GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Forensics"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 17/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
I have been watching various forensic programs for some time now, while watching them I have learned many tips and ways to avoid capture by the police. It is very possible that criminal master minds could use these programs as a way to plan out how they are going to do a crime and not get caught.

For instance, I saw a program about a man who got caught because he left a footprint. Any criminal with half a brain watching this program would do everything to stop them leaving foortprints behind.

It's the same with practically any other clues that you may leave for the police forensic teams to find, fingerprints, bullet casings, blood, DNA the list goes on and on, but by watching these programs, I have almost formed a way to commit the perfect crime, and how to get away with it. Of course, I could never guarantee that I wouldn't get captured if I ever attempted to commit a crime such as this, but you would certainly give the police a tough job. If you planned it out enough, depending on what the crime was, you could even commit it unnoticed by the police.

What does everyone else think?
Thu 17/07/03 at 21:41
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I have been watching various forensic programs for some time now, while watching them I have learned many tips and ways to avoid capture by the police. It is very possible that criminal master minds could use these programs as a way to plan out how they are going to do a crime and not get caught.

For instance, I saw a program about a man who got caught because he left a footprint. Any criminal with half a brain watching this program would do everything to stop them leaving foortprints behind.

It's the same with practically any other clues that you may leave for the police forensic teams to find, fingerprints, bullet casings, blood, DNA the list goes on and on, but by watching these programs, I have almost formed a way to commit the perfect crime, and how to get away with it. Of course, I could never guarantee that I wouldn't get captured if I ever attempted to commit a crime such as this, but you would certainly give the police a tough job. If you planned it out enough, depending on what the crime was, you could even commit it unnoticed by the police.

What does everyone else think?
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Hmmm....."
There will always be *something* left at a crime scene but it could be the tiniest thing. Just makes the forensic team longer to find it.

Those who commit the crimes could get very good though, from watching these type of program. Its a reason why some people are against the fact that some things we see on TV are too... real. Or something.

Most crime dude people are hobos or whatever though, who wouldnt know what the TV programs are going on about.
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:08
Regular
"Not a Jew"
I have pondered those same thoughts many times as well, Skorp1on, and I think the same as you do.
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:24
Regular
Of course, there'd be a lot that could go wrong, it's pretty tough to plan for every eventuality.
Plus if someone's going into it without experience, can you trust them (/yourself) not to screw up or lose their cool?

And could you get hold of everything you'd need? Discretely?

Then again, there seems to be pleanty of stuff that goes unsolved. It's certainly possible to slip through the net...

*Makes mental note not to offend Skorpion or RoJ*

:^)
Thu 17/07/03 at 22:25
Regular
"Not a Jew"
*makes a mental note to find out Dr.Ducks home address*
:D
Thu 17/07/03 at 23:07
Regular
"That's right!"
Surely it's all common sense anyway? If I were to commit a crime (dun dun dun duuuuun... dun dun) then it'd be obvious to me to wear gloves, not leave anything lying around, or even go as far as to burn my clothes or get rid of them another way.
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:40
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Personally, from watching prgrams like CSI, I cam away with the impression that no matter what a criminal does, there is ALWAYS evidence somewhere, somehow. But then you have to bear in mind that the average real crime scene units have nothing like the resources or time to concentrate on so few cases at one time. Either way, it's rare for someone to escape being found out completely, and you never know when a new technique like DNA fingerprinting is going to be used.
Fri 18/07/03 at 11:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Yeah, I agree with PM insofar that it would take a very special criminal to leave behind no evidence of his crime. Forensics these days are fairly amazing and even one hair could nab the culprit - there is invariably some type of clue left behind. The real question is whether the police can match the DNA structure to anyone on their database. If you've not committed a crime before, chances are they'll have nothing on you therefore they won't get you. However, if you are linked in some way to the crime, there's more of a chance of getting caught. I.e. killing someone you know is going to be difficult but killing a complete stranger for no motive and you could get away, scot free.

Remember that American woman that was knifed to death in Victoria Park in Hackney, London? They still haven't caught the killer - they reckon he just committed a random killing with no motive.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:01
It's not a case of leaving "no evidence", any criminal worth his salt takes account of such forensic programmes to learn how to leave "the right kind" of evidence, so that there will be "irrefutable" proof that it was actually someone else.
Fri 18/07/03 at 12:04
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Twiddly wrote:
> It's not a case of leaving "no evidence", any criminal worth
> his salt takes account of such forensic programmes to learn how to
> leave "the right kind" of evidence, so that there will be
> "irrefutable" proof that it was actually someone else.

But you can't fake DNA to be anybody but you. The only perfect crime possible is if you are in control of the agencies who respond to crime in the first place.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.