GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Is it worth getting a PS2?"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 14/02/01 at 12:46
Regular
I want peoples honest opinions here. I already have a Dreamcast, an N64 and a PC with DVD player. Is it really worth me buying a PS2? I dont care if there are good games coming out in 18months time, for £300, with the games available now is it worth me buying a PS2?
Sat 17/02/01 at 18:41
Reasons to get a PS2 NOW:

1. The DVD player inside it is of very high quality, and equil to a top-of-the-range machine worth upwards of £500. You can play them out-of-the-box with the DualShock2 easily (unlike the X-Box). In short PS2 = bargain.

2. By March (hello, 2 weeks away!) There will be many decent titles to save for. Summoner, Z.O.E (with MGS2 demo) Star Wars: Starfighter, Red Faction, Omnusha: Warlords, the list goes on!

3. Room for improvement. Check out the expansion bay at the back!

4. It looks sleek & sexy just sitting there... imagine what it'll look like standing up! (Sure it may look like a car radiator from a chrystler, but at least it isn't the size of a chrystler! - (X-Box) - )

5. Sony are the best and brightest around. (No, I don't work for them!) I broke my PS2... dropped it. On Boxing Day. They fixed me with a brand new one - only 15 days later.
Fri 16/02/01 at 08:04
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
I wouldnt get one right now. As there arent any special games on it. Wait until GT3 comes out. I got mine on the 24th of November and I havent played on it much. I have only got the 3 games I bought with the machine. And I mainly played it the first 2-3 weeks and had got bored with it. Its worth the money as you get DVD, play PS1 games etc. but there isnt any game that puts it above any other console or the PC.
Thu 15/02/01 at 20:56
Regular
say what now? future of gaming? so why they talking bout PS3 already
Thu 15/02/01 at 20:41
Playstation 2s rock! Buy one now. They are the future of gaming!
Thu 15/02/01 at 20:40
yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yesyes yes yes yesyes yes yes yesyes yes yes yesyes yes yes yesyes yes yes yes!!!!!
Thu 15/02/01 at 19:27
Regular
And again... and again... and again... and again...
Thu 15/02/01 at 19:01
Regular
me thinks £300 is way too much for a console. i mean ijust walked into comet today and saw a dreamcast with 4 games £110. methinks i will have to buy one.
Thu 15/02/01 at 18:59
I don't know about the PS2 I meen its got the name but there arnt manny desent games out at the mo so just weight a bit and see what happens.
Thu 15/02/01 at 15:13
A gruntled member of the public.

Thu 15/02/01 at 14:05
Regular
"Complete Banker"
devo wrote:
> I'd have thought Flying Pig was one?

Was one what?? Tell me! Please!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.