GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaghetti Westerns"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
You know, the Clint Eastwood ones. Good Bad and Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More... are they any good? Because I just bought them, all three for £20. They'd better be good. To be honest, I've never seen a good Clint Eastwood film, except for maybe that one where he's chasing krazy John Malkovich because he's trying to pop a cap in the president's ass. I've never seen any Dirty Harry movies either.

So, have I made a wise purchase?
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:24
Regular
"8==="
The Dirty Harry's are all good. They have a formula but it's played around with a lot so they are different enough. The Dead Poll is sheer class.

The Gauntlet is also more Dirty Harry just with a name change.

Don't forget 'The Rookie' too as he is basically Dirty Harry in that too.

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is good but I prefer the urban settings of the ones I have mentioned.

If you like westerns you have to get Butch Cassidy and the Sundance kid.
Sat 12/07/03 at 12:16
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Yeah, but was he a ghost?

I've been giddy like a schoolgirl ever since I saw this listed a few weeks back. Only just made it last night though, but I watched the whole thing - it really is a super duper film. It's not even a Western - more of a psychological thriller horror. Fanta-stick!
Sat 12/07/03 at 11:57
Regular
"not dead"
monkey_man wrote:
> Ineedsleep wrote:
> Weird, we were talking about the film where he paints the town red
> at
> the weekend and no-one could remember what it was called - help,
> please?
>
> It's on this week I think. I've definitely seen it in the listings
> somewhere, but the name escapes me.

High Plains Drifter.

It was on last night, it's great.

Isn't the story very similar to Pale Rider though? I haven't seen that in ages, but an sure that a guy turns up in town, he has whip marks on his back, something like that...
Tue 08/07/03 at 21:11
Regular
snuggly, you'll also be wanting unforgiven to complete your clint collection
Tue 08/07/03 at 18:47
Regular
"we escape....."
everyone says Clint Eastwood is a poor actor, i wouldn't say he is poor but he isn't one of the greatest. I certainly like the majority of his movies though, that i have seen. I'm still yet to see some of his classic like the outlaw josey whales.
Tue 08/07/03 at 18:42
Regular
"we escape....."
Can I just say i think the spaghetti western trilogy is one of the best trilogies ever made. All the endings to each of the movies are just so incredibly good and infamous. Buying the trilogy would be well worth it. I only own Good the bad and the ugly on dvd i got the other 2 on tape though. Good the bad and the Ugly is my favourite film ever, i often comment on these pages about how much i love these films. I love the music too, even scored a UK no.1 in 1966.
Tue 08/07/03 at 14:53
"Darth Vader 3442321"
Chosen wisely you have young padawan.
Tue 08/07/03 at 14:01
Regular
"not dead"
I like them.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:19
Regular
Watched the trilogy when they were on last Xmas, really enjoyed them.

I found a couple of them took a bit of time to get going, but still a great purchase.
Tue 08/07/03 at 11:07
Regular
"Going nowhere fast"
Unbeliever wrote:

> Was that the one where he's a radio DJ investigating suspicious
> deaths? If so, good film.

He is a DJ but he's not investigating any deaths. He is being stalked by a woman who calls him every night and requests that he plays Misty for her.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.