GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Address purchase & web hosting question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 09:16
Regular
I'm sure this has been asked lots of times before but I couldn't find a recent topic and I'm sure prices/packages change regularly.

Basically I'm thinking about buying a .co.uk or similar but want a big amount of webspace and bandwidth per month for a small price.

Any suugestions, I thought of oneandone.co.uk and 123reg.co.uk there must be a million other options.

(I just want to have a lot of Gamecube/PS2 replays in cyberspace for other peoples pleasure so need quite alot of webspace and a good monthly bandwidth figure)

Thanks for any (useful) input.

PS. I don't want to use freeola, want to use my BB/work connection for uploading etc
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:55
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Cubist wrote:
> Yeah but you could just use Freeola if all else fails. It's convieant
> and easy to use so instead of searching for all these different
> providers you could just use it.

That's not realy true, as like he stated, he has broadband (which I assume is not with Freeola) and so paying/using a proper 'hosting' company rather than an ISP would in fact be easier. While Freeola have an incredible package, they aren't the only ones on the 'hosting' market. It's just taking a little time to find the right one.

Never settle for whom you think is the best, I've done that before, and have since found that there are so many other alternatives to Freeola, and while they have a great package, the limited dial-up does make things harder when it comes to Web Site hosting, rather than just getting online.

Of course, if you used Freeola Broadband, things really would be simpler :) And I hope to switch to them sometime soon, I'm just keeping an eye out before I make that final decision.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:50
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> their not that cheap to be honest.

True, but I've got no need to complain about their services ... anymore :)

They've got the best support I've ever had from a host, and have certainly put freeola to shame recently.

They (bargainhosts) also do a daily back-up, which is great, just in case. They also have an outstanding control panel, where you can back-up your site instantly in a zip file (your web site and MySQL Database that is).

But if you can find a cheaper alternative, let us know who when you choose.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:46
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Cubist wrote:
> Yeah but you could just use Freeola if all else fails.

Cubist, you really do need to read the posts before sticking your own answers in! This would really help people out as you'd actually be helping them instead of hindering them.

David, yeah I'm still loitering, read more than I post as this place just gets filled with so much.......I'll stop now :)
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:39
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
200 meg and 2gig bandwidth from Staghosting if you buy a domain from 123reg or whatever and host it with them. You can request more if you want.

I don't know how much I've got.

I lost loads of Flash games which I hope to get back, if they don't reply to my email by tomorrow I'm gonna ring them and ask for the site to be restored to what it was like. If they don't I'll moan!

I'm probably approaching 100 meg of stuff. I'm not sure.
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:24
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Jive wrote:

Mark, how you doing ? nice to see you still loitering around.

David
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:23
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
dont they only have 100Mb?

what are you up to now phi1?

im on over 180Mb
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
www.staghosting.com

Enough said.

For a freebie provider they're top notch. As long as Steve (admin) doesn't play silly buggers and break the servers, they're pretty reliable!
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:20
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
its not really that convenient when you have a broadband connection for it is very slow...and also you have to disconnect from broadband and dial-up every time. So in fact what you just said was a lie :-)
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeah but you could just use Freeola if all else fails. It's convieant and easy to use so instead of searching for all these different providers you could just use it. Of course if you don't want to then keep looking.
Thu 10/07/03 at 13:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Cubist wrote:
> Hmmm why don't you have a look at Freeola? They aren't that bad :D

"PS. I don't want to use freeola, want to use my BB/work connection for uploading etc"

Think that statement sort of answers your question doesn't it!?!?!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.