GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaghetti Westerns"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
You know, the Clint Eastwood ones. Good Bad and Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More... are they any good? Because I just bought them, all three for £20. They'd better be good. To be honest, I've never seen a good Clint Eastwood film, except for maybe that one where he's chasing krazy John Malkovich because he's trying to pop a cap in the president's ass. I've never seen any Dirty Harry movies either.

So, have I made a wise purchase?
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:04
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Unbeliever wrote:
> Ineedsleep wrote:
> Also thought Play Misty For Me was good but it was not the usual
> type
> of Eastwood movie.
>
> Was that the one where he's a radio DJ investigating suspicious
> deaths? If so, good film.

He's not a grizzly cowboy and there are no monkeys = crap.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:03
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Weird, we were talking about the film where he paints the town red at
> the weekend and no-one could remember what it was called - help,
> please?

It's on this week I think. I've definitely seen it in the listings somewhere, but the name escapes me.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:56
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
Ineedsleep wrote:
> Also thought Play Misty For Me was good but it was not the usual type
> of Eastwood movie.

Was that the one where he's a radio DJ investigating suspicious deaths? If so, good film.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:49
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Weird, we were talking about the film where he paints the town red at the weekend and no-one could remember what it was called - help, please?

The good, the bad and the ugly film was alright but the rest were just plain tosh.

Every which way but loose is good, the Black Widows are brilliant. Shame about the girl in it as I cannot stand her or any of the other films he made with her.

Also thought Play Misty For Me was good but it was not the usual type of Eastwood movie.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:44
Regular
"Brownium Motion"
The Outlaw Josey Wales is an excellent western.
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Eastwood rules in everything. My favourite though ids the one where they paint the town red and rename it hell, then kill all those bandidos that come. THEN it turns out he was a ghost. Ace.

Clint power!
Tue 08/07/03 at 10:35
Regular
"Wants Spymate on dv"
Mr Snuggly wrote:
> To be honest, I've never seen a good Clint Eastwood film, except for maybe that one where he's chasing krazy John Malkovich because he's trying to pop a cap in the president's ass.

The Spaghetti Westerns are class.
But you say you haven't seen many good Clint Eastwood films?
Allow me to recommend some:

Where Eagles Dare: Clint and Richard Burton as soldiers who storm a remote Nazi castle in the mountains and kill a shedload of German cannon fodder.

Kelly's Heroes: Clint and his eccentric platoon of soldiers go deep into enemy territory to steal lots of Nazi gold and have a wartime caper.

Dirty Harry: The original is still the best, he's just such a bad-ass.
The second one's ok, but the series went the way of the Jaws and Planet of the Apes films, the longer they went on the worse they got.
Watch Dirty Harry, it rules.

The Outlaw Josey Wales: If you like the Dollars trilogy you'll like this. Clint's a farmer who sees his family killed, so bloody vengeance is around the corner.

The Gauntlet: Clint plays almost a carbon copy of his Dirty Harry style cop but in a more humorous way, and must protect a witness from the mob, but things go pear shaped and an action caper is the result.

Every Which Way But Loose/ Any Which Way You Can: Clint as a fist-fighter who has a monkey called Clyde. These films rule.

Escape From Alcatraz: Great film that sees Clint, surprise surprise, attempting to escape from a certain island prison and avoid a beefy bumbandit in the showers.

Absolute Power: Clint is a cat burgler who witnesses a murder on the job. But there's one small detail; the murderer was the US President, so a game of cat and mouse with Clint and The Secret Service follows.

Whilst some of them may not be classed as "great" in the critical sense, they're all good for their own particular reasons, be it the acclaimed masterpiece of filmmaking that is Josey Wales or just the fun nature of Clint beating up rednecks with his pet monkey in Every Which Way But Loose.
It's a shame that Clint didn't retire a few years ago, as most of his recent efforts in front of the camera have been pretty pooh.
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"You upset my mule"

"Get 3 coffins ready...better make that 4"

Good, Bad is cool. The others I find a bit boring. Lots of close-ups of eyes and squinty Mexicans.
A bit like Chiquitos without the beer.
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> They're excellent films, wise purchase in my opinion. The soundtrack
> is fantastic too, to all of them.
>
> Where did you get it from? I'm after the boxset again myself [lent it,
> never got it back]

The place which I dare not speak their name on these forums. Take a wild guess and you won't be far wrong. And I don't think it's the actual box set, just all three movies separately. Still, £20 eh? Kerching!
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:25
Regular
They're excellent films, wise purchase in my opinion. The soundtrack is fantastic too, to all of them.

Where did you get it from? I'm after the boxset again myself [lent it, never got it back]

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.