GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"What's the most painful thing you've ever done"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/07/03 at 23:44
Regular
I'd be interested to know, so I know what to avoid doing.

I'm lucky, I've never broke a bone in my life, so have avoided one of the most painful things right there.

Some things that spring to mind though :

When I was young, I was wearing only shorts and trainers. I climbed a hill which consisted of a steep face of jagged rocks. I then fell down the jagged rocks. I was bleeding all over and in terrific pain. I was v.young though, so the pain is a distant memory

When I was 16 on work experience, I climbed on a fork lifts forks to get to a high shelf. After retrieving an item and placing it on the forks, the guy lowered me down, and I had to hold one of the three stansions. I didn't realise that these clunked together when the forks were lowered. Luckily there was about a centimetre gap between the stansions, which stopped me from losing all eight of my fingers. I couldn't move them all day though, and they went black and blue.

I jumped off a sand dune in newquay onto a barbed wire fence that was covered with sand, and tore a 4 inch gash in my foot. The wound got loads of sand in it, and the surgeon scrubbed it out with a toothbrush. I had 19 stitches

I fell in the shower when I was young, and smashed the soap dish with my back. It was ceramic and dug straight into my back, missing my spine by half an inch. I had 15 stitches.

Ok, lets hear your horror stories :
Wed 09/07/03 at 15:38
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
MoJoJoJo wrote:
> "i landed square on my nuts without my feet touching the
> floor."
>
> Hooooooooooooooo! Damn... I had to close my legs and cringe after
> reading that. I can't imagine how much that hurt, considering I was on
> the floor after just getting kicked in the balls.

Ho ho, I've had a similar close call like that while skateboarding. I was boardsliding (grinding with the middle of the board on the rail and my legs apart on each of the kicks) a rail and the board came from underneath me. Luckily though as I fell down I leant to one side which meant the rail didn't hit home correctly and I just fell into a lump off one side of the rail.

I have seen people fall straight onto their knackers like that though. OW. I advise to wear a cup when you skate.
Wed 09/07/03 at 15:34
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
The other day I got some chips out of the oven whilst wearing shorts, and I looked down just in time to see the oven door slowly closing on my exposed leg. Would have resulted in no-end of blistering and scarring.

Another time I fell through the top of a small conservatory and nearly had to have my leg removed - I was in a wheel chair for 12 weeks (6 of 'em were the Summer holidays between Primary and Secondary school) and I now have a large scar going nearly half-way round my knee, although this has healed up a bit over the last 10 years.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:50
Regular
"Which one's pink?"
Hmmm.

Probably falling from one of those large oak trees head first, from pretty damn high up.

The branch I was on kinda snapped, and a flew head first aaallll the way down.

I probably would've died or something if it wasn't for that wonderful last branch, which was still quite away from the ground, which nailed my shoulder, sending my body into a spin, and landing on my feet/legs/bone.
Yey.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:33
Regular
"8==="
Either:

1) Getting a vein in my nose frozen
2) Falling and taking half of a nail off on a finger. Then having the rest taken out at hospital.
Wed 09/07/03 at 14:30
Regular
"That's right!"
"i landed square on my nuts without my feet touching the floor."

Hooooooooooooooo! Damn... I had to close my legs and cringe after reading that. I can't imagine how much that hurt, considering I was on the floor after just getting kicked in the balls.
Wed 09/07/03 at 13:19
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I came off my bike while going down a really steep dirt course and my whole body weight went on to my thumb, which landed on a rock. Now I can bend my thumb back ALL the way, so the nail is touching my wrist. That's scared the little kiddies away....
Wed 09/07/03 at 13:16
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
I did exactly the same thing as a kid. Amazing coincidence.
Wed 09/07/03 at 13:13
Regular
"I'm not Orgazmo"
I remember one time were were BMX'ing over some local hills and ramps and I borrowed my mates bike (which had no brakes) and I canned it down this hill and flew off the ramp to a great height. I then proceeded to sh!te myelf as I nose dived the bike completely fu*king up the wheel when I landed then coming off the bike over the handlebars bouncing for a while then sliding on my arm and hitting the bottom of a tree. Ow.

I got lots of cuts and grazes but no broken bones suprisingly. In fact I've never broke a bone in my body ever.
Wed 09/07/03 at 12:59
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Having my tonsils out at the age of 23 was incredibly painful.

Well, the aftermath was.
Wed 09/07/03 at 12:58
Regular
"Wanking Mong"
Not something I did per se, but I once got an infection in my right testicle. The pain was...indescribable!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.