GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Address purchase & web hosting question"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 10/07/03 at 09:16
Regular
I'm sure this has been asked lots of times before but I couldn't find a recent topic and I'm sure prices/packages change regularly.

Basically I'm thinking about buying a .co.uk or similar but want a big amount of webspace and bandwidth per month for a small price.

Any suugestions, I thought of oneandone.co.uk and 123reg.co.uk there must be a million other options.

(I just want to have a lot of Gamecube/PS2 replays in cyberspace for other peoples pleasure so need quite alot of webspace and a good monthly bandwidth figure)

Thanks for any (useful) input.

PS. I don't want to use freeola, want to use my BB/work connection for uploading etc
Fri 18/07/03 at 14:20
Regular
"whoneedsatagline?"
FWIW, I just asked 10k how often they do backups. Here's the response.

"We dont actually take any backups of the data and advise all customers to
backup there own sites."

Hmmm.
Thu 17/07/03 at 16:20
Regular
"One Of A Kind"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> thanks VAMP also.

No worries glad i could help
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:29
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
thanks VAMP also.
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:28
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
latchford wrote:
> with this 10khosting site can you have 2 or more domain names on the 1
> account?

I believe so, but drop a line to [email protected] to confirm
Thu 17/07/03 at 12:27
Regular
"Dont come here ofte"
Just as a conclusion, 10kwebhosting.com are great, took couple of days to get setup and domain transefered, very helpful, get email replys in the evening. All hunky dory, now to start uploading .....

Forgot to mention the control panel, fantastic, built in scripts, traffic figures, more info on everything than you could ever want :)
will post a screenshot tonight.

Only problem I do have is that using NT at work I cannot access the log on screen but hopefully copying the cookie over will sort this.
Sat 12/07/03 at 11:47
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
Practical Magic wrote:
> after all SR only uses domain forwarding.

No, Freeola use domain hosting, not forwarding.
Sat 12/07/03 at 10:14
Regular
"Best Price @ GAME :"
I've just registered a domain with oneandone - 2 years, registration only, 3.98 +VAT, uses domain forwarding to link it to my ISP webspace and email address. I't s really only an experiment, something to do, so 50MB space I have is well enough. Even so, oneandone had the domain up an running and registering within 24 hours and they do not charge anything if you want to move the domain at a later date, unlike some other places.....

Once you've paid them, it is yours to do what you want with, and they don't make any stupid charges. If you already have some webspace somewhere then I'd recommend them, after all SR only uses domain forwarding and charges more, but the hosting options on oneandone look okay if you really need the space.
Fri 11/07/03 at 18:01
Regular
"www.funrunner.co.uk"
with this 10khosting site can you have 2 or more domain names on the 1 account?
Fri 11/07/03 at 16:42
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
I paid the money for the domain which is like £20 more expensive than other places to take advantage of the hosting as at that tme I could only find poor hosts...

Now these two have come out (hehehehehe) I want to change but I'd have to pay the £14 or whatever admin charge and the £30 a year for the new hosts.

I'm going uni anyway so I won't be able to do much on my site. Hopefully anyway with all these unlimited packages coming out, Freeola may join them with a package where you pay £30 for the year for access from all lines.

(Hint! Hint!)
Fri 11/07/03 at 16:35
Regular
"MildlyAmusing.co.uk"
Valentino Rossi wrote:
> why can't you transfer it (except for the rip off SR admin charge)

You answered your own question there...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.