GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"System32 problem"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/07/03 at 20:44
Regular
Hi,

Everytime I boot up my computer, System32 opens. Why is this? I'm on Xp.

Thanks.
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:25
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Microchips wrote:
>TFT monitor.

I didn't realise you said monitor. Bah.
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:23
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yup, all that, plus a faster CPU and a TFT monitor. Not bad, eh?
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:12
Regular
Yes quite funny...
Mon 07/07/03 at 00:05
Regular
"bing bang bong"
§niper wrote:
> By the way 3 days? Did you make any little configurations like adding
> a Radeon 9800, Audigy 2, different monitor, floppy drive and bigger
> hard drive?

Seeing as you're never going to buy this bluddy machine before we all die of old age, why bother asking :o
Sun 06/07/03 at 18:31
Regular
By the way 3 days? Did you make any little configurations like adding a Radeon 9800, Audigy 2, different monitor, floppy drive and bigger hard drive?
Sun 06/07/03 at 16:44
Mine done this a few months ago, but i was upgrading my pc so i didnt do anything bout it...
It may be a memory problem, but to be honest i cant remember...
Sun 06/07/03 at 15:54
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Yeah, I would. You won't regret it.

But for my sake, SR do PC's too! *Wink Wink*

:D
Sun 06/07/03 at 15:37
Regular
Cheers ill probably give them a go
Sun 06/07/03 at 15:01
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
I fixed it! :D

I disabled everything in the startup tab (Under Msconfig) and it stopped appearing. It was /L: causing it, some random file placed in there. Dell helpline (Who were very helpful) sorted it out and said it was most probably K-lite.

Sniper- Dell computer is great! It's supurb. No problems at all (Apart from above- but that wasn't Dell's fault). It came with Tiscali and Aol, easy to uninstall (Which I did straight away). If you're worried about comments people have said, let me tell you this:

I was able to track my computer from Order to my door. I knew exactly where it was in the country, and it came about three days after ordering.

Everything works great, it's super fast and I reccomend Dell to everyone- this is my thrid machine by Dell (First was the big Desktop downstairs that I was using until I got this one, the other was my Dad's old Laptop) and I've never had problems.

+100 for Dell.
Sun 06/07/03 at 14:13
Regular
Your new dell turn out okay? How well built is it?
I'm not sure whether to give Dell a try after reading this :S

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.