stop 200 people. It can't fail...

As an ex-petrol monkey, I have insider knowledge.

We get one button to sound an alarm in the police station, a direct line, and a button to close the door so it's fricking impossible to get out again (unless you find the button and give it a quater-turn clockwise...).
Then if the cashier nips into the back half of the building they'll be seperated from you all by sturdy security doors, and be able to step out through the fire escape.

In short, you need me to be in on it :^D
Fri 18/07/03 at 23:01
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Your in, we need at least 200 anyway. Don't worry about lockdown counter measures, my 12 gauge should handle them, if not some of my gelignite should do the trick...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.