GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whatever happened to..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 06/07/03 at 21:37
Regular
In this thread we wonder what the hell happened to good bands.

I'd like to know whatever happened to OASIS. The first two albums were amazing (What's The Story being one of the best albums of all time), Be Here Now was good and now...yuck. The brothers themselves were always terrible but the music was all good. And it all went downhill before the reshuffle, so it wasn't that.

And also, RADIOHEAD. They went from a nice well adjusted group to OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS TERRIBLE NOISE COMING FROM MY HIFI.
Sun 06/07/03 at 21:37
Regular
"no longer El Blokey"
In this thread we wonder what the hell happened to good bands.

I'd like to know whatever happened to OASIS. The first two albums were amazing (What's The Story being one of the best albums of all time), Be Here Now was good and now...yuck. The brothers themselves were always terrible but the music was all good. And it all went downhill before the reshuffle, so it wasn't that.

And also, RADIOHEAD. They went from a nice well adjusted group to OH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS TERRIBLE NOISE COMING FROM MY HIFI.
Sun 06/07/03 at 21:43
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
Personally I've never liked either of those two bands, but as least you acknowledge that they're rubbish now. :)

I'd say Robert Plant has gone downhill - I know he's not a band, but his solo stuff is rubbish compared to The Zep™.
Sun 06/07/03 at 23:36
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oasis
Supergrass
Primal Scream
Sun 06/07/03 at 23:48
Regular
"TheShiznit.co.uk"
Oasis' early stuff is as good as it gets - you don't need to bother with any other bands when you've got Definitely Maybe and Morning Glory, they're really that good. I still have a lot of time for Oasis, even though Be Here Now sucked donkey and Standing... was just alright, but the last album was quite good, not up to the standard of their previous work but still better than most other crap at the moment. Songbird in particular stuck with me.

Supergrass are, have been and will always be brilliant.

Primal Scream do, in fact, rule. Their set at Glasto was my highlight of the whole weekend, and although the last album wasn't that good, XTRMNTR is a lesson to any wannabes on how to do the whole rock/electronic thing properly. And their early stuff is cool too, Rocks, Jailbird etc. Especially the whole Vanishing Point album.
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:06
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Last 2 Oasis albums sucked apart from one or two songs. Be Here Now isn't brilliant. Supergrass had great 3 albums but last was boring and last Primal Scream album sucked.

Too be honest I couldn't think of anyone

OOOOH Manics last album sucked too
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:08
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Oh and What's the Story is an amazing album.
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Oi you- sort it out"
Also, not a band or even the same vein of music, what the hell happened to Dre's new album?
Mon 07/07/03 at 12:12
Regular
Wouldn't go against the "new" Radiohead on here, El Blokey. If any other band did what Radiohead are doing (just make a lot of meaningless sound), they'd be slammed. But as it's Radiohead, they're "expressing their meaningful side" and "taking music in a new direction".

Unfortunately, the direction they're taking it in is crap.

I liked Heathen Chemistry. The Hindu Times, Little by Little & Songbird were brilliant songs. I don't think Oasis have lost their way, but they certainly haven't coped with the death of 90s Britpop as well as Blur have. Think Tank is a superb album.
Mon 07/07/03 at 12:35
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
I like a few Oasis songs, dont like others.
I love OK Computer, can't listen to Kid A/Amnesiac/Hail without feeling annoyed they lost the plot.
There are a few songs I like, but a total of about 5 from 3 albums ain't good.

Whatever happened to Papa Roach?
Eh? Awful, derivative nu-metal monkeys that were never going to last beyond that rubbish phase
Mon 07/07/03 at 12:46
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
And whatever happened to Jimi Hendrix - it's just like he completely disappeared off the scene. Last I heard, Hendrix, John Bonham and John Denver were working on an album together.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.