GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF Roster Too Large??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/02/01 at 17:52
Regular
As we've been seing lately, talented wrestlers like D'lo Brown, Chaz, K-Kwik, Tazz and even Too Cool, are not being used very much, due to the huge roster of the WWF.

Now, there's no problem with having a big roster, but the WWF are set to sign 3 more wreslters from other companies!!

ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) haven't put on a show since January 4th, and are failing due to the lack of money.
So, the WWF have decided to snap up three of their top superstars: Justin Credible, Rhino and Jerry Lynn.
Justin Credible appeared on RAW last night on the side of X-Pac in the USA. Credible is a former ECW Heavyweight Champion, and probably ECW's best talent.

Rhino, who is set for WWF Television very soon, IS the current ECW Heavyweight AND Television Champion.

Jerry Lynn will also appear soon, and he is also big in the ECW.

The WWF are also trying to sign up WCW's top wreslter Goldberg, and other superstars from WCW.

Now is it me, or are the WWF either getting greedy, or have too much talent for their own good??

Of course, the WWF is better than WCW and ECW, but these other federations have a lot of fans, and if WWF just start stealing there wrestlers, we'll end up with just one big federation and too many wrestlers!!

Also, I feel that the WWF concentrates too much on the big superstars such as The Rock, Angle, HHH, Austin, Taker, Kane and Y2J.

I mean, you could easily fit 2 matches such as Too Cool vs Lo-Down and K-Kwik vs Tazz, instead of a 20 minute interview to sort out the main event for RAW and Smackdown!

It may be some people's views, that the interviews are better, but what about the average WWF fan?? What about people like me, who support teams such as Too Cool??

What are your views on this topic??

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 14/06/01 at 19:02
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> Well this has turned into a commentator topic, still you should talk
> about the roster too!

Paul Heyman is pretty much the same as King
> was. He sucks up to the boss and fancies all the chicks. JR is
> pretty boring if you ask me!

Did you know that the WWF told Paul Heyman to take a similar role to the king eg. fancying the women, siding with the bad guys like Ice Blaster said.
Probably so that Paul and JR would have something to say and argue about.
weird huh.
Thu 14/06/01 at 18:25
Regular
"Back in black"
Well this has turned into a commentator topic, still you should talk about the roster too!

Paul Heyman is pretty much the same as King was. He sucks up to the boss and fancies all the chicks. JR is pretty boring if you ask me!
Thu 14/06/01 at 18:10
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
Does anyone remember when Vince Mcmahon used to commentate ha ha, he was so over the top with everything he said, he would exagurate all the time much like Jim Ross does now and again. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Has anyone noticed that when Jim Ross gets really excited his voice sounds as though he has a frog stuck in his throat ha ha, take Armageddon for instance when they were all on top of the cage and it looked as though H H H was going to get knocked off the top, you couldn't understand him hardly lol.
He's still a good commentator though.
Thu 14/06/01 at 17:31
Regular
"One More Chance"
Ice Blaster wrote:
> Tazz could be European champ for a while, but i always liked him as
> a Hardcore champion, he was very good at it!

who are the current
> commentators:
Tazz
Jim Ross
Paul Heyman
Mike Cole
Mike
> Hayes
Johnathan Coachman
????

You missed of Kevin Kelly. I think Paul Heyman is the best commentator.
Thu 14/06/01 at 17:18
Regular
"Back in black"
Tazz could be European champ for a while, but i always liked him as a Hardcore champion, he was very good at it!

who are the current commentators:
Tazz
Jim Ross
Paul Heyman
Mike Cole
Mike Hayes
Johnathan Coachman
????
Thu 14/06/01 at 17:13
Regular
"One More Chance"
First of all i think Tazz should stop being a commentator and be given a push as a title holder like European or even Intercontinantel?
Thu 14/06/01 at 16:55
Regular
"Back in black"
Thought i would bring this forum back up, as it is still a big topic for the WWF.

WWF's roster was very big when they started this topic, but with Road Dogg and Grand Master sexay fired, Lawler and Kat walking out, Viscera, D'lo, Chaz, Headbangers, Mideon, Mean street posse and the British Bulldog all having there contracts terminated, the roster has decreased some what. Also with the new WCW, some less used superstars may be of there. This would sort out the current roster.

It is godd to see some good talent such as Jericho and Benoit have been pushed to main event status. We also saw the Hardyz have a push a month or so back. We seem to see less or wrestler like Crash, Blackman and Tazz now, so i think they could be used more. What do you lot think
Fri 23/02/01 at 23:17
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
But has anyone else noticed that the most enjoyable matchs rarely feature the Rock, Undertaker, Kane, or Stone Cold? HHH is better, because of his wide range of ground moves, but his protecting steph is getting boring.

The best matches of the last year have been the Hardy/Dudley/E+C Ladder matchs, and the Jericho VS Benoit matches. Note none of these involve stone cold or the rock.
Fri 23/02/01 at 11:42
Regular
"Back in black"
Its good to see that the wwf forum has come to life again, it was so boring! but newayegg guy has a good point about high flying moves not being special if evry1 was doing them! and i think the rock has gr8 in ring abilities! i mean who can take a stunner like the rock can, he basicaly flys!!!! the rock just makes me laff evy time i see him and that what wwf is about, entertaining the fans!
Fri 23/02/01 at 11:09
Regular
"I like cheese"
chrizzyt wrote:
> the rock dont do top rope moves because he aint a high flyer! when
> do u see HHH nad SCSA do top ropes, end of story!

Well actually, I have seen Austin nail the Austin Elbow Drop a few times, and HHH has such a huge range of ground moves (unlike Rock), that he doesn't need top rope moves.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.