GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Freeola Broadband - Better Than Ever"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 26/06/03 at 18:09
Regular
From 30th June...

No hosting charges for domain names
No charges for extra web space

That means that Freeola Broadband users get the same great 'unlimited' deal as our 0845 customers.

- FREE UNLIMITED DOMAIN HOSTING
- FREE UNLIMITED WEB SPACE

MySQL remains a paid option at £3 per month.

Regards,
Danny
Thu 26/06/03 at 23:33
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
Memorandum wrote:
> "I know there's providers out there that do all this but I just
> don't know where to find them."
>
> So, you've never actually seen someone offer this service...but you
> know someone does.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> I fail to see the logic in that.

They are finally upgrading my local exchange on July 2nd, so Ive been taking a look at Broadband offers going about, unfortunatly they generally seem to en up being pretty much the same price...

If you get a free modem and connection, you end up paying 27+ quid a month... If you get a cheap connection, you have to pay 80 odd quid for the connection and modem... which, when you work it out over a year, tends to add up to pretty much the same price...

Their is a cable provider (NTL possibly?) who offer 600KBS for 24 quid a month with free connection and modem... unfortunatly, they dont provide a service out in the sticks where I am! gah!
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:58
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Using a LAN and ICS in Windows XP K-Lite works fine for me...
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:58
Regular
"where's my tag?"
God, I'm not making sense!!!!

I just found out the 18.99 provider from adslguide.org.uk, so I've found some places that offer what I want.
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:55
Regular
"where's my tag?"
Memorandum wrote:
> "I know there's providers out there that do all this but I just
> don't know where to find them."
>
> So, you've never actually seen someone offer this service...but you
> know someone does.
>
> Hmmm.
>
> I fail to see the logic in that.

Lol, that obviously doesn't make sense, oops.

I ment that I saw some providers in the past that did offer what I wanted, but now I can't remember their names or anything.

I have just found a tasty adsl provider that charges 18.79 a month, but there's no modem or router and there's an activation fee of around 59.99 I think. I'm thinking of picking up a PCI modem for about 40 pound and maybe forget the router. The down side to this servie is that P2P doesn't work so I think I mite have to forget about kazaa.
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:50
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Ahh, thanks!

But, it worked the other night...

Hmmmm.

Unless it changed it back, I did find all the passwords wiped today.

Only 4 messages, not as many people love me as I expected. And 2 of them are from complete idiots who don't possess the ability to write properly...

"you have to put more hillarious things like the piano player. That is the funniest one!"
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:36
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
mail.freeola.net not pop.freeola.com
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:22
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Wait wait wait.

That doesn't mean I can't access my Freeola emails via NTL does it? They haven't changed it have they?
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:20
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
Then I can be prime minister if I get a first or something can't I?

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'pop.freeola.com', Server: 'pop.freeola.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10061, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

OE seems to be paying me up. I can't access my emails...
Thu 26/06/03 at 20:07
Regular
"It goes so quickly"
phi11ip wrote:
> A BA in 'Being childish and immature.'
>
> Or maybe Management Sciences.
>
> You can choose!

... go for the first, you've got a knack for it :-)
Thu 26/06/03 at 19:52
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
"I know there's providers out there that do all this but I just don't know where to find them."

So, you've never actually seen someone offer this service...but you know someone does.

Hmmm.

I fail to see the logic in that.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.