GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Innit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
This is stupid now.

In the area I live, there are two gangs forming - a bigger one from Epsom, and a slightly smaller one from a small town near Epsom.

Now this is just annoying. Instead of having one or two people walking round, now pretty much every One-Stop has a group of about 25 people outside wearing Nickelson t-shirts and hats slanted up.

Now this isn't really a problem for me - I'm black, young, and fairly well built, so I don't get any trouble - people seem to respect black people more, so i usually just get a few nods and 'alright mate's if I cast my eyes round a crowd of them. However, it is still very intimidating, especially when approaching them or trying to get through them. It also means that at pretty much every train station and street corner there are these people, in bulk, being really loud and swearing a lot - and I've seen several people being terrorised by them.

I mean, it's ruidiculous. As I've said, it doesn't affect me in terms of intimidation or even them trying to raise me, but I do feel sorry for the people who aren't quite as sterotypically feared, as it must be very intimidating, sometimes even scary trying to walk past these people.

There is graffiti everywhere now - mainly people cussing the other gang or writing there gang's tag.

I know theres nothing I can do about it. I just wondered if any of you have stuff like this near you. And where will it lead? Are we going to see England's towns turned into a poor man's 1930's Chicago?
Sat 12/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
This is stupid now.

In the area I live, there are two gangs forming - a bigger one from Epsom, and a slightly smaller one from a small town near Epsom.

Now this is just annoying. Instead of having one or two people walking round, now pretty much every One-Stop has a group of about 25 people outside wearing Nickelson t-shirts and hats slanted up.

Now this isn't really a problem for me - I'm black, young, and fairly well built, so I don't get any trouble - people seem to respect black people more, so i usually just get a few nods and 'alright mate's if I cast my eyes round a crowd of them. However, it is still very intimidating, especially when approaching them or trying to get through them. It also means that at pretty much every train station and street corner there are these people, in bulk, being really loud and swearing a lot - and I've seen several people being terrorised by them.

I mean, it's ruidiculous. As I've said, it doesn't affect me in terms of intimidation or even them trying to raise me, but I do feel sorry for the people who aren't quite as sterotypically feared, as it must be very intimidating, sometimes even scary trying to walk past these people.

There is graffiti everywhere now - mainly people cussing the other gang or writing there gang's tag.

I know theres nothing I can do about it. I just wondered if any of you have stuff like this near you. And where will it lead? Are we going to see England's towns turned into a poor man's 1930's Chicago?
Sat 12/07/03 at 21:42
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
If it gets too far out of hand it will end up with lead filled corpses, just for some gangs respect, (oops, I mean weespect) and you'll get armed police patroling your streets, it's an ever increasing problem in many cities and towns.
Sat 12/07/03 at 21:51
Regular
What's the town near Epson?

Euell? Is that how it's spelt? :cD

Where are you from Asher, other side of Kingston?
Sat 12/07/03 at 21:51
Regular
Epsom
Sat 12/07/03 at 22:01
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Yea i had something like this in my area for as long as i know up until the last 6 months or so when it seems to have calmed down a little.

In one area there was one gang and they started fights with the other gang because they were starting to get into the drug scene and taking their money away from them. Couldn't go a week without someone getting shot or beaten up. On the other side of the road from my local newsagent there was often a big crowd of about 20 people infront of the other shop there with people having to force their way through them just to buy a newspaper or something. Luckily i'm about 6'4 and kinda built so they didn't try that much on me. Just a few little shoves in back and stuff nothing serious but other people would often get verbally and physically abused.

Then eventually after about 10 years of all this violence the police decided to do something and finally we're getting some sort of order again. I tell you i'll be so glad when i move to Canada.
Sat 12/07/03 at 22:22
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Near me there is a small village, and a lot of new houses were built there in a huge estate - over 100 houses - and we got a lot of townies moiving in. They did a lot of vandalism, smashing shop widows etc. The police did F.A which is no surprise as the police in N.Ireland are crap. Anyway, the gang has cooled off a bit now, hopefully they won't start up again.
Sat 12/07/03 at 22:53
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
We need zero tolerance policing to be brought into force across the country.
Sat 12/07/03 at 23:31
"High polygon count"
We apparently had something like this on our estate today.

I was woken this morning by a helicopter hovering abuot 300 feet up and about 400 yards away, over our local shops.

I've since found out that it was - and I quote - "gang trouble". Earlier there had been a large group of white youths gathered outside the shops, and a little later, a gang of black youths.

Please note, I'm not trying to start any race discussions, I'm just repeating what I was told.

The white gang had been blasting music out of their car stereos, while the black gang had been blasting music out of a "ghetto blaster" (politically incorrect term I know, but at least you all know what I'm talking about).

Neither gang - so I'm told - had bothered anybody, but I've no doubt that people going to and from the shops found both gangs equally intimidating, and no doubt it was one or more of the shop owners who called the police.

Thing is, these two gangs seem to have appeared out of nowhere - we usually have groups of teenagers, but never large gangs as I'm told these were. Maybe they've been moved on from another nearby estate? Who knows?

But there hasn't been any trouble so far.

*Crosses fingers*
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:03
Regular
DW wrote:
> What's the town near Epson?
>
> Euell? Is that how it's spelt? :cD
>
> Where are you from Asher, other side of Kingston?

Leatherhead or Ashtead or Bookham or Fetcham.

Im not gonna diss these people then tell them where I live.
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:33
Regular
Hoho. Fine, I'll diss them and then say where I live. :c)

Leatherhead is a right crap whole. Ashtead is the same. Leatherhead is not as bad as Ashtead IMO, but both still suck. Leatherhead is only as big as it is cos it's so like Junction 11 of the M25. And cos of Chessington World of Adventures. Never been to Bookham, nor have I been to Fetcham. Heard that the latter is a dump too. Dunno though.

I live over the back of Kempton Park. :cD

Should I have said that? Erm, I was lying...yeah. I live in Kingston.

So, where do you live again Asher? :c|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.