GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth getting a PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/02/01 at 12:46
Regular
I want peoples honest opinions here. I already have a Dreamcast, an N64 and a PC with DVD player. Is it really worth me buying a PS2? I dont care if there are good games coming out in 18months time, for £300, with the games available now is it worth me buying a PS2?
Thu 15/02/01 at 09:39
Saesee - you don't work for Sony do you? ;-)

I don't think it's a loss. If ingsy905 has all those platforms currently, it may be worth waiting for a price drop/more games.

Believe me, from what I've seen of UT on the PS2, it's not up to the original PC version. So that's not a big selling point!
Thu 15/02/01 at 07:20
Ok, you're loss...
Wed 14/02/01 at 22:42
I dont think i will get a PS2, i'll just stick with playing UT on my PC, and over the net. I'll also enjoy the delights of MSR, Shenmue and Perfect Dark AND save myself £300 at the same time, bargain eh?!

Ingsy
Wed 14/02/01 at 17:45
If you want some instructions on how to have some serious fun and enjoyment, without all the gibberish, then:

Get a PS2 now!
Get TimeSplitters, Unreal, SSX, Z.O.E and Starfighter now!
Wed 14/02/01 at 14:59
I'd have thought Flying Pig was one?
Wed 14/02/01 at 14:10
Regular
"not dead"
I certainly don't fancy facing the wrath of Ali or Tony, and i don't even know what a wrath is!

How come we never hear about the gruntled members of the public?
Wed 14/02/01 at 13:56
"High polygon count"
meka_dragon wrote:
> Let me just make a note of that...

> Freeola....
> Unofficial....
> Knowledgebase, and then...

Not sure I want to complete that.

Are we treading too fine a line here...?
Wed 14/02/01 at 13:30
Regular
"not dead"
Let me just make a note of that...

Freeola....
Unofficial....

What was the rest...?
Wed 14/02/01 at 13:19
"High polygon count"
> WM - do we get commission for this? ;-)

We should do! :-)

I think a few of us should set up the Unofficial Freeola Consultancy Knowledgebase - UFCK for short.

Hmm... maybe not then...
Wed 14/02/01 at 13:12
WM - do we get commission for this? ;-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.