GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Innit"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 12/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
This is stupid now.

In the area I live, there are two gangs forming - a bigger one from Epsom, and a slightly smaller one from a small town near Epsom.

Now this is just annoying. Instead of having one or two people walking round, now pretty much every One-Stop has a group of about 25 people outside wearing Nickelson t-shirts and hats slanted up.

Now this isn't really a problem for me - I'm black, young, and fairly well built, so I don't get any trouble - people seem to respect black people more, so i usually just get a few nods and 'alright mate's if I cast my eyes round a crowd of them. However, it is still very intimidating, especially when approaching them or trying to get through them. It also means that at pretty much every train station and street corner there are these people, in bulk, being really loud and swearing a lot - and I've seen several people being terrorised by them.

I mean, it's ruidiculous. As I've said, it doesn't affect me in terms of intimidation or even them trying to raise me, but I do feel sorry for the people who aren't quite as sterotypically feared, as it must be very intimidating, sometimes even scary trying to walk past these people.

There is graffiti everywhere now - mainly people cussing the other gang or writing there gang's tag.

I know theres nothing I can do about it. I just wondered if any of you have stuff like this near you. And where will it lead? Are we going to see England's towns turned into a poor man's 1930's Chicago?
Wed 30/07/03 at 08:04
Regular
:cD
Wed 30/07/03 at 07:54
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:
> It used to be pretty bad in one area of my town, but it's amazing the
> difference 25 simultaneous dawn raids makes.....
>
> Nottingham's far worse though,

Nottingham

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

If someone from Nottingham tried to rob me, it'd be like.

"Give u all ye money, now, like."

"Pardon?"

"I said laak, give us all ye cash"

"I'm sorry, I can't understand you."

And then I'd make him write what he was trying to say down, which would make me seem intimidating and him look weak, so he'd eventually walk off, due to the combination of him being from the North and the humiliation I'd have caused.

Either that or I just slap him.
Tue 29/07/03 at 18:19
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
It used to be pretty bad in one area of my town, but it's amazing the difference 25 simultaneous dawn raids makes.....

Nottingham's far worse though, some areas are definitely no go for anyone not living in them, and the city centre on Friday/Saturday nights is 'lively'... as in barely a weekend goes by without random muggings\assaults and the like - I don't bother going anymore now, too much hassle.

one of my mates lives in student accomodation in St Anne's - bad part of nottingham - him and his mates awoke one early morning to sounds downstairs, they went down to find two kids knicking off with their TV, Ps2 etc. They chased them down, and retrieved their gear, after rearranging the two would be burglars.
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:33
Regular
"bit of a brain"
Wear a pork pie hat and carry a cattle prod around with you.
Carrying pepper spray makes you look lke a woman, until you use it, when it makes you look all blurry
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:04
Regular
I could transform myself into a black Al Capone.

Not sure how or why, it'd just be cool.
Tue 29/07/03 at 16:03
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
gerrid wrote:
> A tazer is the answer.
> And an army of cats/bats/molested rats if you can manage it.

Nay, a taser has only one shot in it. Now a can of pepper spray, that could take down a whole gang.
Tue 29/07/03 at 14:21
Regular
"The Red Shift"
a) sorry for thinking you were younger than 23
b) my point was if the police get enough complaints theyll do something in the end (train muggings at my station were reported by 20+ people so coppas turn up there everynowandagain for a couple of months)
c) take a baseball bat and hit them all upside the head if you think your tough enough. theyll respect you for it and when youre on the inside, you can say

pweese mr.gangster, can you relocate your assossiates and yourself pweese?

sorry but thats all the advice i have.
Tue 29/07/03 at 12:47
Regular
Clazon wrote:
> asher. tell the police and get your mum etc. to tell them

Heh, that made me laugh. I'm 23 you know, and I'm not sad.

in response to the rest, the only way it'll evr cease is if we transport half of The Bronx here, then all the silly whiteboys will stay inside all day.
Tue 29/07/03 at 12:45
Regular
"bit of a brain"
A tazer is the answer.
And an army of cats/bats/molested rats if you can manage it.
Tue 29/07/03 at 09:20
Regular
"The Red Shift"
asher. tell the police and get your mum etc. to tell them aswell to make sure they know about it. tell them about the graffiti. if the coppas think they can nick them then they might take action. if the gangs keep getting done: more and more serious actions will be taken, they might be straightened out a bit and they might be broken up. if you dont do anything, nothing happens.

its unhappy to see this stuff is happening everywhere. theyre trying to act hard and rude, but really theyre just sad and cowardly for picking on peoples fears. after all you never see them take on a couple of big men, because in truth they would end up as bad as the big guys.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.