GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"WWF Roster Too Large??"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/02/01 at 17:52
Regular
As we've been seing lately, talented wrestlers like D'lo Brown, Chaz, K-Kwik, Tazz and even Too Cool, are not being used very much, due to the huge roster of the WWF.

Now, there's no problem with having a big roster, but the WWF are set to sign 3 more wreslters from other companies!!

ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) haven't put on a show since January 4th, and are failing due to the lack of money.
So, the WWF have decided to snap up three of their top superstars: Justin Credible, Rhino and Jerry Lynn.
Justin Credible appeared on RAW last night on the side of X-Pac in the USA. Credible is a former ECW Heavyweight Champion, and probably ECW's best talent.

Rhino, who is set for WWF Television very soon, IS the current ECW Heavyweight AND Television Champion.

Jerry Lynn will also appear soon, and he is also big in the ECW.

The WWF are also trying to sign up WCW's top wreslter Goldberg, and other superstars from WCW.

Now is it me, or are the WWF either getting greedy, or have too much talent for their own good??

Of course, the WWF is better than WCW and ECW, but these other federations have a lot of fans, and if WWF just start stealing there wrestlers, we'll end up with just one big federation and too many wrestlers!!

Also, I feel that the WWF concentrates too much on the big superstars such as The Rock, Angle, HHH, Austin, Taker, Kane and Y2J.

I mean, you could easily fit 2 matches such as Too Cool vs Lo-Down and K-Kwik vs Tazz, instead of a 20 minute interview to sort out the main event for RAW and Smackdown!

It may be some people's views, that the interviews are better, but what about the average WWF fan?? What about people like me, who support teams such as Too Cool??

What are your views on this topic??

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Wed 14/02/01 at 17:52
Regular
"I like cheese"
As we've been seing lately, talented wrestlers like D'lo Brown, Chaz, K-Kwik, Tazz and even Too Cool, are not being used very much, due to the huge roster of the WWF.

Now, there's no problem with having a big roster, but the WWF are set to sign 3 more wreslters from other companies!!

ECW (Extreme Championship Wrestling) haven't put on a show since January 4th, and are failing due to the lack of money.
So, the WWF have decided to snap up three of their top superstars: Justin Credible, Rhino and Jerry Lynn.
Justin Credible appeared on RAW last night on the side of X-Pac in the USA. Credible is a former ECW Heavyweight Champion, and probably ECW's best talent.

Rhino, who is set for WWF Television very soon, IS the current ECW Heavyweight AND Television Champion.

Jerry Lynn will also appear soon, and he is also big in the ECW.

The WWF are also trying to sign up WCW's top wreslter Goldberg, and other superstars from WCW.

Now is it me, or are the WWF either getting greedy, or have too much talent for their own good??

Of course, the WWF is better than WCW and ECW, but these other federations have a lot of fans, and if WWF just start stealing there wrestlers, we'll end up with just one big federation and too many wrestlers!!

Also, I feel that the WWF concentrates too much on the big superstars such as The Rock, Angle, HHH, Austin, Taker, Kane and Y2J.

I mean, you could easily fit 2 matches such as Too Cool vs Lo-Down and K-Kwik vs Tazz, instead of a 20 minute interview to sort out the main event for RAW and Smackdown!

It may be some people's views, that the interviews are better, but what about the average WWF fan?? What about people like me, who support teams such as Too Cool??

What are your views on this topic??

Thanks for reading, Ant.
Thu 15/02/01 at 11:26
Regular
"not dead"
It is getting rather too big, isn't it?

And what with the return of Shawn Michaels very soon, what are they going to do?

I imagine they'll have to introduce some new cometition or belt, to keep the minor stars happy.

Though that said, they barely ever mention the Light Heavyweight Title, and the European Title is often forgotten.
Thu 15/02/01 at 18:39
Regular
say what now! HBK is returning?! quality.
Thu 15/02/01 at 19:20
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I think the WWF should fire Stone Cold, The Rock, Kane, and the Undertaker, and give Test, Kaienti, and a few guys with wrestling ability some more big matches.

How many different moves have you seen The Rock and Stone cold pull off in the last year? Think about it.
Thu 15/02/01 at 19:25
Regular
yeah but aint about how they wrestle...its about how they walk the walk and talk the talk
Thu 15/02/01 at 21:40
Regular
"I like cheese"
I must say, The Rock has hardly any wrestling talent.

Yeah, he can run his mouth and lift hid eyebrow, but the range of his moves is tiny!!

Rock's moves are: Rock Bottom, People's Elbow, DDT, Belly to belly suplex, Laying The Smackdown, Samoan Drop and errrr..... hmmmm....

Not many, is it?

Taker and Kane have too many specials, and with Stone Cold, it's the Stunner all the damn time!!

Also, all the big guys talk waaaaay too much.
Sat 17/02/01 at 22:45
Regular
big show is the worst....all he does is headbutt
Sun 18/02/01 at 08:05
I agree the wwf is getting too greedy. I mean k-kwik and tazz came in had 2 matches and now you only see them once every month. Also how many times has Raw or Smackdown actually kicked off with a good match its the same every time Vince coming down to the ringing talking about fairness and then starts setting the main events and by that time its time for them to start anyway. What id give to see a good old hardcore royal between Tzz, crash,k-kwik,kaintai,blackman and the other wrestlers that are being neglected.

As for rhino and credible coming in to the wwf thats a load of pants when you all ready have 55+ wrestlers of which you only use half!!!!!!11
Wed 21/02/01 at 21:34
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
I saw the Rock do a belly to back last night!
Wed 21/02/01 at 23:54
Ant wrote:
> I must say, The Rock has hardly any wrestling talent.

are you kidding? the Rock is the best wrestler at the moment. You think he has no talent, compare him getting hit to the Big Show getting hit, look who reacts\doesn't. The reason the Rock is so good is because he can take the pain as well as dish it and all the while make it look incredibly good.
>Yeah, he can run his mouth and lift his eyebrow!

This just shows he has more talent than just athletisism. Compare one of his interviews to those of others and you'll realise his are much better and funnier.

>Rock's moves are: Rock Bottom, People's Elbow, DDT, Belly to belly suplex, Laying The Smackdown, Samoan Drop

To be honest this is quite enough, I mean how many moves do Big Show and SCSA have.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.