GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Address purchase & web hosting question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 09:16
Regular
I'm sure this has been asked lots of times before but I couldn't find a recent topic and I'm sure prices/packages change regularly.

Basically I'm thinking about buying a .co.uk or similar but want a big amount of webspace and bandwidth per month for a small price.

Any suugestions, I thought of oneandone.co.uk and 123reg.co.uk there must be a million other options.

(I just want to have a lot of Gamecube/PS2 replays in cyberspace for other peoples pleasure so need quite alot of webspace and a good monthly bandwidth figure)

Thanks for any (useful) input.

PS. I don't want to use freeola, want to use my BB/work connection for uploading etc
Thu 10/07/03 at 09:16
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
I'm sure this has been asked lots of times before but I couldn't find a recent topic and I'm sure prices/packages change regularly.

Basically I'm thinking about buying a .co.uk or similar but want a big amount of webspace and bandwidth per month for a small price.

Any suugestions, I thought of oneandone.co.uk and 123reg.co.uk there must be a million other options.

(I just want to have a lot of Gamecube/PS2 replays in cyberspace for other peoples pleasure so need quite alot of webspace and a good monthly bandwidth figure)

Thanks for any (useful) input.

PS. I don't want to use freeola, want to use my BB/work connection for uploading etc
Thu 10/07/03 at 10:39
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
try pixelism.co.uk they offer unlimited web space and bandwith and it only £30 a month
Thu 10/07/03 at 10:39
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
try pixelism.co.uk they offer unlimited web space and bandwith and it only £30 a year
Thu 10/07/03 at 10:59
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
bargainhosts.co.uk
Thu 10/07/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
sounds good, just buy a domain and tranfser it to them and only £30 year unlimited space and bandwidth.

Best other deals I found were about £60 year with free URL, 650mb space and 45gb bandwidth (hostonce and powweb)
Thu 10/07/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
cjh wrote:
> bargainhosts.co.uk

their not that cheap to be honest.

Cheeseman , have you used pixelism ?
Thu 10/07/03 at 11:47
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
i am moving to them as we speak
Thu 10/07/03 at 13:43
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Hmmm why don't you have a look at Freeola? They aren't that bad :D
Thu 10/07/03 at 13:48
Regular
"Cigar smoker"
Cubist wrote:
> Hmmm why don't you have a look at Freeola? They aren't that bad :D

"PS. I don't want to use freeola, want to use my BB/work connection for uploading etc"

Think that statement sort of answers your question doesn't it!?!?!
Thu 10/07/03 at 14:16
Regular
"Sex On Wheels"
Yeah but you could just use Freeola if all else fails. It's convieant and easy to use so instead of searching for all these different providers you could just use it. Of course if you don't want to then keep looking.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.