GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The Romans and their 'oh so clever' lead piping."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 11/07/03 at 15:18
Regular
Anyone else noticed how America is headed for some serious internal troubles?

Apparently 50 percent of the countries population cannot afford medical insurance. How long is this going to be tolerated?

How long is the corruption in the government going to go unchallenged?

Basically what i'm saying is the country seems to be eating itself up from within. I predict a lot of violence and unrest in the future.

Basically what i'm saying is however i try to imagine Americas domestic future all I can see is violence.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:17
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
With the right leadership, communism can work.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:17
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
I think we should give the Lib Dems a chance. Then if it all goes wrong we can say "Look, you had your chance, now pisss off".

And Stryke, you do realise you've descended into self parody now?
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:15
Regular
They'll outlaw money. And fun.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:13
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
If it's for 'the greater good' then so be it.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:11
Regular
Yes, there is. But you shouldn't vote for them, or they'll kill your family. They told me so.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:08
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Is there a British communist party?

I want to vote for them.
Sun 13/07/03 at 20:06
Regular
Practical Magic wrote:
> I> I'll be voting Conservative come the next election, and anyone who
> votes for Labour after 8 disastrous years wants their head looking at.

--

Excellent, I thought I was the only pro-Conservative on these forums. But you're my apprentice, so it's OK. Go cook my meal.
Sun 13/07/03 at 19:11
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I think that Duncan Smith' ace is that he can criticise Blair's foreign policy safe in the knowledge that he can criticise HOW he did it rather than him doing it at all.

In America the left can barely do anything against Bush because any political party that attempts to criticise the war on terror or Iraq may as well give up now. Yes, a lot of people disagreed with it, but Bush was still voted in, in 2000, by people who knew what he was like, and the fact he's proven he will not back down from a fight is only likely to win him more votes than before.

By contract, in the UK, a lot of people that did not like Tony, including me, have supported him in issues relating to terrorism and Iraq but not anywhere else, whereas a Conservative leader is more likely to seek closer ties with the USA and a determined foreign policy against the threats in the world today, not to mention university fees, illegal asylum seekers, no road tolls, sorting out the health service and getting tough on crime and criminals, and stopping increasing tax rises.

I'll be voting Conservative come the next election, and anyone who votes for Labour after 8 disastrous years wants their head looking at.
Sun 13/07/03 at 18:16
Regular
I'd agree with you about Blair, except that we've had incredibly lame opposition lately.

If Blair stays, I figure it'll be a close run between Labour and Tories, hopefully with Lib Dems making up some ground.

If Blair steps down and we get anyone else who isn't a total nutsack, labour landslide again, because there's nobody else to seriously challenge them.

On a vaguely related note, I've been pondering something:

Blair makes a hell of a lot of bad calls, which seem to have been done in complete stupidity at times, drifts towards Tory lines and away from Labour roots.

Select Labour MPs whinge about going back to Labour's roots, gain media attention, begin to look like the 'good guys', standing up to Blair's loose canon antics.

Future public opinion sways towards Labour's anti-Blairs, while Blair continues to make unpopular decisions which both whip up contempt and associate him with Tory policies.
Having learned how easy it is to sucker the public with such lame associations, Blair makes everybody hate him, and thus hate the Tories, stands down as Labour leader, one of the current anti-Blairs, who'll have had increasing media attention building up around them, steps into the party leadership, is loved by all, and wins by a landslide.

Blair 'takes one for the team', gets to do everything he wants with no repercussions, Labour win again, Blair retires a rich and smug man, knowing he pulled one over on Joe Public yet again.

I think my conspiracy theories are getting more and more unrealistic, which is a shame. But if this happens, I'll be just as smug as Smilin' Joe Blair. Until I realise that by the rules of democracy I got shafted along with the rest of the country.

On a slightly more realistic conspiracy theory:

For a third consecutive time, Blair 'tries' to legislate anti-hunting laws at the very end of his term. With resistance from the House of Lords, he can't get it through before the election, again.
Thus he wins over Joe Public, who is anti-hunting, without ever having to pass controversial legislation or use the Parliament Act to force it past the Lords.
Again.

If the Lords do oppose his bill, it'll not pass before the election, so he'll get to 'try' again at the end of his 4th term, and 'fail' a 4th time.
If the Lords don't oppose it, he gets vindication to banner about against the pro-hunt monkeys.
Sun 13/07/03 at 17:13
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
Only one Clancy book even had that it in - Red Storm Rising.

I'd argue that every single point in the initial post is either plain wrong or exagerated, and even if the points were accurate the only likely outcome is that Bush WILL get another term in office. Tony Blair, however, I predict, will not.

He's annoyed too many small groups of people whilst the only ones he's pleased are those who did not want to see the UK back down from it's responsibilities in Iraq and as part of the war on terrorism. Problem with that is that a Conservative leader would have done that anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.