GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"I am the only one that thinks..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 02/07/03 at 01:23
Regular
Drinking is immature i try to think why people want to get to get drunk in the first place but it all seems like a load of tosh.
What do you do? You chuck down a bit of alcohol down and then you begin to feel all happy and weird, walk home funny,then you go to bed feeling crap and maybe throw up.
Next day you gloat to your mates how much you drunk and they call you 'hard'

I have nothing against drinking alcohol and im 18 but getting drunk in my opinion has no purpose at all. As Sheepy says 'im on holiday'
Yes I do like having a laugh but drinking is not what i call a laugh, yes you have laugh while being drunk but that's under the influence of alcohol and not yourself.

I've read Tony Adams autobiography about him fighting against his Alcholism plus his life and career. Alcohol ruined his life and almost his career until he decided to stop. In my opinion drinking is all brought up by peer pressure, i like a a beer or 2 or some other alcoholic drink but drinking more is has no sense of all other than making you feel good if you have had a bad day for a night and making you 'hard' Oh and 'pulling' girls/guys while you are both drunk and gloating to your mates is not cool, it might be fun but try getting someone using the more sensible way.
Do people have no logic? Even when a fooballer dies people have not learnt how short life is and how shorter it can get.
Wed 02/07/03 at 21:01
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
Asher D wrote:
> Its sociable and its nice.
>
> Plus, remember, if you get drunk, its your choice. And likewise, if
> you have a cocktail just to put a ncie taste in yuor mouth, its your
> chocie as well.

Yeah, but if you get drunk and start a fight it no longer just becomes your choice, people can get injured just because some jerk had a few too many pints and couldn't control himself. I think it's ok to drink as long as you know your limit and you have to stop and control yourself to stop you from injuring yourself or others.
Wed 02/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I like to drink because it means I think less and that in turn makes me a more relaxed person.

I don't drink *all* the time. I went to the pub last night and had a few drinks with my friends. Everyone got a bit drunk and then we went home. I finished school a month ago so the night of the week means very little in my opinion.

I went for about 6 months of not getting drunk once... September 2002 to about February 2003 I think. And I'm going out again tonight 'bring drink if you want'. I might and I might not.

I like getting drunk, so there.
Wed 02/07/03 at 20:46
Regular
Its sociable and its nice.

Plus, remember, if you get drunk, its your choice. And likewise, if you have a cocktail just to put a ncie taste in yuor mouth, its your chocie as well.
Wed 02/07/03 at 18:56
Regular
"That's right!"
Goatboy wrote:
> But what about your weekend tales of you, Biz, Boz, Waz, Moj and Poff
> drinking "only 11 pints and some shots" and trying to pull
> barmaids??
>
> So you stay indoors and preen in little pants with weights?

-----------

Like I said, I don't go out as often as I used to, but that doesn't mean I don't go out for my mate's birthdays. And it's myself, Fos, Wal, Seb, Jay and Stone Cold Psycho Bennet, among others. Get the names right, old man. ;)

But, other than "special occasions" I tend to stay in. I'll be going out when we break up for college, and a few times over the summer holidays with my mates from college, but generally I'll be drinking in gardens/houses/pubs, not out on the town.
Wed 02/07/03 at 18:04
Regular
lader skorp1on dude
Wed 02/07/03 at 18:02
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
They need help, and often the will actually die without drink as the body produces chemicals, alcohol has them in abundance and the body stops making them. When they come off it, it can kill them.

Have to go now, i'll see you all later. (If you reply I will read)
Wed 02/07/03 at 17:56
Regular
Skorp1on wrote:
> I know someone who is probably going to die because of drink, he's a
> really nice guy. It's such a waste and enough to put anyone off heavy
> drinking, the odd one here and there is ok though...

alcoholism is a disease, and I feel people are not given the help they need, as it is assumed that they should 'pull themselves together'. my parents reaction to me complaining of a hangover is "no sympathy as it is self-inflicted".

I think this sums up a lot of peoples attitudes to heavy drinkers, and it needs to change if we are to help those who really need it.

A friends dad died of alcoholism just over a year ago.
Wed 02/07/03 at 17:51
Regular
"Subliminal messenge"
I know someone who is probably going to die because of drink, he's a really nice guy. It's such a waste and enough to put anyone off heavy drinking, the odd one here and there is ok though...
Wed 02/07/03 at 17:36
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
I don't drink. Doesn't appeal to me.
I can have fun without it.
Wed 02/07/03 at 17:33
Regular
a lot of valid points, its down to preference sniper, some people enjoy watching big brother, some people hate it with a passion (thats me). some people enjoy marmite (thats me), some people would rather eat dog crap.

some people like getting sloshed out of their minds, some do not.

Me? I like a tipple regularly, although I keep it to one or two nights a week (except on bank holidays when I may get trashed on sunday too). It's not 'all I do'. I am a very active person, I go swimming, play occasional games of football and go to jiujitsu twice a week.

for me its just a great way to unwind, relax, and a sociable thing to do with your friends. I would not choose drinking as a primary activity, more something I'd do after going out somewhere. Or perhaps I'd rent a few DVDs and pop round to a friends house where we'd have a few ales.

It is bad for you in large quantities, the hard part is knowing when to stop. Sure, when you're sober its easy to say "I'll only have two or three" but once you've had a few, you get the hunger for it, and tend to be up for loads more. maybe thats just me.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.