GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spaghetti Westerns"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 07/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
You know, the Clint Eastwood ones. Good Bad and Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More... are they any good? Because I just bought them, all three for £20. They'd better be good. To be honest, I've never seen a good Clint Eastwood film, except for maybe that one where he's chasing krazy John Malkovich because he's trying to pop a cap in the president's ass. I've never seen any Dirty Harry movies either.

So, have I made a wise purchase?
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:27
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
You know, the Clint Eastwood ones. Good Bad and Ugly, Fistful of Dollars, Few Dollars More... are they any good? Because I just bought them, all three for £20. They'd better be good. To be honest, I've never seen a good Clint Eastwood film, except for maybe that one where he's chasing krazy John Malkovich because he's trying to pop a cap in the president's ass. I've never seen any Dirty Harry movies either.

So, have I made a wise purchase?
Mon 07/07/03 at 20:34
Regular
"That's right!"
The Dirty Harry films are good, you can get the boxset.

Anyway, I haven't seen any of them. Old westerns aren't my thing, but aren't they directed by the guy behind Once Upon A Time In America? Anyway, I hear they're very good. If they're pants, just take them back.
Mon 07/07/03 at 21:26
Regular
Did anyone else watch 'Quick and the Dead' which was on the other day? I thought that was p-o-o-r.
Mon 07/07/03 at 21:44
Regular
"That's right!"
Quick And The Dead is great, make no mistake. A Brit wrote it, Sam Raimi directed it, and DiCaprio gets killed in it. And Gene Hackman is the man. And be proud to be British - our version has the love scene which wasn't included in the American one. She may be old, but Stone'd still get it.
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:03
Regular
Unforgiven is the best western I've ever seen, and that has Eastwood AND Hackman in it. Plus Morgan Freeman. So it's class.
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:14
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Spaghetti westerns with Clint Eastwood quick the ass of any western with gay ol' John Wayne in them. You definitely have made a wise purchase, as far as I'm concerned, but then again they may not be to your taste.
Mon 07/07/03 at 22:56
Regular
you either love those films or you hate them, I think they're great!

"normally, in a fire-fight between a man with a rifle, and a man with a pistol, you'd say the man with the pistol is dead"

*whistling*

draw

wicked
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:25
Regular
They're excellent films, wise purchase in my opinion. The soundtrack is fantastic too, to all of them.

Where did you get it from? I'm after the boxset again myself [lent it, never got it back]
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:32
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> They're excellent films, wise purchase in my opinion. The soundtrack
> is fantastic too, to all of them.
>
> Where did you get it from? I'm after the boxset again myself [lent it,
> never got it back]

The place which I dare not speak their name on these forums. Take a wild guess and you won't be far wrong. And I don't think it's the actual box set, just all three movies separately. Still, £20 eh? Kerching!
Tue 08/07/03 at 09:34
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
"You upset my mule"

"Get 3 coffins ready...better make that 4"

Good, Bad is cool. The others I find a bit boring. Lots of close-ups of eyes and squinty Mexicans.
A bit like Chiquitos without the beer.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.